Lycan
Baving/alan

Current super/moderation staff:
Catzsy
Garion
Lµke

URL:
http://www.opinionsftw.com

We also need a banner if anyone can take a few moments to make us one.

When forum is opened and you join, your rep from this forum will be transferred over (points and rep power.)

Jcshua
19-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll register when it opens :).

Can I be a MOD?

I can also make you a banner, PM me with specs and so.

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 03:18 PM
We won't be needing mods right yet.

We will put you on the list though if we find you are an active member :)

We have only hired a few super moderators

Jcshua
19-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Okay, I'll make the banner later on :).

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Okay we kinda do need it before we open though

Thanks

redtom
19-05-2007, 03:54 PM
What do you want on the banner, what style do you want, what colours and so on?

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Needs to match the forum colors/style

White backround, and it needs to say Opinions FTW

Just kinda match it up with the skin as best as you can

TY

redtom
19-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Needs to match the forum colors/style

White backround, and it needs to say Opinions FTW

Just kinda match it up with the skin as best as you can

TY

Okey I'll give it ago it will probley be ****

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 04:17 PM
If you could try that would be awesome!

Thanks.

redtom
19-05-2007, 04:19 PM
http://www.****************/uploads/21db431b14.gif

:(

Tryed to keep it simple but it's turned out crap

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Its nice and I like it, but it only needs to be text :P

Lycan
19-05-2007, 04:30 PM

:(

Tryed to keep it simple but it's turned out crap

Not sure, if it went with te forums blue theme i think that would look ok

Jamesy
19-05-2007, 07:05 PM
your late... its past 20:00 BST

jarhead!
19-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Am I able to be a mod?

Aflux
19-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Just makes me think of notmyopinion...

LondonGoons
19-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Offical opening Planned for 19th May 20:00 BST

Current Admin staff:
Dentafrice
Sygon
Lycan
Baving/alan

Current super/moderation staff:
Catzsy
Garion
Lµke

This is what you call staff :)

I registered as [N] my previous habbox account.

Jamesy
19-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Am I able to be a mod?

he sed in a diffo thread that they dont need mods atm, but they will consider people later if the forum is a sucess, no point having 10 mods for 3 people

benjamin
19-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't think it will work tbh.
I might join at a later date though.

Lycan
19-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't think it will work tbh.
I might join at a later date though.

i guess the support of habbox members to give it a quick start up with posts will depend on if it surives.

jarhead!
19-05-2007, 07:52 PM
This is what you call staff :)

I registered as [N] my previous habbox account.
Correct, also with Lycans point, if you advertise right, and get half of HxF you might be a sussess in somthing under 2months.

Oni
19-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Im not to keen on the idea anymore, me and redtom are developing something which in my opinion will be alot better as it will attract webdesginers from other forums too

Jcshua
19-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Good luck! doing the banner later tonight or tommorow.

Lycan
19-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Im not to keen on the idea anymore, me and redtom are developing something which in my opinion will be alot better as it will attract webdesginers from other forums too

so the idea of working together and moving forums and devloping that forum, has already failed because people like their ideas better and want to devlop them where they can be the boss.

forums been open just over an hour and i can already see how it will fail

hadouken!
19-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Don't like to say it, but it just seems like another vb. Prove me wrong though :(

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 08:24 PM
New competition added for a cash prize!

Life isn't always about web design, true it may attract some web designers Ozzie but some people are not interested in that

Aflux
19-05-2007, 08:26 PM
New competition added for a cash prize!

Life isn't always about web design, true it may attract some web designers Ozzie but some people are not interested in that
And some people aren't interested in, erm, your forum...

Many people are interested in web design but trying to get a forum off the ground nowadays is becoming an almost impossible task.

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 08:32 PM
And some people aren't interested in, erm, your forum...

Many people are interested in web design but trying to get a forum off the ground nowadays is becoming an almost impossible task.
I agree, some people may be interested, most people will probably not be interested in the stupid site your advertising in your Avatar either

Oni
19-05-2007, 08:36 PM
so the idea of working together and moving forums and devloping that forum, has already failed because people like their ideas better and want to devlop them where they can be the boss.

