PDA

View Full Version : MyBobba v2

Awfy
10-05-2007, 01:46 AM
(http://www.mybobba.com/)
www.mybobba.com (http://www.mybobba.com/)

Hey!

I've now released MyBobba version 2 to the public! It's basically a Habbo fansite that has been created to allow users to communicate using profiles and such.

May I just say we're having a few issues with the speed of the site at the moment. We are trying to optimize some of the plugins to make it faster.

So check it out at;

(http://www.mybobba.com/)
www.mybobba.com (http://www.mybobba.com/)

timROGERS
10-05-2007, 06:32 AM
It looks very nice :) I'll do some exploring of it tonight!

Agnostic Bear
10-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Last time I checked, weren't Habbo fansites designed with _Habbo_ style layouts, what you've done with your header looks an awful lot like OSX Leopard's navigation, don't you think?

Try designing a decent Habbo style layout, attempting to merge proper web design with Habbo design does _NOT_ work.

Have a nice Thursday.

Mystifo
10-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Last time I checked, weren't Habbo fansites designed with _Habbo_ style layouts, what you've done with your header looks an awful lot like OSX Leopard's navigation, don't you think?

Try designing a decent Habbo style layout, attempting to merge proper web design with Habbo design does _NOT_ work.

Have a nice Thursday.

LMAO at that!

Awfy
10-05-2007, 11:24 AM
The design is habboish I think. Just because we've used some fancy shading. Makes it no less of a Habbo fansite than the rest. For instance HabboForum is official and the only habbo thing about it is the banner.

Still thanks for the comment <3

the wombats
10-05-2007, 01:52 PM
that is a very good site. i like what you've done with the vb.

Invent
10-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Love the idea,
Love the graphics,

Just hasn't been done right with the vB :(

You should have made a custom system for the site, would have worked much better...

--ss--
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Nice site ,its kinda like pixelprofiles , the layout is too cramemd though
i like the idea of thoose bubble thingys you get whern you hover over links

:Alpha
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Really nice job Greg :) +REP

today
10-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Good Idea
Bad Idea using "Habbo" tbh get away from the whole "habbo" -.-' then its great, though its abit cramped and can get confusing on how to get to the 'forum' :]

cbco
10-05-2007, 07:39 PM
great site, me a Modertor there, personally I think its a great site :)

Aflux
10-05-2007, 07:43 PM
great site
Which is more than can be said for your English.

It's well developed although it's `stuck-up`.

Aces
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
very nice!

bullwinkle
10-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I FINK IT IS RUBBIZH

Imatate.
11-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah.. compare it to facebox (http://en.netlog.com)

Cough.. They look pretty much the same don't they..

Awfy
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
The site was influenced by MySpace and Netlog (Facebox).

--ss--
11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
The site was influenced by MySpace and Netlog (Facebox).
there was something similar to it called pixelprofiles witch all the rich habbos on .com made like a year ago but it got hacked and closed down , it was a habbo version of myspace

today
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm just wondering if it gets closed for "exposing habbos" ? :S

Awfy
11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
We're not exposing Habbo, exposing means to show something unwanted or secret. We moderate all images uploaded to the site, keeping them safe and secure to prevent anything bad appearing on the site.

today
11-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Good enough for me tbh. :)

Already a member ^_^

Aflux
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
We're not exposing Habbo, exposing means to show something unwanted or secret. We moderate all images uploaded to the site, keeping them safe and secure to prevent anything bad appearing on the site.
So you're telling me, you can moderate someone looking at a person's photo - going round outside, finding them and doing whatever imaginable?

& The Facebox comparison is just... hmmph.

Jabba
11-05-2007, 06:20 PM
My Opinion Of The Site.

- Top Confusing.
- Except from the profiles there is nothing to do.
- Annoying staff.
- Copied off facebox.
- The BRAND NEW NEXT GEN MESSENGER is just vbpager.
- Did you ever ask the Mod creaters whether you could remove copyrights?

Also anyone who want there profiles http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109094 with a few edits and then you have the new super profile which was ALL created by MyBobba :rolleyes:.

Jabba.

Also, I decided to report the arcade to v3arcade so you can get fined for doing stuff which costs. Happy Days :)

today
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
lolol Jabba, what they do to the arcade?

