PDA

View Full Version : This is what makes me sick.

alexxxxx
17-05-2007, 07:50 PM
A boy was murdered in Febuary, and the two men who did it have been charged. The news is full of Madaline McCann, but this boy was shot dead, and i hadn't heard much about it till today.

I think it's a bit racist, a young white girl (who's not even confirmed as dead) is commemorated in every paper in the land, but a black teenage boy that was murdered in his own bedroom get's nothing said at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6667597.stm

clarissa !!
17-05-2007, 07:51 PM
ive heard about that.

mangle
17-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeahh , people also get knived/shot or seriously hurt on average once a day in Nottingham. We never get a mention. Someone was stabbed in the eye fgs and that didnt make national news.

trAsp
;3499018']A boy was murdered in Febuary, and the two men who did it have been charged. The news is full of Madaline McCann, but this boy was shot dead, and i hadn't heard much about it till today.

I think it's a bit racist, a young white girl (who's not even confirmed as dead) is commemorated in every paper in the land, but a black teenage boy that was murdered in his own bedroom get's nothing said at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6667597.stm

Clearly something was said, since you know about this and so do I.

bullwinkle
never heard of it. your right.

Ashhizzle
17-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Pfft, racism aint kl

alexxxxx
17-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeahh , people also get knived/shot or seriously hurt on average once a day in Nottingham. We never get a mention. Someone was stabbed in the eye fgs and that didnt make national news.

nottz iz bare dangerous. haha. seen all the 'gangsters' from st annes around viccy centre at night. urgh.

bullwinkle
17-05-2007, 07:59 PM
*Message Removed*

Edited by Ry (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

ok jokin. i promise, poor boi.

Ashhizzle
17-05-2007, 08:02 PM
*Message Removed*
ok jokin. i promise, poor boi.
Your a racist xo

racism aint cool dude.

bullwinkle
17-05-2007, 08:03 PM
LOL. no im not, im changing that post because i was joking but your all gonna take it the wrong

mangle
17-05-2007, 08:07 PM
;3499065']nottz iz bare dangerous. haha. seen all the 'gangsters' from st annes around viccy centre at night. urgh.
Haha!
I get all them rolling through Wollo at night haha!

Seacat
17-05-2007, 08:11 PM
It's because, to be frank, we're quite used to knife and gun attacks going on within the black community. To say it's racist is quite stupid, considering that almost every week on the news there's coverage of a black murder - the Damilola Taylor thing was one of the most covered murder investigations ever, and he was black.

The case of Madeleine (sp?) McCann has come as quite a shock as these people were on holiday where you don't expect your young daughter to be kidnapped.

You've also got to take in to consideration the parents' wishes. Madeleine's parents clearly want the story to be in the media everyday as they keep holding press conferences - possibly in the hope that it will lead to Madeleine's recovery. The mother/father of the person murdered in that article may not have wanted nationwide coverage - everyone reacts differently and just because the story of a black person been murdered isn't covered doesn't mean the media is racist. Also it seems to me that there are already suspects for the murder in the article you mentioned - and so nationwide coverage isn't needed as the police aren't looking for anyone.

There are only so many times you can report a murder, but when someone goes missing you can report it as many times as you need until the person is found.

I think people seem to use the word racism now quite lightly, when really it's a complicated issue and people should take in to account other factors before making sweeping statements accusing people/organisations of racism.

3d
17-05-2007, 08:21 PM
;3499018']A boy was murdered in Febuary, and the two men who did it have been charged. The news is full of Madaline McCann, but this boy was shot dead, and i hadn't heard much about it till today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6667597.stmi admit with the madeleine crap going on stop reporting it people [well i] *Text Removed* ,

sure i feel sorry for her and the mum and dad but fgs its over the top way to much

and when you said its racist i literally laughed in real how is it racist

Edited by Ry (Forum Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter.

brandon
17-05-2007, 08:24 PM
exactly, and people moan at me when i say how hyped up it is.

