PDA

View Full Version : My view on the situation

sierk
19-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello,

I think it is useful if I give my point of view on all the commotion that we have seen on this forum concerning ---MAD--- and some staff leaving. Maybe I should have done that before, but I am busy with work and don't have much time to read and post on the forum.

ABOUT THE COMPLAINTS

It all started with a thread by some of the forum staff together, where they complained about ---MAD--- . As far as I have seen there are in general three complaints about ---MAD--- .
1) He is arrogant and unfriendly towards others.
2) The forum staff are not involved in the running of the forum and feel they are run like a dictatorship.
3) He abuses his powers.

I have looked into 3). A few times ---MAD--- was accused of deleting a thread or changing something, but we have logs of all changes made on the forum. And after looking into it all the accusations turned out false. So this is clearly not true.
Number 2) is probably true, as we don't involve the forum staff into the decision making much. ---MAD--- always talks things over with 8Freak8 , Seacat and me, and we almost never ask an Assistant Forum Manager or Super Moderator for their opinion.
Although I think it works fine the way it is now, I also understand that it is nice for the moderators if any changes are first discussed with them also. This way they feel more involved and appreciated. We will try to do this from now on, also by having regular forum meetings with all forum staff to discuss anything related to the forum.
About 1) this is very hard to judge for me, as I never noticed that myself. Also I haven't received any concrete examples of for example ---MAD--- being rude in a PM to somebody on the forum.
But after talking to a few people it seems they feel ---MAD--- doesn't show much respect towards the staff working for them, or doesn't show that he appreciates them. I have discussed this with ---MAD--- , and allthough it is hard for us to understand the exact problem, he will do this best to be more friendly and appreciating to his staff. I think it is important that people give concrete examples to me or ---MAD--- then he can work on it to improve things.

ABOUT STAFF LEAVING

We have staff rules that say what is allowed and what not, mainly to prevent staff arguing among themself. One of the most important rules is that it is not allowed to complain about another staff member in a post. In stead, if you have a problem with something, you have to contact a Manager and discuss it with the Manager privately, so that he can do something about it.

Therefore the thread that started everything was not allowed, and removed by ---MAD--- . For some reason Catzsy found it then necessary to move the thread back, even though it seems she knew ---MAD--- , her manager, had removed it. This is clearly something we cannot accept from our staff, and after this it wouldn't be possible for ---MAD--- to work with Catzsy anymore, if she not only doesn't listen to him, but also goes against his actions. So after ---MAD--- , Seacat and me discussed this we desided we had to fire Catzsy. Note that we decided to not take action to the thread itself, which was also not allowed, but signed by a lot of forum staff.

The same day Dan announced that he quit, since he didn't agree with Catzsy being fired. However already the next day he told me that he regretted his decision, and wanted to stay on as Super Moderator. I told him that he had to ask ---MAD--- about that, and after ---MAD--- was ok with it, he was rehired. But when Seacat found out about this, he decided he didn't trust Dan anymore. He was worried that Dan might have come back to abuse his rights, as it was weird how he suddenly changed his mind, and also seems to be good friends with Catzsy. So Seacat decided to remove Dan . It is quite possible that Dan had no bad intentions when he came back, but Seacat just felt he didn't want to risk it in case Dan would abuse his powers and mess up the forum.

More recently the moderator Lµke was fired by ---MAD--- because he felt he couldn't trust him anymore, and that Lµke's attitude was just bad. Lµke had made it clear that he wanted ---MAD--- to leave, and that he might resign himself if ---MAD--- didn't.

WHAT NOW?

Basically I think it's important that we try to learn from the complaints, by getting forum staff more involved with making decisions about how the forum is run, and by ---MAD--- improving his attitude towards his staff.
I think that if Catzsy wants to return at some point, and we (the general management) feel she can still be trusted, in that for example she wouldn't abuse her powers and mess up the forum, she can come back as Super Moderator, as long as it is ok with the Forum Manager (whoever that is at that time).

Thanks

jackass
19-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Hello,

I think it is useful if I give my point of view on all the commotion that we have seen on this forum concerning ---MAD--- and some staff leaving. Maybe I should have done that before, but I am busy with work and don't have much time to read and post on the forum.

ABOUT THE COMPLAINTS

It all started with a thread by some of the forum staff together, where they complained about ---MAD--- . As far as I have seen there are in general three complaints about ---MAD--- .
2) The forum staff are not involved in the running of the forum and feel they are run like a dictatorship.
3) He abuses his powers.

