PDA

View Full Version : Games Skin Thread.

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I have provided a sample of what could be used, i whipped it up quite quickly but do you think it would be a good idea to have a Games Skin? Aimed at people who use the "games" section of the forum like Warcraft, Runescape, & Other online/console games.

http://www.uploadz.co.uk/396games.png (http://www.uploadz.co.uk)

Also, debate for and against it. I think it should be similar to the Non-habbo one, yet directed at the Games section =]

DiscoPat
20-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Nope, and I told my reason on the other thread.

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Fair enough, but Mad & Sierk have elaborated how they need new skins etc. I could make banners, obviously that one above was rushed but if someone could make skins they have a possible job. i think Habbox should open applications tbh.

ownedpls
20-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeh I think that would be wicked :)

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeh I think that would be wicked :)

thought you would, considering you made the thread.

Axel
20-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I think it's a good idea, but not a super dark skin, I can't stand Non Habbo skin.

Mr.Sam
20-05-2007, 05:36 PM
It's basically the same colour scheme as the non habbo one - just use that.

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 05:37 PM
I just made it that colour because it's neutral. Obviously the banner would go with the skin. and nobodys saying it has to be used.

---MAD---
20-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Fair enough, but Mad & Sierk have elaborated how they need new skins etc. I could make banners, obviously that one above was rushed but if someone could make skins they have a possible job. i think Habbox should open applications tbh.
Applications for a skin designer have been opened for weeks now.

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Only problem is not that many people want to work for habbox because they get fired for nothing :rolleyes:

ownedpls
20-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Joshuar makes good skins tho, perhaps you could ask him unless some one else steps up, eh?

DiscoPat
20-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Only problem is not that many people want to work for habbox because they get fired for nothing :rolleyes:
You say that to the person whos gonna make the decission yet you want a runescape skin, not a smart move..

ownedpls
20-05-2007, 05:53 PM
He wants a gneral game one not runescape thats just included in it P

Breakfloor
20-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Add counterstrike on that banner and im all for it.

ownedpls
20-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Perhaps mixture of habbo-runescape-wow-counterstrike and all dif kind of games eh?

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 06:04 PM
You say that to the person whos gonna make the decission yet you want a runescape skin, not a smart move..

It doesnt bother me if it dooesnt happen. And besides hes said they are in the process of doing so. And if you READ you may notice it is a GAMES skin. DOnt click threads if you can't read them.;)

Earthquake
20-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I think we shouldn't have one, thats just like having a teen forum.. Habbo is a game so any skin is fine.

DiscoPat
20-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't remmember him saying they are in the process of making a games/runescape skin.

:Jamie
20-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Being a game skin it doesn't need "runescape" or "world of warcraft" logos in the banner..Just think of the other games that are used, also the console games that get discussed. If it doesnt have that but something else that is game related then im up for it. Also not keen on the dark skin type.

Sony.Com
20-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't think so. This is afterall a habbo forum.

Theres other forums for runescape and such other games.

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't remmember him saying they are in the process of making a games/runescape skin.

Atm we are trying to improve our current skins. This process (including making new skins) is very slow mainly because we don't have any skin designers that can make the skin and graphics for the skins.

I think it is fine to add more skins, as they are not in the way for people who don't want to use them. But like ---MAD--- said we don't really have time to make them ourself, we need a lot more help from others. And it seems very hard to find people who want to help out with making skins for us.

Making new skins, and this idea is for a new skin. Just don't bother posting if your going to cause trouble.

The Professor
20-05-2007, 08:38 PM

The runescape forum is an extremely active forum and a very close community, unlike the rest of the forum where 80% of the people you see you will have never heard of. The users have mostly/all been ex-habbo players and have taken the forum to heart, so why should they move on? If it is purely a habbo forum, why are there outside habbo/other games sections?

Since those sections are there and active, I think they should be catered for. Obviously not on the same scale as the habbo-playing community because this is, as you say, a habbo based forum.

I personally cant see a good reason against a runescape/other games skin, and any argument that you could apply to it could also be applied to the non-habbo skin, which has already been integrated. So if youre going to disapprove this, the non-habbo skin should also be taken off.

</ends>

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 08:42 PM
The runescape forum is an extremely active forum and a very close community, unlike the rest of the forum where 80% of the people you see you will have never heard of. The users have mostly/all been ex-habbo players and have taken the forum to heart, so why should they move on? If it is purely a habbo forum, why are there outside habbo/other games sections?

Since those sections are there and active, I think they should be catered for. Obviously not on the same scale as the habbo-playing community because this is, as you say, a habbo based forum.

I personally cant see a good reason against a runescape/other games skin, and any argument that you could apply to it could also be applied to the non-habbo skin, which has already been integrated. So if youre going to disapprove this, the non-habbo skin should also be taken off.