Azul
17-05-2007, 08:28 PM
At the time it happened it was all over the news, and Madeline is actually still missing.

Wayne
17-05-2007, 08:32 PM

Yeah, I heard about that, I haven't heard about this boy though. Maybe it is racism.

FlyingJesus
17-05-2007, 08:35 PM
It's not racist, and the Madeleine McCann story is in the news so much for two reasons:

1) Her parents can afford it
2) They're hoping she's still alive, so they're keeping her face in the news in the hope that someone will find her or remember seeing her and report in.

Mentor
17-05-2007, 08:38 PM
o.0 at least it gets a mention, take in to account a few 100 children today alown starved to death, a few 100 more were raped, murdered or killed in 3rd world countarys.
But that doesnt effect the UK so it gets no mention and no one cares.

Its like the Tsunami, over a 100,000 people were killed but the news is all about the 3(or what ever) british people there who were on holiday... no bias at all.

Ostinato
17-05-2007, 08:56 PM
If there was a big report in every single newspaper about every case of murder etc. then you'd be reading a 10,000 page book every day.

The case of Madeline is particularly shocking because it's an innocent 3 year old girl, which their arn't many cases of - whilst unfortunately there is many more cases of teenage deaths.

bullwinkle
17-05-2007, 09:00 PM
It's because, to be frank, we're quite used to knife and gun attacks going on within the black community. To say it's racist is quite stupid, considering that almost every week on the news there's coverage of a black murder - the Damilola Taylor thing was one of the most covered murder investigations ever, and he was black.

The case of Madeleine (sp?) McCann has come as quite a shock as these people were on holiday where you don't expect your young daughter to be kidnapped.

You've also got to take in to consideration the parents' wishes. Madeleine's parents clearly want the story to be in the media everyday as they keep holding press conferences - possibly in the hope that it will lead to Madeleine's recovery. The mother/father of the person murdered in that article may not have wanted nationwide coverage - everyone reacts differently and just because the story of a black person been murdered isn't covered doesn't mean the media is racist. Also it seems to me that there are already suspects for the murder in the article you mentioned - and so nationwide coverage isn't needed as the police aren't looking for anyone.

There are only so many times you can report a murder, but when someone goes missing you can report it as many times as you need until the person is found.

I think people seem to use the word racism now quite lightly, when really it's a complicated issue and people should take in to account other factors before making sweeping statements accusing people/organisations of racism.

how can you be arsed writing that..

If there was a big report in every single newspaper about every case of murder etc. then you'd be reading a 10,000 page book every day.

The case of Madeline is particularly shocking because it's an innocent 3 year old girl, which their arn't many cases of - whilst unfortunately there is many more cases of teenage deaths.

there are hundreds. its because shes blonde.

summer
17-05-2007, 09:00 PM
;3499018']

I think it's a bit racist,

I can't believe you even went there.

bullwinkle
17-05-2007, 09:24 PM
oh, my god.

alexxxxx
18-05-2007, 07:22 AM
haha. i mean i think it's a bit of a farce. That girl's gone. And I doubt she's coming back. If it was a small black boy, do you think as many people would care? Can you think of the way it'd be portrayed on the news? and Ostinato, you just proved that whole idea yourself. You said it was a rare child kidnapping, well, kidnapping is rare, but you also said it was of an 'innocent little girl.' Exactly how the media WANT you to think of her. Why did her parents not take her out to dinner? Maybe her parents had had enough of her misbehaving and left her in the room.

