PDA

View Full Version : For the British Xbox Live (3600 Players!

Recursion
21-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Hello,

Do the rest of you brits out there get laughed at and taken the micky out of over xbox live by the americans?

Like we are all posh s**** or something like Mary Poppins. Then we have to go back and say
"f*** you fatties."

Me and my mates get this but I wouldn't consider my self posh :|

Sly
21-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Not really no.

Agent 47
21-05-2007, 02:26 PM
no?

americans really seem to like me for some reason.

Energizer
21-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Not really.

Recursion
21-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I find it especially on GoW :|

Grindie
21-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah sometimes, mostly on GoW x]

Azul
21-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah me and my mates always get abused, we give a fair share back too though.

poll
21-05-2007, 03:46 PM
always get grief from americans specially as im a londonner and i seem to get alot of abuse from notherners as well but seem to give it back quiet well or 1 on 1 and embarass them seems to work :]

Nick-
21-05-2007, 04:00 PM
One of the main reasons i stopped playing Gears, got so sick of using the same insults back :rolleyes:

Also ^^ part of the reason why i just stopped playing online altogether, now and then you get these lame people who are so adamant that they are better than you when clearly they just suck at it :)

Dentafrice♥
21-05-2007, 04:03 PM
no, sorry

You
21-05-2007, 04:16 PM
no, sorry
Do you even have Xbox live?

Josh-H
21-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Only time I've ever been abused on live was on the battlefield modern combat 2 demo... I kinda deserved it. Some noob accidentally shot me (They said it was accidental :rolleyes: so I killed them back this resulted in abuse/

Sunny.
21-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Urm, not much on fifa as i get along with everyone i play, but on GoW i get alot and they live on it too :rolleyes:

kano
21-05-2007, 10:44 PM
yeah i get it also, everyone does. i think it because americans are afraid of us since us brits are the best nation on this god for saken planet.
we had a MASSIVE empire and what did the americans have...nothing

ok way off topic there anway yeah it gets annoying just call them names and it soon shuts them up

BL!NKEY
21-05-2007, 11:38 PM
yeah i get it also, everyone does. i think it because americans are afraid of us since us brits are the best nation on this god for saken planet.

Lol America beat England in the Revolutionary war and that is why we are our own country.

It is not like we want to be like you. We don't have King or Queen.

Anyways. Do americans have an accent?
I have always wanted a British person or like Australian to try to inmate an American accent.

GommeInc
22-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Urrrgh, country stereotypes.

Britain as a country is very sucky. Immigration, high-unemployment, terrible helath service, youth issues etc etc

America has the silly gun policy and is hated by other countries for pretending to be big. There is probably more, but that's it. The seem to like stealing our actors too.

Also, BL!NKEY, all countrys have accents. The UK has hundreds:

ESSEX
London
Manchester
Wales
Northern/Yorkshire
Scotland

The most associated American accent is kinda squeeky and badly pronounced English, although that depends on how you prefer english words to be pronounced. Ending on a high note at the end of a sentence is quite annoying.

GoldenMerc
22-05-2007, 08:26 AM
On
Halo2

:Hazel
22-05-2007, 08:57 AM
nah i never play them :P

Johno
22-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Sometimes.

Its normally them taking the mick out of my voice (Scottish) and them just simply trying to replicate it.

It seems to be worse when my mates are at my house because its a firefight of shouting at each other over live :P

You
22-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Britain as a country is very sucky. Immigration, high-unemployment, terrible helath service, youth issues etc etc

America has the silly gun policy and is hated by other countries for pretending to be big. There is probably more, but that's it. The seem to like stealing our actors too.

ESSEX
London
Manchester
Wales
Northern/Yorkshire
Scotland

The most associated American accent is kinda squeeky and badly pronounced English, although that depends on how you prefer english words to be pronounced. Ending on a high note at the end of a sentence is quite annoying.
i wouldn't say terrible health service..

mnbvjifhgtge
23-05-2007, 11:22 AM

ESSEX
London
Manchester
Wales
Northern/Yorkshire
Scotland

The UK does NOT have high unemployment, on a whole our unemployment is fairly low in most areas besides teaching but who really wants a job as a teacher when youll have chavs trying to murder you.

poll
23-05-2007, 11:34 AM

ESSEX
London
Manchester
Wales
Northern/Yorkshire
Scotland

are you hinting something because essex is in caps and the rest arent i live in essex i dnt have a common accent theres a exception of some people but you get it everywhere so dnt post sarcy comments please.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!