View Full Version : study leave

DiscoPat
16-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Today was crap, they made a quick announcement and gatherd all the year 11s and then aid today is your last day, study leave etc, i mean how dumb can u get, not telling us and just suddenly saying its your last day, i swear down i hate all the senior staff:@

Soka
16-05-2007, 04:44 PM
i've being told my last day is this friday,
and your allowed to get your **** signed etc, and your leaving book
i can't wait to leave school and go to a more laid back college

Ashley 12344
16-05-2007, 05:01 PM
AT LEAST YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY SCHOOL COMES OUT WITH SOME BULL THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAVE SAID NO STUDY LEAVE. LIKE ANYONE BELIEVES THEM. ITS SO ****ING ANNOYING!
May be in caps, but its true. Annoyed me soooo much.

Wootzeh
16-05-2007, 06:24 PM
i've being told my last day is this friday,
and your allowed to get your **** signed etc, and your leaving book
i can't wait to leave school and go to a more laid back college
You're allowed to have your **** signed? :O

Soka
16-05-2007, 06:57 PM
You're allowed to have your **** signed? :O

oops stupid typo
i meant shirt :P

and to ashley, we can either go to revision lessons at school, revise on our own at school, or revise at home
so i've taken revise at home option and just going in for exams

Ashley 12344
16-05-2007, 07:11 PM
oops stupid typo
i meant shirt :P

and to ashley, we can either go to revision lessons at school, revise on our own at school, or revise at home
so i've taken revise at home option and just going in for exams

My schools pretty much said:

After half term, we will be expected to come to certain lessons depending on exams, as well as a roughly 2 hour revision session before as many exams as possible. Of course, everyone said 'I won't come', but they said it'll go down as truancy. Tbh, I think their bluffing.

Ramones
16-05-2007, 07:13 PM
My schools pretty much said:

After half term, we will be expected to come to certain lessons depending on exams, as well as a roughly 2 hour revision session before as many exams as possible. Of course, everyone said 'I won't come', but they said it'll go down as truancy. Tbh, I think their bluffing.

me to, they said we don't have to go but if we don't it's counted as truancy and we get detentions :S

i'd be happy with study leave

Soka
16-05-2007, 07:15 PM
AT LEAST YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY SCHOOL COMES OUT WITH SOME BULL THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAVE SAID NO STUDY LEAVE. LIKE ANYONE BELIEVES THEM. ITS SO ****ING ANNOYING!
May be in caps, but its true. Annoyed me soooo much.

lol, they're not goign to record it now i doubt tbh
because do you get them aiming higher certs? [puncutality/behavour]
well they're all finished now.

VPSwow
16-05-2007, 07:20 PM
We dont even get study leave! STUPID GOVENERS!

Ashley 12344
16-05-2007, 07:22 PM
lol, they're not goign to record it now i doubt tbh
because do you get them aiming higher certs? [puncutality/behavour]
well they're all finished now.

They probably would, just to annoy us all.

They can't do anything whatsoever to force us, except the threat of college's receiving truancy reports. I really don't know whether this is a bluff or not.

Soka
16-05-2007, 07:23 PM
ahwell, i'm safe, its better to revise at home anyway
i get more done because if at school your just talking to mates most of time

DiscoPat
16-05-2007, 07:37 PM
The bit that **** me of is that they didnt tell us and most of the people, well; nearly all, didnt bring cameras and other stuff and it really is a **** take, they really are thick in the head..

Ashley 12344
16-05-2007, 07:55 PM
ahwell, i'm safe, its better to revise at home anyway
i get more done because if at school your just talking to mates most of time

Yes, precisely. They say we get more 'focused' revision. Yes, a class full of people shouting is focused :rolleyes:

The bit that **** me of is that they didnt tell us and most of the people, well; nearly all, didnt bring cameras and other stuff and it really is a **** take, they really are thick in the head..

Ah ye, I can see why.

Their making it so our last day in 10 days after my last exam. Which is equally as messed up, same with the prom, literally half way through the exams :eusa_wall

DaveTaylor
16-05-2007, 07:58 PM
don't need it my exams are finished :8

PaulMacC
16-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Truant lol.

What the heck is truant i know it's mitching school.

Truant sounds weird and stupid

today
16-05-2007, 08:43 PM
i leave on my last exam 22nd June.

=///

Jamie!
16-05-2007, 10:14 PM
we don't get study leave cause head says we would be better off having time in classes than being out n bout.. which is kinda true! anyways, we finish on monday, got an exam on the tuesday, then got a 13day break til the next so i suppose we still get one kinda.

FlyingJesus
16-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Technically you're not actually meant to get study leave at GCSE level, so your school wasn't lying when they said the government don't allow it. There's a certain amount of days that a school can have off legally, and study leave obviously makes that count rise well above what it should be. Most people don't complain thought, hence why it goes unchecked.

le harry
17-05-2007, 10:47 AM
We don't get them till year 12.

Our school doesn't trust us ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!