Jabba
11-05-2007, 06:35 PM
lolol Jabba, what they do to the arcade?

Removed the Powered By V3Arcade notice which costs £30 to remove.

today
11-05-2007, 06:37 PM
how do u know he didnt pay (I'm not taking sides and all.)

Aflux
11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
how do u know he didnt pay (I'm not taking sides and all.)
Greg'll claim he made it himself; as he did with the profile script.

Agnostic Bear
11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Yeah.. compare it to facebox (http://en.netlog.com)

Cough.. They look pretty much the same don't they..

No, stop being so immature and go find another site to talk *Removed* about, no-body gives a damn, they look nothing like eachother.

Also, I've noticed whenever a site gets rid of you (mainly because you need to l2php correctly), you start ranting and raving, pointing out any tiny wee errors (which _EVERY_ site has, NO EXCEPTIONS.), that don't bother, nor concern any major issue on the site in question.

www.php.net/manual, gb2/school/.

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter.

Imatate.
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
To be honest, *Removed*

And yes, i was contacted by v3arcade

here is the email

START FROM THE BOTTOM

On 11/05/07, John Warwick <*REMOVED*> wrote:

Ok, feel free to let him know that his site has been blacklisted and he will be unable to uninstall the upcoming batch of games to any installation on the mybobba.com (http://mybobba.com/) domain.

Regards,
John

On 5/11/07, imatate danny <*REMOVED*> wrote:
It's not my site.

The site is owned by *REMOVED* and he has changed everything completley.

Hope you understand,

Dan :)

On 11/05/07, John Warwick <*REMOVED* > wrote:
I can't help but notice that you're using my code on your site, yet you've removed the compulsory branding. Why is this?

Regards,
John Warwick
There we have it.

Edited by Nick- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the Forum filter.

today
12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
lololol ;o

Agnostic Bear
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
To be honest, *Removed*

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/Enumeric/1178812213901.png

No need to go la de da and start swearing at me is there, I only said you're immature, which by that post, proves you are.

Remember Dan; Push Button. Recieve Bacon.

Imatate.
12-05-2007, 09:04 PM
To be honest, I'm not bothered. As far as i'm concerned your the immature one. And also, you swore also. :)

today
12-05-2007, 09:18 PM
u both swore, cant u read the bold red edit notes by Nick ?

Imatate.
13-05-2007, 12:35 AM
This doesn't involve you :)

Agnostic Bear
13-05-2007, 02:57 AM
To be honest, I'm not bothered. As far as i'm concerned your the immature one. And also, you swore also. :)

I'm not the one who ****zed at CH for haing a dodgy license, it's a news system that _promised_ to be opensource, they made the promise, to hell with them if they bring out a paid version of it.

You sir, have forgotten where you are typing, this is a forum, forums are for the public discussion upon whatever is posted in said forum.

So yes, it does involve him.

GOOD DAY, BACON, TUESDAY AND APPLE FLAVOURED LOLLIPOPS TO YOU.

today
13-05-2007, 11:58 AM

You sir, have forgotten where you are typing, this is a forum, forums are for the public discussion upon whatever is posted in said forum.

So yes, it does involve him.

Yupp. Open forum, maybe next time use Private Messages Imatate. :rolleyes: then i cant "get involved".

Awfy
13-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Thank you for all the comments :)

Unpred5000
13-05-2007, 08:15 PM
So i see you put copyright back on then well done *claps*

today
13-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Also the picture's have gone :o

Awfy
13-05-2007, 08:21 PM
MyBobba isn't prevented from downloading/upgrading v3arcade as I told him the issue Dan had with the site and he knows the truth.

today
13-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Where did the picture gallery go ?

Aflux
13-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Well I got banned from the site for giving an idea to the owner as he did not have a `bad word filter` on the shoutbox so I was testing it out and I found that out.

I gave the owner some advice and he refused to take it and banned me as a result.

Invent
13-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Greg got permed for the site having pictures I have been told.

So it sorta makes sense that they removed the pictures because of this.

today
13-05-2007, 08:26 PM
well yeah there was a few unacceptable ones *coff* naked ones.