I have looked into 3). A few times ---MAD--- was accused of deleting a thread or changing something, but we have logs of all changes made on the forum. And after looking into it all the accusations turned out false. So this is clearly not true.
Number 2) is probably true, as we don't involve the forum staff into the decision making much. ---MAD--- always talks things over with 8Freak8 , Seacat and me, and we almost never ask an Assistant Forum Manager or Super Moderator for their opinion.
Although I think it works fine the way it is now, I also understand that it is nice for the moderators if any changes are first discussed with them also. This way they feel more involved and appreciated. We will try to do this from now on, also by having regular forum meetings with all forum staff to discuss anything related to the forum.
About 1) this is very hard to judge for me, as I never noticed that myself. Also I haven't received any concrete examples of for example ---MAD--- being rude in a PM to somebody on the forum.
But after talking to a few people it seems they feel ---MAD--- doesn't show much respect towards the staff working for them, or doesn't show that he appreciates them. I have discussed this with ---MAD--- , and allthough it is hard for us to understand the exact problem, he will do this best to be more friendly and appreciating to his staff. I think it is important that people give concrete examples to me or ---MAD--- then he can work on it to improve things.

ABOUT STAFF LEAVING

We have staff rules that say what is allowed and what not, mainly to prevent staff arguing among themself. One of the most important rules is that it is not allowed to complain about another staff member in a post. In stead, if you have a problem with something, you have to contact a Manager and discuss it with the Manager privately, so that he can do something about it.

Therefore the thread that started everything was not allowed, and removed by ---MAD--- . For some reason Catzsy found it then necessary to move the thread back, even though it seems she knew ---MAD--- , her manager, had removed it. This is clearly something we cannot accept from our staff, and after this it wouldn't be possible for ---MAD--- to work with Catzsy anymore, if she not only doesn't listen to him, but also goes against his actions. So after ---MAD--- , Seacat and me discussed this we desided we had to fire Catzsy. Note that we decided to not take action to the thread itself, which was also not allowed, but signed by a lot of forum staff.

The same day Dan announced that he quit, since he didn't agree with Catzsy being fired. However already the next day he told me that he regretted his decision, and wanted to stay on as Super Moderator. I told him that he had to ask ---MAD--- about that, and after ---MAD--- was ok with it, he was rehired. But when Seacat found out about this, he decided he didn't trust Dan anymore. He was worried that Dan might have come back to abuse his rights, as it was weird how he suddenly changed his mind, and also seems to be good friends with Catzsy. So Seacat decided to remove Dan . It is quite possible that Dan had no bad intentions when he came back, but Seacat just felt he didn't want to risk it in case Dan would abuse his powers and mess up the forum.

More recently the moderator Lµke was fired by ---MAD--- because he felt he couldn't trust him anymore, and that Lµke's attitude was just bad. Lµke had made it clear that he wanted ---MAD--- to leave, and that he might resign himself if ---MAD--- didn't.

WHAT NOW?

Basically I think it's important that we try to learn from the complaints, by getting forum staff more involved with making decisions about how the forum is run, and by ---MAD--- improving his attitude towards his staff.
I think that if Catzsy wants to return at some point, and we (the general management) feel she can still be trusted, in that for example she wouldn't abuse her powers and mess up the forum, she can come back as Super Moderator, as long as it is ok with the Forum Manager (whoever that is at that time).

Thanks

Holy...
That is one heck of a post & has cleared many things up. The thing about Seacat & Dan was confusing, Dan would never do anything like that, hes not immature.
But nevertheless +REP for that excellent post. :)

Hazza
19-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Right, The only part I disagree with is firing Dan because you couldn't 'trust' him, When you never gave him a chance to come back, and do whatever. If he did abuse his powers then fair enough but you fired him without giving him a chance.

Thanks.

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Hello,

ABOUT THE COMPLAINTS

3) He abuses his powers.

ABOUT STAFF LEAVING

WHAT NOW?

Thanks
I think you should have done this before yes.

