PDA

View Full Version : United Players Going Overboard

Syd
01-05-2005, 04:06 PM
From the last game that Manchester United played, fans are starting to think their players are going overboard with the punishment referee's are giving out. Gary Neville, being sent off for his attack against the fan of Everton, by kicking the ball into the crowd and then Paul Scholes red card for fouling inappropriately twice, do you think that they're going overboard? Or is it just fans taking action over something that has been there for some time?

Get your thoughts and views in now.

Randy-ortonrko
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Well gary nevil shouldnt actually react
and that person shouldnt boo him
there both in the wrong so its hard to say
but a famous play should never kik a ball at someone
he could of had a baby he was carrying
sorry man u r going overboard

Davisman
03-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Well things aint going very well for Man U!!!!! :D

YellowParasol
04-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Oh well, Man u all the way! :D

SSC7
04-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Gary should've been sent off for what he did. You can't kick a ball into the crowd no matter what they say. (I think the fan said something about his aunt who has cancer.) Um Paul Scholes also should've been sent off. He was trying to hit the guy who ran by him. Not sure about the first yellow though. So I think they are going overboard.

But to be fair I think, as Ferguson says, refs arn't calling much for them. Alan Smith got pulled down in the box and it was a blatent penalty and I couldn't believe the ref said play on.

JamesRoe
04-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Ok whether your famous or not id stick with Gary Neville on this 1, if your playing for a lot of money and in an intense situation and some tw** is mouthing off i think he did well 2 just kick the ball at him, if anything he should be rewarded he found a football hooligan ( who sould be given heavy fine and banned from returning to a football match). Somebody else made the point of watching a recent game and hearing many racist comments, people wont make theese comments if they now its the last match they see if they say it. Football is a passionate and heated game and should be played like that Scholes's two challenges were just that the second 1 was too high but he shouldnt be sent off, the modern game has developed nasty habitt of diving and going down far too easily - and id say in the English game Gary Neville and Paul Scholes are some of the most well mannered and fairest players... some people need to take lessons off, including Liverpool's Spanish contingent and the French contingent of Arsenal.

Syd
04-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Well said my friend, well said. Although, I thought the ref was biased throughout the game. I still cannot believe that Alan Smith got a play on from that foul in the box. The fouler shou;ld've been cautioned. But still, it's all politic's these days :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!