PDA

View Full Version : PSP and DS?

Boo-
15-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Right I just want peoples opinion...

I owned a PSP and I use to own a DS but sold it when I bought my PSP.

However I miss my DS now and was wondering if people think its weird/wrong to have both PSP and DS? I enjoy my PSP for movies and music etc, as I only like a few games that have been brought out on the PSP... but yet on the DS there are quite alot of games I do like and find they bring out games that are more me - only thing is you cant watch movies and listen to music.

Basically what do you think, is it worth it buying a DS again? and is it weird to own both?

Thanks for any comments

Blinger1
15-05-2007, 10:33 AM
this will just be a massive fight.. again!

Neil
15-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't think it can be considered weird to own both :S I have both, only fan boys will be against owning both, I'm not a fan boy, I have Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles and that's not considered weird, PSP is good for music/movies DS is good for games

And you can watch movies and listen to music on DS now btw

Boo-
15-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't think it can be considered weird to own both :S I have both, only fan boys will be against owning both, I'm not a fan boy, I have Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles and that's not considered weird, PSP is good for music/movies DS is good for games

And you can watch movies and listen to music on DS now btw

:o when could you watch movies and music on DS? Never use to be on there I'm sure... unless I really am dumb ;]

this will just be a massive fight.. again!

how will it? I'm only asking if its weird to own both..

Oni
15-05-2007, 11:01 AM
:o when could you watch movies and music on DS? Never use to be on there I'm sure... unless I really am dumb ;]

how will it? I'm only asking if its weird to own both..
Always could if you bought an addon off internet.

Neil
15-05-2007, 11:08 AM
You can buy it,

http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&p=17&i=9031&s=8

My uncle got it, it's really good xD it isn't as good as PSP as that's a wider screen but it's still pretty good

ZL2.
15-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I have both, tbh i didnt want my DS but my nan insisted on getting it and i am glad she did, i dont use my PSP but if you do really miss your DS buy one? Nothing wrong in doing so..

Boo-
15-05-2007, 11:57 AM
I have both, tbh i didnt want my DS but my nan insisted on getting it and i am glad she did, i dont use my PSP but if you do really miss your DS buy one? Nothing wrong in doing so..

Yea I think I will do I like using my PSP mainly for movies and music, DS was great for games.. loved playing animal crossing :]

Just thought to myself 'would it seem a waste of money' ?

Thanks for help

Oni
15-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Pokemon D/P is another reason to rebuy a ds

Lycan
15-05-2007, 12:08 PM
yes a friend at college keeps waving his pokeman game about and pointing excitedly

Azza
15-05-2007, 12:12 PM
how is it supposed to be weird?
wow the terror of owning a PSP b sony and a DS by nintendo.. the world has ended xD
from the sounds of it you were better off not getting psp as you can watch movies etc. with other things.
If you want DS again get it, if u dont dont get it.
There nothing wrong if you have a PSP and DS O_o its just portable consles.. whats weird about that? having 2 psps or 2 ds's to your self would be weird though =]

You
15-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Yea I think I will do I like using my PSP mainly for movies and music, DS was great for games.. loved playing animal crossing :]

Just thought to myself 'would it seem a waste of money' ?

Thanks for help
Nothings a waste of money if you really want it... besides, you can bring it back within a timelimit?

Sunny.
15-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I own a PSP and I sometimes think of buying a DS mainly because of games like Nintendo dogs and pokemon, But I would miss my PSP IF i sold it

Jam
15-05-2007, 03:05 PM
ROFL At PKMN Comment

I Have Both DS And PSP (Well 2 DS One Lite One 'Phat') And I Go Through Phases, One Day I'l Be Sitting For Hours On End Playing Fifa 07 On PSP The Next Playing On Pkmn Diamond. If You Miss It Buy One Simple As. I Do This With Home Consoles So I Hate Wii™ At The Mo :)

awelsh
15-05-2007, 04:00 PM
I have both psp and ds(the old one) and tbh I never use the ds much anymore, and only ever use the psp to browse the net quickly.

theyre ok if your in the car etc... but theyre pretty boring for me otherwise

Bouncing
15-05-2007, 04:11 PM
hmm ds, mario is more addictive xD

CrazyColaist
15-05-2007, 08:11 PM
i used to have a psp but sony decided to put somthing in there fireware which bricked it.

Psps = crap for fun.
psp = good for media (music pictures videos)
ds = Good graphics
Ds = great fun

there both as good as each other tbh

PaulMacC
15-05-2007, 08:19 PM
DS' online play is much better with built in microphone.

PSP was highly priced like the PS3 and has many feature's but people just dont buy them.

The Game Boy Advanced SP & Normal outsold the PSP & PS3 this Chrimbo combined.

I've always been a Nintendo fanboy but I own a black PSP and havent play it in yoinks.

I also bought it because of Final Fantasy 3 , Mario Kart DS and who can forget Pokémon Pearl & Diamond FTW

Jam
18-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Whoever -Repped Me I Wasnt Dissing Pokemon I Was Laffing At Lycans Post About PKMN, I Own Diamond :)

PTER
19-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, as people said, you CAN watch videos, and play music on your ds.
In my opinion, Ds lite is now better than Psp because of the touch screen, which make the games more enjoyable..

There are actually several chips that allow you to play music, videos, view pictures, view text, and actually import "roms" so you wouldnt have to buy any games anymore..

Agent 47
19-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Offtopic: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b260/IMMonkey/Forum%20Funnies/1157775914442.jpg

Ontopic: If you really want it again, go for it. I've been considering buying one myself.

GommeInc
19-05-2007, 06:50 PM
I prefer the DS. Imaginative game play, wider range of interesting games, reliable and long battery life.

Neil
19-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I prefer the DS. Imaginative game play, wider range of interesting games, reliable and long battery life.

Yea, I bought PSP thinking "this looks awesome" but it's really kinda boring :S the games are good, pretty fun to play but everything else is boring, DS is tons better, unique, fun and alot of games xD

Sly
19-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I have both but i dont think iv played my psp since the week i baught it where as i play my ds every day nearly

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!