Thanks for pointing all this out I guess, maybe if staff was allowed to say what they feel about other staff by PM to an administrator none of this would have happened.

mat64
19-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Very pleased to see this post, It has cleared up many quires about what has happened and what is to happen. Once again, Thanks for the info :)

---MAD---
Great thread, I hope this will lead to a better understanding of this whole situation that has accord (nearly a week ago now).

brandon
Good on you for getting involved,

About Catzy returning, i think she is one of the most trusted and popular members of the forum and i dont think there is ANY chance of her abusing any power given to her. i think it would be a good action and a safe one to rehire her as a SMod.

i also think mad would be greatly supported in rehiring Catzy as a gesture of good will

mat64
19-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Great thread, I hope this will lead to a better understanding of this whole situation that has accord (nearly a week ago now).

Certainly has for me, and has changed my view on you. I also have to agree with Brandon on Catzsy.

---MAD---
19-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Right, The only part I disagree with is firing Dan because you couldn't 'trust' him, When you never gave him a chance to come back, and do whatever. If he did abuse his powers then fair enough but you fired him without giving him a chance.

Thanks.
I think it is vital that the forum team work together and trust each other. Being a super moderator, it is vital that all of management trust this member of staff because he or she have a lot of power to basically do a lot of damage. Even though we take daily back ups and not too much would be lost, it is still very annoying for members to have to repost things and loose any rep / vip that they might have bought since the time of the backup and the time of the smod abusing his / her powers. Its in the interest of the general public as well as management that the staff are all trusted and have no intensions of doing any damage. This is also one of the reasons it takes a long time for us (management) to pick and promote moderators to then become super moderators or even administrators.

Very pleased to see this post, It has cleared up many quires about what has happened and what is to happen. Once again, Thanks for the info :)
I am glad to see that this thread has helped you understand the whole situation, we have all learned from what has happened at Habbox (those that were involved) :).

Nixt
19-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Good on you for getting involved,

About Catzy returning, i think she is one of the most trusted and popular members of the forum and i dont think there is ANY chance of her abusing any power given to her. i think it would be a good action and a safe one to rehire her as a SMod.

i also think mad would be greatly supported in rehiring Catzy as a gesture of good will

I agree :). Catzsy did what she did as she felt it important the issue was addressed, it is good to see that this has now happened and our resignations and "signatures" in the thread in Moderators only have been notived and something has been done about it.

sierk
19-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I think you should have done this before yes.

Thanks for pointing all this out I guess, maybe if staff was allowed to say what they feel about other staff by PM to an administrator none of this would have happened.

I'm not sure what you mean, but this is allowed. The only thing not allowed is to complain in a post on the forum that others can see.

Ostinato
I think this thread will clear up a lot of peoples problems etc.

I personally tried not to get involved with the situation, as I simply didn't know the full extent of it. However, I understand why Dan was fired as the safety of the forum is obviously the main priority, and therefore seacat made the decision to fire him based upon that and nothing more.

---MAD---
I agree :). Catzsy did what she did as she felt it important the issue was addressed, it is good to see that this has now happened and our resignations and "signatures" in the thread in Moderators only have been notived and something has been done about it.
Off course we always strive to improve things whether it is public or behind the scenes. Obviously with a large number of people signing the thread (I even spoke to a few people personally), I began to understand what they were talking about :). It is not my intension to make enemies or try to be horrible to any one.

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, but this is allowed. The only thing not allowed is to complain in a post on the forum that others can see.
Then that clears that up.

An idea would be to make a forum like you used to have for complaints, that only specific people could see, you could not see any other peoples threads only yours. For staff to do such.

ownedpls
19-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Sierk

---MAD---
19-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Then that clears that up.

An idea would be to make a forum like you used to have for complaints, that only specific people could see, you could not see any other peoples threads only yours. For staff to do such.
Staff are asked to PM their manager or someone higher if they have a problem with a member of staff.

I made a post about this in another thread, I will try and find it and post the quote in this post. Hold on :).

Edit: Found it :):

If you have a complaint about a staff member you PM nvrspk4 about it. If you have a problem about an assistant manager, you PM the manager of that department. If you have a problem with the manager, you PM sierk or the GM (atm there isn't one so that doesnt apply atm). If you have a problem with the AGM you can PM sierk.

Usually though if its a manager or above, you should talk to them directly via PM and try to come to a conclusion, if that doesnt work, try someone hired than that person you have a problem with :).

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Staff are asked to PM their manager or someone higher if they have a problem with a member of staff.

I made a post about this in another thread, I will try and find it and post the quote in this post. Hold on :).
Na its fine, I got it.

