PDA

View Full Version : French speaking and listening exam - Help!

VPSwow
15-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Well i have my french speaking and listening exam first thing tomorrow morning. Is is the Foundation tier paper and i am hoping to achieve the top grade of a B on it.

However on the past papers at school i seem to be doing well on the listening paper but really bad on the reading.

Can anyone suggest any statagies that could help me with my reading paper.

+REP to everyone who helps :D

Hecktix
15-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Are you in year 10?
If so don't worry!!
It is quite hard, I did foundation last year and got a C.
I'm resitting it tomorrow on the higher course, my friend does German and resat it and said it was so easy because you instantly recognise the words because you've been doing the subject longer.

All I reccomend is go through all of your notes, that is how you will be successful with reading. Remember: You can answer some questions in ENGLISH (I cant remember if its all or some) so you don't have to worry about writing anything in french, but you need to know how to read it, you need to recognise the verbs, if you can understand the verb you can pretty much understand the sentence, as long as you get the tenses right.

All I can say is read through your notes, but you should be able to resit it next year with another year's french under you.

Good luck tomorrow, I have mine too :P

Energizer
15-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I had mine last November, it was quite hard but I did it on Higher I think, I got a D lmao. But yh, go through notes and that.
I've got listening and reading first thing tomorrow ):

VPSwow
15-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes i am in year 10 and its all writing in letters or english. Good job.

Thanks for your help :D The problem is that we changed courses this year so my grade for this is 25% of my grade at the end of year 11 we do 2 oral exams and 2 reading and listening all at 12.5% each.

Cascada
16-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Aller sucer les noix de singe ! [:

VPSwow
16-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Well i did it today and it was extreamly hard :(

Thread closed :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!