I liked the idea at first but lets be realisitcally honest we arent going to get everyone to move.

Aflux
19-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I agree, some people may be interested, most people will probably not be interested in the stupid site your advertising in your Avatar either
Aren't we going a little off-topic here?

Why do you call the site advertised in my avatar `stupid` when you know absolutely nothing about it at-all?

That's a bit, prejudice; I'm stating facts here.

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I liked the idea at first but lets be realisitcally honest we arent going to get everyone to move.

We are not trying to get everyone to move.

Aren't we going a little off-topic here?

Why do you call the site advertised in my avatar `stupid` when you know absolutely nothing about it at-all?

That's a bit, prejudice; I'm stating facts here.

Well the site don't even load...

And those are not facts, they are opinions. Opinions FTW ;)

redtom
19-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Correct, also with Lycans point, if you advertise right, and get half of HxF you might be a sussess in somthing under 2months.

No it would fail because if the people are from habbox then they would post on habbox because it's a bigger community, you need people from a lots of diffrent forum who have never met before to make it good.

Lycan

True but to get a small portion to create a new communtiy... a better community... is that not worth it?

Aflux
We are not trying to get everyone to move.

Well the site don't even load...

And those are not facts, they are opinions. Opinions FTW ;)
No, they're pretty much facts.

Considering I haven't done anything yet; it cannot be stupid...

Oni
19-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I see where the names coming from but using FTW in it in my opinion makes it sound abit 'geeky'.

redtom
19-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Sorry but please don't comment on what you do not know about, ozzie started it before this forum and its nothing like this idea.

Lycan
19-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I see where the names coming from but using FTW in it in my opinion makes it sound abit 'geeky'.

And having Habbo in the name makes it less geeeky

i guess the name can be changed at any point, but still requires a communtiy

Comment , i was just putting forward the orignal idea of a project lead by many rather then many projects lead by one

Oni
19-05-2007, 08:47 PM
And having Habbo in the name makes it less geeeky

i guess the name can be changed at any point, but still requires a communtiy
I didnt say habbo something random.
Eg compare names
Aflux.com sounds alot better than OpinionsFTW.com even though its random.

Lycan
19-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Ok,

I Wish you good Luck.

Aflux
19-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Most people who don't use the internet very often, or who aren't in touch with internet slang won't even know what `FTW` means anyway...

Jamesy
19-05-2007, 08:50 PM
if you want an incentive, you can get 10 dollars if you can get the most people onto the forum...

Lycan
19-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Most people who don't use the internet very often, or who aren't in touch with internet slang won't even know what `FTW` means anyway...

Intresting, i wish you good luck, you atempt to discredit the name even more.

The name isn't the best in the world but it can always be changed at a later date.

we do plan on incentives, once the forum picks up VIP will be introduced, the money made off this will go into Monthly prizes (MP3, CDs , DVDs, ) etc.

Jamesy
19-05-2007, 08:54 PM
if they dont know wot it means, wont they come to the site to find out? Curiosity always lures people in.

Sly
19-05-2007, 09:10 PM
One of the reasons this forum is popular in my opinion is because more often than not, when you click new posts, there are new posts to reply to. With the new forum, it will be boring and just not as good as habbox itself.

I might join at a later date if it starts to become more popular. No point wasting time on a forum that will be sold on or closed.

font
19-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I just want to say, I love the forums :D

Aflux
19-05-2007, 09:14 PM
The name isn't the best in the world but it can always be changed at a later date.

If you knew anything about business, you'd know that changing the name or your company or product is very bad for business.

Lycan
19-05-2007, 09:14 PM
One of the reasons this forum is popular in my opinion is because more often than not, when you click new posts, there are new posts to reply to. With the new forum, it will be boring and just not as good as habbox itself.

I might join at a later date if it starts to become more popular. No point wasting time on a forum that will be sold on or closed.

at the momment, i'm clicking new posts on the new posts and there are new posts.. but this will only continue as long as people do signup and do post, if you wait... you could kill it

- and to the post above, i actually have a good deal of information stored in this brain of mine relating to business. and no, no it doesn't. the renaming of a product can actually boost sales and advertising. Adobe throwing out the Macromedia tag from its products has added a boost to their sales.