No use to go through that thread :P

Anyways, I just want unbanned on my pride and joy account :(

Nice thread sierk, really clears things up, I finally got over what happened but alot of people really did seem concerned.

brandon
19-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Can Mad/Sierk please comment on the option of Rehiring Catzsy as a gesture of good will that everything is over, and has been forgotten about please?

Ostinato
19-05-2007, 04:28 PM

See, I think that's what the problem maybe was. It's not the fact that the guys spoke out of turn or anything, it's just the way in which they did so...

I'm glad that you say your taking the peoples comments on board and stuff though!:)

Let's hope the forum can get back to normal now! :P

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I just followed what I heard, and what I heard was MAD was being corrupt and blabla so I just followed along

Didn't know it would turn out in my being offensive.

Bomb-Head
19-05-2007, 04:39 PM
That thread has certainly cleared up a lot of confusion (for example the part about Catzsy and Dan being fired) for me, I'm sure it will for other too. :)

Barkseh2131
19-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Hello,

ABOUT THE COMPLAINTS

3) He abuses his powers.

ABOUT STAFF LEAVING

WHAT NOW?

Thanks

You didn't have logs of Baving abusing his powers yet you still fired him because he got acused and I'm still confused to why Catzsy, one of the best things to happen to habbox in a long time got removed form the moderator team for voicing her opinion.

Ashhizzle
19-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Mad,
I still hate you (L)

kl post.

Dentafrice,
19-05-2007, 04:43 PM
You didn't have logs of Baving abusing his powers yet you still fired him because he got acused and I'm still confused to why Catzsy one of the best things to happen to habbox in a long time got removedc formt he moderator team for voicing her opinion.
LOL! :P

Straight to the point eh? :P

today
19-05-2007, 05:11 PM
LOL! :P

Straight to the point eh? :P
only way you get a reply.

dannyisnotamazing
19-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Urgh do people have to quote the beginning post, especially when it's so god damn long. >.<

Anyway, I disagree with SeaCat removing Dan and I also disagree with you removing Luke for that matter as they had done nothing wrong.

You
19-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Nice thread. :) Oh and i also disagree with Seacat firing Dan.

DiscoPat
19-05-2007, 05:34 PM
All is cleard

Barkseh2131
19-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Urgh do people have to quote the beginning post, especially when it's so god damn long. >.<

Anyway, I disagree with SeaCat removing Dan and I also disagree with you removing Luke for that matter as they had done nothing wrong.

If I didn't quote it my comment could of been aimed at anyone which may mis-lead people.

Catzsy
19-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I have looked into 3). A few times ---MAD--- was accused of deleting a thread or changing something, but we have logs of all changes made on the forum. And after looking into it all the accusations turned out false. So this is clearly not true.[/B]

Well I this should be left to rest now but anybody can make a mistake.

I feel that is a great step forward for the staff however the previous 3 Fms before ---Mad--- were a lot more open and friendly to us. :D

The FM was not not called arrogant or rude and it was not as portrayed by some on here. It would be a great deal more open if you actually posted the thread here so people can judge for themselves but I understand there are reasons that you do not want to do that :) All you need to do is to look at the Moderator forums for examples of where he could have listened more etc.

ABOUT STAFF LEAVING

We have staff rules that say what is allowed and what not, mainly to prevent staff arguing among themself. One of the most important rules is that it is not allowed to complain about another staff member in a post. In stead, if you have a problem with something, you have to contact a Manager and discuss it with the Manager privately, so that he can do something about it.Yes, but no-one was replying to pms or listening.

Hey, I moved a thread back I broke the rules and paid for it. This has been already said by me and I am glad there are no other reasons as was intimated. It was the last resort because we had tried to get somewhere for months and even you agreed that you hadnt answered pms and as you say the thread was signed by a lot of forum staff.

This is probably the most upsetting part of the whole thing. Dan has served Habbox for years and has never done anything untoward. He missed his job and I told him not to resign in the first place. He has never abused his powers and just because he is a friend of mine doesn't mean either of us have
turned into subversive e-rebels. he was missing it almost immediately and I suggested he should apply for it back straightaway because I knew he would regret it. Nothing sinister or underhand I am very surprised that any of you who could think this. This is proving somebody guilty without a trial. If Seacat had thought that why didnt he have a word with Dan to ease his mind. Hey,I am friends with many of the habbox staff so surely the same would apply to them or am I to be treated as an outcast now?