</ends>

exactly my point, however mad pm'ed me with a message along the lines as

"i dont think we will do a games skin after all this is a habbo fansite"

After all if we didnt come on it it wouldnt be popular :S

As you said the runescape section is a close community and us having our own skin would make it even more unique to Habbox.

Catzsy
20-05-2007, 08:54 PM

There is a big runescape section on this forum. Why not a games skin?

Nice to see a positive contribution, Kieeran. Keep up the good work =]

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 08:56 PM

cuz mad dont want one.

Catzsy
20-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Oh sorry didn't read that - I thought Sierk said it was okay. Well good effort, anyway :D

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Oh sorry didn't read that - I thought Sierk said it was okay. Well good effort, anyway :D

Sierk said it was a good idea, but mad thinks because this is a Habbo forum we dont need one

Well if its a habbo forum why make a games section fgs

today
20-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Applications for a skin designer have been opened for weeks now.
I often go to apply, i made one skin for habboxforum uk, why not another?

That what puts me off. :o

Being a game skin it doesn't need "runescape" or "world of warcraft" logos in the banner..Just think of the other games that are used, also the console games that get discussed. If it doesnt have that but something else that is game related then im up for it. Also not keen on the dark skin type.
Though if your saying that then we can just use consoles, but then thats "non habbo skin" The games skin is non habbo, hence the "NON habbo" thus that covers games too.

Instead of having one banner for the non habbo i think having rotated banners like the one posted in first page for the non habbo then it does both jobs. :]

ownedpls
20-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Ok you say this is a habbo fansite forum which it is then pls delete all other forums that are not to do with habbo then we shall see how many active users? This is generaly habbo fansite but loadsa ex habbo users use other forums and habbo current users do we all do just make one. I made no sense but still

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 09:37 PM

Though if your saying that then we can just use consoles, but then thats "non habbo skin" The games skin is non habbo, hence the "NON habbo" thus that covers games too.

Instead of having one banner for the non habbo i think having rotated banners like the one posted in first page for the non habbo then it does both jobs. :]

I agree with you. You mean like, various banners directed at each kind of category or changes randomly. I really like that idea. With all this feedback i think Higher management should take this into consideration and start taking in samples off people for one.

:Jamie
20-05-2007, 09:39 PM

I was referring to the banner he posted. Considering a games skin is more considered as a non-habbo skin..

Kieeran
20-05-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=355078

I think that thread also proves why Habbox needs more non-habbo skins.

Sony.Com
20-05-2007, 10:35 PM

Nice to see a positive contribution, Kieeran. Keep up the good work =]

Because the forum is primarley habbo.
Theres other forums out there if you want to talk about runescape.

le harry
21-05-2007, 06:56 AM
I don't mind, as long as they are up to scratch =]

Catzsy
21-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Because the forum is primarley habbo.
Theres other forums out there if you want to talk about runescape.

Well I think members are allowed to talk about Runescape on here as there is a Runescape secton aren't they? Not sure what your point is TBH.

Kieeran
21-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Well I think members are allowed to talk about Runescape on here as there is a Runescape secton aren't they? Not sure what your point is TBH.

yea if its a habbo why has habbox made other gaming sections? obviously to draw more users towards Habbox so why not make a skin?

GoldenMerc
21-05-2007, 08:43 AM
I do agree a Games skin would shut people up....

Kieeran
21-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I do agree a Games skin would shut people up....

What you implying? :P

:Hazel
21-05-2007, 11:46 AM
A few people in this thread are refering to this being a "habbo forum" but a hell of alot of people on here don't play anymore...

DiscoPat
21-05-2007, 12:39 PM
thought it was obvious..

The Professor
21-05-2007, 02:29 PM
thought it was obvious..

Unlike the subject of that post ;)

Axel
21-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Like only half the people on the forum actually play Habbo, so the arguement about it being a Habbo forum is stupid.

today
21-05-2007, 07:11 PM
A few people in this thread are refering to this being a "habbo forum" but a hell of alot of people on here don't play anymore...

Though its a habbo based fansite, even if the users are not habbo related its still based on HABBO and not a "Games forum".

Yes it contains games areas and people use them alot but the domain suggests its a habbo forum, now you'll moan the non habbo skin blah blah.

Non habbo skin was a choice to users who DONT use habbo, so if you DONT use habbo then you USE the Non-Habbo skin, there's NO reason to supply another NON habbo skin jsut for "console/games" as the NON habbo skin does that, (the banner also includes consoles!)

So the NON-Habbo skin does the job a "Games Skin" would do.

You'll disagree and try and find a away around my post, as always. Never happy.

Kieeran
22-05-2007, 11:17 AM
^ To your post, you have a good point and i dont disagree yet i dont agree. I just think some people are not satisfied with the current non-habbo one and personally i think the games section is mostly posted in. therefore make a better skin but involve other online games such as warcraft & rs.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!