If you have a problem with the forum, please do go ahead and moan a bit more to discredit , but me and the rest of the mature members of this forum will ignore it

Aflux
19-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Adobe actually bought out Macromedia so it virtually had to be called Adobe to save it being two separate things.

I'm trying to help you here, if you're going to change names; do it early on, very early.

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 09:24 PM
They didn't have to call Macromedia Adobe.

Lots of companies own side companys.

reindeer.
19-05-2007, 09:25 PM
wow, that site really does look good, well done fellas!

Lycan
19-05-2007, 09:28 PM

Thankyou =)

there are still changes to be made but i'm quite happy with the quick turn out and production of posts by our lovely members and the quite awesome looking theme

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks!

Right now it seems to be doing pretty good.

Luke and Catzsy aren't on atm they had to leave/be away for the opening

But hopefully the site will be a success

Lycan
19-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks!

Right now it seems to be doing pretty good.

Luke and Catzsy aren't on atm they had to leave/be away for the opening

But hopefully the site will be a success

Yes Sadly most of the staff were busy tonight but the forum ahs Kick started. just needs to continue at the same level

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 10:32 PM
I think that we are going to do pretty good.

Currently Active Users: 16 (11 members and 5 guests)

Threads: 42
Members: 22

I think thats pretty good.

Sygon..
19-05-2007, 11:08 PM
I didnt say habbo something random.
Eg compare names
Aflux.com sounds alot better than OpinionsFTW.com even though its random.

I dont know whats your problem really.

if you want an incentive, you can get 10 dollars if you can get the most people onto the forum...

Well that would be like every other forum on the internet, i plan to do something more interesting in this.

And with the comments on posts make posts, i absolutely agree.

In the morning i will do some stuff just i have been on late tonight and the launch was a suprise.

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Sygon wasn't even on during the launch, me and chris just got bored and decided to release. I think we did good for the short time we used

Lycan
19-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Sygon wasn't even on during the launch, me and chris just got bored and decided to release. I think we did good for the short time we used

not exactly true

a 4pm we thought we'd release at 8pm

then we released at 8:05pm

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Huh

Oh, It was 3PM for me :P

Lycan
20-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Huh

Oh, It was 3PM for me :P

haha, we went through this

you asked for a time conversion and i gave up and just told you 4 hours time

Dentafrice,
20-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah so?!

LOL!

But the forum seems to be doing pretty good for only being opened one day.

Hopeful it will stay at this pace.

font
20-05-2007, 07:11 AM
If you join now and post, it'll be active. If 5 people decide to join and post it looks better, then another, then another, untill it's busy! My point is, the more join, and post for a while, just to check it out, the more others will join, the more posts the more discussion the more fun. Then you'll hopefully stay :D

Lycan
20-05-2007, 10:33 AM
=) , i'd like to thank all thoose that signed up yesturday and thank thoose that will sign up today

the forum is already growing. several posts a minute

reindeer.
20-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I've joined, username: Paddy

I like your vb skin, proper fitt!

FlyingJesus
20-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Whilst I agree that this forum does so well because it's always so popular and (nearly always) so active, it's always nice to have an alternative. So yeah, joining now :) Hope it lasts.

xxMATTGxx
20-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I Join the forum :)

Sygon..
20-05-2007, 12:48 PM
As others have said, thanks for joining now i am working on some of the tasks and to get non web designers joining too, and people we dont know :)

Callum.
30-05-2007, 01:46 PM
has it died yet?

benjamin
30-05-2007, 01:54 PM
I forgot about this forum, lol..

*Logs on*

EDIT: Dying really, 1 post today, 9 posts yesterday, rest are before..

Dentafrice,
30-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Didn't work out to well. Too bad. At least it was fun a couple of days.

Cixso
30-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I also forgot about it too...

Yikes!

Jamesy
30-05-2007, 08:47 PM
trouble with forums is new ones need a lot of people on straight away or it just fades out. Almost like evoloution really... Survival of the fittest *is in mad scientist mode*

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!