WHAT NOW?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well I will leave it to you to you, your management, staff and the forum to decide whether or not I am that sort of person. I was stupid in moving the thread back but I have paid for my mistake. Now can Dan have his job back please? :D

Well I think you have made some very positive points point there and I am glad for the staff who hopefully will benefit from them. For that it was worth it.
Good luck to you all :D

Dan
19-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Clears alot of things up, but i never had any intentions to do anything bad to the forum. After working here for over 2 years i missed not actually being here, it may sound silly but i loved working with some of the people i did, some of them are the most friendly and fun people ive ever met and i consider them as sooper friends. Thats the reason i stayed at Habbox so long and wanted to continue doing so, i understand the reasons behind it all but after that amount of time and never having done anything like it in the past i felt it was quite unfair.

Catzsy
19-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Off course we always strive to improve things whether it is public or behind the scenes. Obviously with a large number of people signing the thread (I even spoke to a few people personally), I began to understand what they were talking about :). It is not my intension to make enemies or try to be horrible to any one.

It takes a big person to say this. +rep

Now can Dan have his job back please :D

Nixt
19-05-2007, 06:16 PM

Pretty please (:! Dan obviously has Habbox's best interests at heart and that is clear by the way he took a stand and made that thread. As said before perhaps there were better ways of handling it but Dan clearly would never abuse his powers so he deserves to be let back onto the team :]!

jackass
19-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Pretty please (:! Dan obviously has Habbox's best interests at heart and that is clear by the way he took a stand and made that thread. As said before perhaps there were better ways of handling it but Dan clearly would never abuse his powers so he deserves to be let back onto the team :]!

Pretty please with cherrys on top. :8
Dan always worked hard & as I said previously, he would never abuse his powers.

Axel
19-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't see how MAD is arrogant and unfriendly to others. I have to admit, I did jump on the abuse MAD bandwagon, and yet when I PMed about an issue I had with something on the forum, he gave a friendly and helpful response.

Mrs.McCall
19-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Firstly, I'd like to say that this thread should've been made a bit earlier but still it is very good. It is very easy for people to get upset and act irrationally without knowing the full details. There are two sides to every story.

I spoke out against ---MAD--- and how I felt and I have to admit I was wrong. He is a good manager and I think he has done good for the forum. I mean, look at the changes.

Suck up period over, I think that we can work on improving staff-mangement relations a little but I have to say it must be hard for
---MAD---. As Articles Manager I was never in the forefront of any controversy or any anger but jobs like Forum Manager and HxHD Manager make you central to it because they are the most major roles in Habbox. Therefore, it is easy to judge what you would do and how you would act but until you are in that situation, you cannot judge.

I hope this thread cleared a few things up and maybe put away some of the anger towards Habbox Management. I am sad to see good Smods go and I wish to one day see their return.

On the issue of 'trust' well that is a mixed one. Obviously, the moderator's problems with ---MAD--- had been brewing for sometime yet nobody had abused their powers. Therefore, I do not see why you can no longer 'trust' the MODs and SMODs to behave as they did previous. Afterall, their problem was with their manager, not with the forum.

That's my input. :)

Sly
19-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Tbh, when I PM mad about things he always replys in a helpful manner.

Mentor
19-05-2007, 06:51 PM
As weired as it feels to say this, id have to agree with alot of it. Ive always got on with mad myself, and have never had any problems with him, hes the kind of person whos pretty upfront with his opinions, which some people can find as being arrogant/unfriendly... although personaly is a charictertic i quite like, i prefer honesty over a pretence of likeling someone you dont.
Id aslo say mads not to good at putting on the pretence when he does do it though (from staff pressured id guess) so he comes of as just seeming slighty patroniseing from it.
But i could be totaly wrong there, thats just how i subjectively read the point.

The second issue, is one i think its an issue, but is in no way mads fault, its just the way habbox is run. I personaly prefer forums to allow alot of involvment by the community inhabbiting it, not just staff, but general members to. And habbox does at times do this, alot of ideas put forward in this section have been added. Which is a good thing. Although as far as i know habbox has always been run petty essentaly. I may be wrong, but way back a few years ago on habbox, this seemed less so, as there seemed to be number of high up staff all with alot of sway on things, so it was less centraly run. Now days it seems theres only 2 or 3 staff with any sway, and the rest are just there to inforce the aboves bidding. Again i could be totaly wrong, i speak only from my experence as a member here.