Length: From 05-13-2007 to 05-16-2007
Reason: Swearing within the shoutbox and trying to annoy staff members.
Banned By: Awfy

lololol.

Invent
13-05-2007, 08:32 PM
God, if Greg was smart enough he would just code a custom "bobba" filter for the shoutbox -_-

Awfy
13-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I see Simon you're opening MyHabbo? Can't you do ANYTHING that I haven't :P Kinda sad you have to use me for every idea, when mine are always better. Lol, anyway not coming back on this sad forum you guys can't design, code or think up your own ideas.

Good day :)

Invent
13-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I see Simon you're opening MyHabbo? Can't you do ANYTHING that I haven't Kinda sad you have to use me for every idea, when mine are always better. Lol, anyway not coming back on this sad forum you guys can't design, code or think up your own ideas.
Here we go again. EXACTLY what I said to Dan, your going to try to flame me for using MY in my sites name. 'oh noez'.

Greg, my site is an interactive site where users create their own "home" (habbo home sort of feature) AND many other things (most of the stuff on HabboRemix and more). The site WAS going to be called BobbleHomes when I was making the Habbo Home feature for BobbleFM but It's now for my fansite.

I wanted to call the site YourHabbo as it fit's extremely well with the site; but I can't call it that as that is an official site.

So I thought:
"Whats close to the word 'your'? Oh yes, 'my'"!

The name "myHABBO" fits my site extrememly well and it's just a big coincidence that your site is called myBobba.

-------------------------------

Lol, anyway not coming back on this sad forumAh, your leaving?! Again?...:rolleyes:

you guys can't design, code or think up your own ideas.Greg, this Forum is home to some of Habbo's most smart users. Most of the talented coders on this forum are better coders than you.

Oh and this may come as a shock to you...but there also better designers than you on this forum.

think up your own ideas.We can't think up our own ideas? LOL. Says the guy who copied another site's idea which copied another site's idea which copied MySpace. Yeah, we're the one's which cant think of unique ideas ;)

today
13-05-2007, 09:16 PM
nice intresting info about myHABBO tbh.

Byeee Greg.! :] He'll be back when myBOBBA comes up with a "new" feature or "version"

Imatate.
13-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Greg, Just because you can design and code doesn't mean that everyone should be able to.

Go back and sit on your little computer chair all day and code a new site. Also i have just been informed by v3arcade that you are now eligable to get reported to vBulletin for removing the v3 copyright in the first place. So that's exactly what i'm going to do now.. Write an email, You know how good i am at writing them and getting sites suspended. Don't you?

today
13-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Greg, Just because you can design and code doesn't mean that everyone should be able to.

Go back and sit on your little computer chair all day and code a new site. Also i have just been informed by v3arcade that you are now eligable to get reported to vBulletin for removing the v3 copyright in the first place. So that's exactly what i'm going to do now.. Write an email, You know how good i am at writing them and getting sites suspended. Don't you?
thats evil. ;]

Jabba
14-05-2007, 05:41 PM

This isn't the reason why v3arcade can report mybobba for. The main reason is because they are using a fake version of vbulletin as the owner of v3arcade emailed me back as I was the one who reported them for not having the copyright in the first place.

Bye MyBobba unless you get a licence.

Aflux
14-05-2007, 07:16 PM
thats evil. ;]
So's Greg.

Oh, and - you're saying that Simon can't come up with his own ideas?

MyBOBBA = MySpace, HabboRemix, Facebox and probably more.

Revivalry
14-05-2007, 07:36 PM
it's truly an excellent website aye gregorial =]

Tom$
15-05-2007, 07:17 PM
So's Greg.

Oh, and - you're saying that Simon can't come up with his own ideas?

MyBOBBA = MySpace, HabboRemix, Facebox and probably more.

Lmao, Thats true tbh

Imatate.
15-05-2007, 08:35 PM
This isn't the reason why v3arcade can report mybobba for. The main reason is because they are using a fake version of vbulletin as the owner of v3arcade emailed me back as I was the one who reported them for not having the copyright in the first place.

Bye MyBobba unless you get a licence.

Yes, and i was the one who got a kind email from the vBulletin developer stating that my license had been terminated.

I have it back now :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!