:Hazel
18-05-2007, 09:10 AM
i've heard both of them. :S

le harry
18-05-2007, 09:49 AM

Nailed it :)

hobo
18-05-2007, 09:58 AM
;3500211']haha. i mean i think it's a bit of a farce. That girl's gone. And I doubt she's coming back. If it was a small black boy, do you think as many people would care? Can you think of the way it'd be portrayed on the news? and Ostinato, you just proved that whole idea yourself. You said it was a rare child kidnapping, well, kidnapping is rare, but you also said it was of an 'innocent little girl.' Exactly how the media WANT you to think of her. Why did her parents not take her out to dinner? Maybe her parents had had enough of her misbehaving and left her in the room.

because a child misbehaves does not mean they deserve to be kidnapped :|
that's the most stupid thing i've heard in a long time, what child doesn't misbehave and how does the fact that she might have misbehaved change anything!?
why her parents didn't take her out for dinner means nothing, it has no relevence. All that matters is that she's missing and needs to be found.

and it is in no way racist.
think about it, the news is there to tell us what's happening, but obviously they're going to give more coverage to more unusual stories.
a lot of teenagers get killed, especially through knife crime, but how often do you hear of young girls been kidnapped while on holiday?
the boy's story did get some coverage, i saw it on the news, but he's dead, and the media reporting the story more isn't going to do anything to help, but with Madeline they want to keep her in the news incase someone who knows something sees it and gives evidence, and to keep people on the lookout.

Shawnstra
18-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Pretty cruel tbh. There have been many such events occuring nowadays. Yesterday I saw in the news that in China one student attacked 6 of his classmates with a knife, killing 2, in a stairwell.

FlyingJesus
18-05-2007, 02:13 PM
;3500211']haha. i mean i think it's a bit of a farce. That girl's gone. And I doubt she's coming back. If it was a small black boy, do you think as many people would care? Can you think of the way it'd be portrayed on the news? and Ostinato, you just proved that whole idea yourself. You said it was a rare child kidnapping, well, kidnapping is rare, but you also said it was of an 'innocent little girl.' Exactly how the media WANT you to think of her. Why did her parents not take her out to dinner? Maybe her parents had had enough of her misbehaving and left her in the room.

You clearly don't know the story very well. It wasn't Madeleine left alone in the room, her younger siblings were there too, so it clearly wasn't a "punishment" for misbehaviour. And yes, if the child was black I'm sure there would still be the same or similar media coverage, as long as the parents wanted it and could afford it as Madeleine's parents do/can.

You seem hell bent on the idea that everyone hates black boys..

Mentor
18-05-2007, 03:11 PM
This thread alown proves the hypocrasy, someone mentions a few 100 murders and rapes of youg children in africa... sometimes in a single day. No one gives a ****. But 1 single child disappearing, oh noes its the ends of the worlds...

Perspective is somthing most people seem to lack.

Technologic
18-05-2007, 03:16 PM
It's because the girl is white and british and the boy who got shot isn't. It happens all the time and it disgusts me. This is a multi-cultural society but the media still feel the need to be racist. Oh yeah also, last night on the news a story about 4 british soldiers killed was put after a story about bins... just goes to show.

alexxxxx
18-05-2007, 03:28 PM
You clearly don't know the story very well. It wasn't Madeleine left alone in the room, her younger siblings were there too, so it clearly wasn't a "punishment" for misbehaviour. And yes, if the child was black I'm sure there would still be the same or similar media coverage, as long as the parents wanted it and could afford it as Madeleine's parents do/can.

You seem hell bent on the idea that everyone hates black boys..

haha, fair enough. close the thread. i'm getting ripped for like the first time ever. ;[

Browney
18-05-2007, 03:42 PM
You know, a week or so after it first emerged she was missing, 30 people in Iraq (Iraqi citizens I must add) died of a car bomb attack. The main story was still the fact that Madeline McCann has been missing a week. They dedicated 5 minutes to telling us what the police has done since she went missing and the 30 people killed got a 30 second mention. Shame, in my opinion.

Oh and I've had 2 weeks of having Madeline's face shoved in front of mine. If ANYONE in Britain doesn't know her name or face they should really go back into the cave they've been living in for the past fortnight.

Jamie!
18-05-2007, 03:56 PM
people will probably take this the wrong way but its comments like that, (suggesting thats it racist cause it don't get coverage) that make this country so pc now.

Ashley 12344
18-05-2007, 03:58 PM
I've been saying this for a while.

Its like nothing happens in England these days, all the media and news television programs are dedicated to a girl who could've walked off for all anyone knows.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!