Anyway thats my 2 cents :)

GommeInc
19-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Interesting post and makes alot of sens So is Seacat fired? Because removing a member of staff through their own reason is incredibly bad, with no intention to discuss it with whoever re-hired them.

I always wondered what Catzy was fired for. Yes she was a good person to talk to, but keeping an argument going is a terrible attitude, especially when it goes against Staff Rules.

Has Dan been re-hired? Because it could be safe to re-hire him?

superstar911
19-05-2007, 07:26 PM
that certainly cleaned things up, the only one I really have any interest in is number 1 as he was slightly rude to the mod team thats why that thread was created.

However some of the things I said about ---MAD--- in posts was very rude and I had no right to say them, so im really sorry to ---MAD--- about them.

Jazza
19-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Explains a lot :)

Representative
19-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I am a current forum member however I will be using this account to get my opinions across as I'm sure I would be banned for them (I'm pretty sure they'll try and find out who this is and ban me anyway).

Hello,

ABOUT THE COMPLAINTS

3) He abuses his powers.

Well I'd certainly trust the logs but it would be foolish to avoid thinking the fact that MAD could change them if he really needed to.

All forum staff? I don't think so: I've aked forum staff and they haven't been asked their opinons. I think you mean 'mettings with forum moderation staff' whether this is an error or you were emelishing the truth remains to be seen but you're certainly loosing my confidence quickly.

I think you have explained the problem there but you have failed to do anything about it. MAD is clearly a control-freak and a little sit down between colleagues isn't going to do anything to solve that. The only real solution I can think of is keeping a real close eye on him, monitoring PMs and posts in all forums.

ABOUT STAFF LEAVING

MAD was their manager and I'm sure nothing would be done about it if they did contact him and the thread was clearly a democratic issue and not something one person could do alone although I'm sure the outcome would be the same.

As nearly everyone has seen the threwad in question now I think we can safely assume it was not rude in any way or directed as a personal insult to MAD. I think the fact that MAD moved the thread to 'Unacceptable Posts / Evidence' in the first place showed that he was power-hungry, he tried to stop people questioning his motives and Catzsy was clearly sick of this which is why (presumably) she moved it back, I'm also confident this is why Dan re-made the thread. I notice you didn't consult nvrspk4 about the issue which really shows something about how Habbox is run. No doubt the reason you didn't ask him is you knew or presumed he wouldn't agree with your decision.

As for Dan, Seacat was clearly wrong on this issue, Dan had been staff for countless years and there was no evidence to suggest he would do anything bad after returning. Seacat should definately be spoken to about this issue to avoid such prejudices in the future.

More recently the moderator L&#181;ke was fired by ---MAD--- because he felt he couldn't trust him anymore, and that L&#181;ke's attitude was just bad. L&#181;ke had made it clear that he wanted ---MAD--- to leave, and that he might resign himself if ---MAD--- didn't.

Its odd that you think L&#181;ke's attitude was bad especially in a thread specifically about the attitude and behaviour of a person in a great deal of power who you took no action against whatsoever. Before you start firing staff for voicing their opinions you should deal with the problem they are complaining about.

WHAT NOW?

There it is again; trust, many people have expressed their distrust of MAD and that is the one issue you haven't dealt with at all. The only untrustworthy person on the forum is MAD himself, he has been rude in the past although you conveniently couldn't find any proof of it.

Thanks

Think about it

Baving
19-05-2007, 08:34 PM
You didn't have logs of Baving abusing his powers yet you still fired him because he got acused

I know they didn't have anything to go by however I still got removed. I emailed Sierk a while ago about possibly returning, he discussed it with 8Freak8 and they agreed. Sierk then discussed it with MAD who said no (No idea why..), so I am awaiting Sierk to rediscuss it with MAD to get an opinion with the correct facts. I got removed about a year ago, I don't see any harm I have to cause.

Barkseh2131
19-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I know they didn't have anything to go by however I still got removed. I emailed Sierk a while ago about possibly returning, he discussed it with 8Freak8 and they agreed. Sierk then discussed it with MAD who said no (No idea why..), so I am awaiting Sierk to rediscuss it with MAD to get an opinion with the correct facts. I got removed about a year ago, I don't see any harm I have to cause.

It's Habbox's loss if you ask me :]

The Professor
19-05-2007, 09:10 PM
My original comment was going to be "Well, sierk seems to have had the last word on this" but after reading some posts its clear some things seem to have been ignored, such as the actions of Seacat being against policy. There are a couple of days left in this argument yet.

