PDA

View Full Version : [HxCL] Leagues & Tourneys

Pyroka
21-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Hey guys,

I was talking about this a week or so ago and I just want to update the status on it as I will be going ahead with it, sooner or later. Last night I was writing up plans on how the games could work, these plans mainly involved Gears of War & Halo 2. I'm currently in the position of writing up the league tables and maybe getting a website up in the future for the tourney/leagues.

The contests should last around a month as there will be quite a few games, but tourneys will probably be shorter. I've worked out that we're only having 24 players per league/tourney but this may change due to demand; I'm not lowering it, but raising it in the unlikely event of high demand. Before some of you ask, for Gears of War the teams will be of 4 (6 teams overall) and for the tourney, there will be arranged matches. Host advantage will be decided through a simple system of addition and subtraction of rounds.

Halo 2 will involve Team Slayer & Slayer, 24 players per game also. There will be only 12 people per game for Slayer but this will probably be a league only, as it will be hard to arrange a tourney for this unless we do Team Slayer. The rules for both games will be given nearer to the event.

The possibility of this happening soon is likely and I'll need to know your gamertags if you wish to participate in either/both of the games. If you can, just PM me and I'll see how many names I get and for which games you want to play; Halo 2 or Gears of War. There will probably be no prizes for now, although I may try to sort something out with points rewards for different tourneys. These will be small prizes but free nonetheless, all at the expense of my wallet. :P

I hope all of you are able to participate in the near future, and I can honestly say that the tourney will be around the June/July period, when everyone is out of school. I personally have exams till the 15th June so after that, it will be very possible.

Thanks for reading this guys, and I look forward to playing either games with you in the future. Do not hesitate to contact me further on getting involved with the planning of this event as I probably will need help. This may mean that I'll have team captains working with me for games, moderators if you may, to give me the results & will give me the chance to update a league table.

Cheers!
Ryan
Gamertag: Extreme Entity

Azul
21-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Brilliant, sounds great. I'm well up for a Gears tourney.

Think you know my gamertag by now!

Neil
21-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd do that but I don't like GoW and I can't get the new Halo 2 maps =[

Pyroka
21-05-2007, 05:59 PM
The new Halo maps wouldn't be used, I'm going to make this purely original maps only due to reasons as stated by you. :) This is the same case for Gears of War, unless of course every person has the Old Bones/Raven Down maps but it'll likely be the same case, as the original maps. I'm going to post up a little league table of how it will be done soon, just give me an hour or so. :)

Neil
21-05-2007, 06:02 PM
The new Halo maps wouldn't be used, I'm going to make this purely original maps only due to reasons as stated by you. :) This is the same case for Gears of War, unless of course every person has the Old Bones/Raven Down maps but it'll likely be the same case, as the original maps. I'm going to post up a little league table of how it will be done soon, just give me an hour or so. :)

If it's original maps (I have downloaded ones but the ones from map pack) then I will, custom parties work don't they?

Ed.
21-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Sounds great i would join in if i had halo 2!

Pyroka
21-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Alright here's the league table for the moment, I may change it but either way this is how it should look:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8164/leaguetablepc9.png

The league & tourney for Halo 2 will be made soon, but for now this is all you're having a look at. I think I may scrap the idea of a Gears tourney as well, by the looks of it it'll last about a week.. Which is crap. :P Hope you like it.

Aflux
21-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I have exams right up until the 25th June, I think.

I'd join in for sure :)

Pyroka
21-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Alright guys, since a few people are interested can you please just note down your name in this thread saying:

Gamertag:
Game(s) to play: Halo 2/Gears League or Halo 2 Tourney
Dates available:

Much appreciated if you did that, it'd clear up what I need which is 24 willing players. :)

Aflux
21-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Gamertag: ixg
Game(s) to play: Halo 2/Gears League or Halo 2 Tourney :) [either of these]
Dates available: 25th June and beyond :)

Neil
21-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Gamertag: xTenebrous
Game(s) to play: Halo 2
Dates available: Any day just not anytime :P

Agent 47
21-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Gamertag: xX Lee
Game: Halo 2
Available: anytime ;)

Azul
21-05-2007, 08:01 PM
SILENT THUND3R - Gears of War
available: most week days after 6pm

Bear-Max
22-05-2007, 04:18 PM
I'll play Gears of War, gamertag is "BennyBox".

Johno
22-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Gamertag: Vistal
Game(s) to play: Gears League or Halo 2 Tourney (Maybe not Halo 2)
Dates available: Whenever xD

Pyroka
22-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Alright so far for Gears League we have: Vistal, Extreme Entity, BennyBox, SILENT THUND3R, ixg (5/24).

Halo 2 Tourney/League: xX Lee, xTenebrous, ixg, Vistal, Extreme Entity (5/24).

So far it seems like this could go bad if it's just HabboxForum as there's little people interested. If I made sigs to use for advertising, would anyone use them? If so, I'll dish some up soon otherwise I may have to ask others from Habbo Hotel. :) I'd seriously appreciate it if a MOD could stick this thread so I can keep track of all players & so others can submit in without having to search? It'd be such a great thing to do for the cause of a little fun. <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!