What I hope comes of all this is that Dan and Catszy are reinstated and the admins work more closely with staff and members. But I may be living on an extremely high cloud there.

We'll see.

DiscoPat
19-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Firstly, I'd like to say that this thread should've been made a bit earlier but still it is very good. It is very easy for people to get upset and act irrationally without knowing the full details. There are two sides to every story.

I spoke out against ---MAD--- and how I felt and I have to admit I was wrong. He is a good manager and I think he has done good for the forum. I mean, look at the changes.

Suck up period over, I think that we can work on improving staff-mangement relations a little but I have to say it must be hard for
---MAD---. As Articles Manager I was never in the forefront of any controversy or any anger but jobs like Forum Manager and HxHD Manager make you central to it because they are the most major roles in Habbox. Therefore, it is easy to judge what you would do and how you would act but until you are in that situation, you cannot judge.

I hope this thread cleared a few things up and maybe put away some of the anger towards Habbox Management. I am sad to see good Smods go and I wish to one day see their return.

On the issue of 'trust' well that is a mixed one. Obviously, the moderator's problems with ---MAD--- had been brewing for sometime yet nobody had abused their powers. Therefore, I do not see why you can no longer 'trust' the MODs and SMODs to behave as they did previous. Afterall, their problem was with their manager, not with the forum.

That's my input. :)

So obvious your a writer lol, :P

Hecktix
19-05-2007, 11:18 PM
This needed posting to be honest.
If ---MAD--- does act upon what is said I think it will be ok.

However I don't think Rosie will return, nor do I think she should, unless of course you think you should be slightly nicer and offer her AFM - Would compensate her.

I think that it's good that you have listened to the complaints made about MAD, however I think it is a little late. If you had looked into it the moment the thread was posted (dont say you were busy because you vist habbox daily, freak or nvrspk could have easily pointed it out) then this whole situation could have been avoided, and this poor publicity would never have happened.

Unfortunately, it did happen, and I think this is one step forward in apologising publically to the forum.

I think now we need a proper explanation from ---MAD---, as we've all heard Rosie's story. I would like to hear MAD's response to this thread, which is a little more in depth about the situation, and not just "this is a good post".

Ostinato
19-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Rofl at least we can all just get over it now... :rolleyes:

GommeInc
20-05-2007, 12:33 AM
I am a current forum member however I will be using this account to get my opinions across as I'm sure I would be banned for them (I'm pretty sure they'll try and find out who this is and ban me anyway).

Think about it
Your post is annoying to quote from, because you put it in a quote, but this part below is stupid:

As nearly everyone has seen the threwad in question now I think we can safely assume it was not rude in any way or directed as a personal insult to MAD.
You're just a member and so am I, we both do not know the rule for staff nor know what was in the thread.

I think the fact that MAD moved the thread to 'Unacceptable Posts / Evidence' in the first place showed that he was power-hungry, he tried to stop people questioning his motives and Catzsy was clearly sick of this which is why (presumably) she moved it back, I'm also confident this is why Dan re-made the thread.
As stated, the Staff rules say it is not allowed to add posts/threads that will cause bickering amongst members. Just because the posts/threads were directed at MAD, does not mean he cannot remove the thread because it is about him, he has to make sure the rules are enforced, and that is what he did "/

I notice you didn't consult nvrspk4 about the issue which really shows something about how Habbox is run. No doubt the reason you didn't ask him is you knew or presumed he wouldn't agree with your decision.
Sierk is Habbox Owner? And nvrspk4 job isn't strictly related to the issue? Sierk has control over all staff, thus he doesn't aexactly care about someone lower than him and their decision "/

Also, another thing, you do realise if they do hate your post, they could just search IPs and e-mail addresses etc which link you to another member?

le harry
20-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Cleared alot up.

Thanks Sierk & MAD.

---MAD---
20-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Interesting post and makes alot of sens So is Seacat fired? Because removing a member of staff through their own reason is incredibly bad, with no intention to discuss it with whoever re-hired them.

Seacat is not fired no, he spoke to me and then spoke to sierk about the whole situation regarding Dan. Seacat is also allowed to fire staff without consulting sierk about it as he is after all an Assistant General Manager of the forum, although usually he does speak to someone in management about making a move just to see what others think.

I hope that clears that bit up for you :).

MAD

sierk
20-05-2007, 08:35 AM

As stated numerous times, you cannot get banned for giving your opinion, only when you are rude or offensive towards another forum member.
When you are staff and you complain about somebody in a post you could get fired though, but not banned.

All forum staff? I don't think so: I've aked forum staff and they haven't been asked their opinons. I think you mean 'mettings with forum moderation staff' whether this is an error or you were emelishing the truth remains to be seen but you're certainly loosing my confidence quickly.

The forum staff consists of moderators, super moderators and forum managers, I'm not sure what you mean by moderation staff. Forum staff does not include Habbox staff members from other departments.

Btw it is spelt definitely not definately I think I'm gonna put this in my signature now.

TOEJAM
20-05-2007, 08:38 AM
sierk remove my ip ban !!!!!

le harry
20-05-2007, 08:43 AM
I only thought Seacat was the Assistant General Manager for the forum but not Habbox?

Nixt
20-05-2007, 08:44 AM
I only thought Seacat was the Assistant General Manager for the forum but not Habbox?

That is correct.

Hecktix
20-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Seacat is an Assistant General Manager of Habbox for the Forum.
So where he concentrates on directing his authority to the forum, freak will direct his to the site, nvrspk to the staff, and i'm not sure what MAD's domain is...

le harry
20-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks =]

Seacat
20-05-2007, 09:06 AM
I fired Dan after discussing it with ---MAD--- to get a second opinion. I fired him because in the past, when we have thought someone "may hack us" we've sometimes given them the benefit of the doubt; only for them to go on and cause damage. This time I took a different approach in the interests of the Forum.

I PMed Dan and his reply implied that he accepted why he had been removed. The removal of Dan was nothing personal towards Dan as I've not come across any problems with him; however, I felt that it was the best decision to take and if I was in the same situation again I would take that situation again.

Given the level of maturity and understanding on Dan's part I see no reason why, in the future, he can not re-join as a member of the Forum Moderation team. However at the moment I still think it's a bit early to be re-hiring people who have been fired in the last week or so.

I always wondered what Catzy was fired for. Yes she was a good person to talk to, but keeping an argument going is a terrible attitude, especially when it goes against Staff Rules.

Has Dan been re-hired? Because it could be safe to re-hire him?

The job title Assistant General Manager (Forum) covers all of Habbox sites; Habbox.com, habboxworld, habboxforum, habboxlive e.t.c but means that I concentrate on the Forum as that is the department that I've progressed through the ranks in. It doesn't mean that I have to stick to the Forum. Basically all AGMs are at the same rank and have the same amount of power, just the site in brackets after our names is our "area of expertees" if you like. (Just thought I'd clear that up).

I agree with most of sierk's posts - I've never seen ---MAD--- come across as arrogant - and I think that ---MAD--- does a great job of running the Forum as it is such a hard job due to the fact that you have all normal manager duties, such a large team to look after and then a whole community pointing the finger at you as soon as something happens.

I also agree we should involve staff more in incidents to do with the Forum. One of the things I spoke to Nvrspk4 about a few weeks ago was to involve staff (and users) more in decision making at Habbox in general.

And they're my views on the incidents.

TOEJAM
20-05-2007, 09:08 AM
remove my ip ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titch
20-05-2007, 07:44 PM
clears alot up, i didnt think mad had done anythink wrong, i will always support him and maby you should put in announcmnets so then every1 will read it and stop complaining ect.

PenguinFluid
21-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello,

ABOUT THE COMPLAINTS

3) He abuses his powers.

ABOUT STAFF LEAVING

WHAT NOW?

Thanks
Is that a hint lmao
+REP for clearning that up and now peaople can stat to love mad again :)

---MAD---
21-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Is that a hint lmao

The answer is no, he is just stating a fact :).

MAD

PenguinFluid
21-05-2007, 02:30 PM
The answer is no, he is just stating a fact :).

MAD
I know lol
:)
Jake

Tristan
21-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I just followed what I heard, and what I heard was MAD was being corrupt and blabla so I just followed along

Didn't know it would turn out in my being offensive.

Which seems to prove my remark about Chinese Whispers in the original thread about Catzsy.
Members shouldn't feel that they're standing for what's right as they don't have a clue about what happened - but oh no, they think they do so they know they do.

A4AOwen
25-05-2007, 05:03 PM
All I have to say is Lol.

dannyisnotamazing
25-05-2007, 05:06 PM
All I have to say is Lol.
You brought back a thread to say that? >.<

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!