PDA

View Full Version : New Idea

Oni
23-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I thought id explain it with images, would it work?
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9184/ideapd6.png (http://imageshack.us)

Mr.OSH
23-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Thats a very good idea, but you would need allot of people interested in creating animations and images for the "broadcast" and if you expected allot of people watching or it got big enough to become successful a good web server would probably be required, it really depends on how much you got off people clicking on ads and how many people clicked on them. You need to consider whether or not it would bring a sufficient amount of profit back in to keep the system going and make it worth while for you and the people who submitted the images and animations. It could work but you need to think about it carefully, and need to determine what level of interest people have in it.

Oni
23-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Its going ahead. I asked a few flash animators if they would be interested and they all said yes. In the end if it fails all I lose is the money payed for the domain. If anyone wishes to help or has any ideas post below or pm me.

I created a quick promo page.
http://www.simplytech.info/promo%20page.html

Im also needing names, +rep for all replies.

Invent
23-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I like the idea, but it will cost a lot more than you're thinking I'm sure o-o

And it will also be a lot harder to code than you seem to think.

VPSwow
23-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Seems a great idea, but wether it will work or not is another matter.

Good luck.

Oni
23-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I like the idea, but it will cost a lot more than you're thinking I'm sure o-o

And it will also be a lot harder to code than you seem to think.
You dont know actionscript. I have a healthy budget available and it shouldnt need to really be touch seeing as I can code it all myself.

Swinkid
23-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Humm so this wouldbe like winamp / shoutcast TV?? (go on winamp then click winamp tv) sorta??

Luckyrare
23-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I love the idea but how are you streaming: Shoutcast, playlist or other?

Swinkid
23-05-2007, 06:56 PM
probley would be good to do playlist or shoutcase

Dentafrice,
23-05-2007, 07:16 PM
From my expierence, I cannot see the image anyway so I am not sure the idea (at school)

Shoutcast/Shoutcast TV burns through your server bandwith and speed.

So you would best be getting a seperate server if you were going to do that, or a really good duel core one if your going to be on the same server.

Tomm
23-05-2007, 07:16 PM
You can't ask people to click your ads with Google Ads, it will get your account suspended.

Dentafrice,
23-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Not many people click google ads do they?

Usually they are unhelpful.

Tomm
23-05-2007, 07:21 PM
True.

The ads above for me are advertising a tax handbook and something else related to caluclating tax. Now I don't see much use in that, do you?

Not many people click google ads do they?

Usually they are unhelpful.

Dentafrice,
23-05-2007, 07:22 PM
True.

The ads above for me are advertising a tax handbook and something else related to caluclating tax. Now I don't see much use in that, do you?
I know right.

If they were actually helpful that would be a different story.

Oni
23-05-2007, 07:32 PM
You can't ask people to click your ads with Google Ads, it will get your account suspended.
I know google ads was an example.

It would be directly streamed but it will seem that way as it will use a flash clock which tells it how many seconds into the program it should be.

Dentafrice,
23-05-2007, 07:33 PM
You shouldn't use google or any kind of professional ads.

Maybe business from hosting or web design services from around these parts :P

Luckyrare
23-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Why have adverts in the shows? You could charge people for other "channels" for other rates.

Oni
23-05-2007, 07:37 PM
You shouldn't use google or any kind of professional ads.

Maybe business from hosting or web design services from around these parts :P
I did think of that,hmmm I probably will, and paying for a channel would be rubbish who would pay for it?

Dentafrice,
23-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Could you upload that image to need2upload or somewhere else.

Cant see it here :P

Oni
23-05-2007, 07:44 PM
http://www.****************/uploads/8e8d404d53.png (http://www.****************)
Not very exciting. I will be having capability to download the most popular videos onto mobiles in mobile video format as flash can convert too .3gp.

ScottDiamond
23-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Why don't they go to YouTube where there is a wider selection of Animations, or go to FunnyFlash where there is a wider selection. I really do not see this going far, but good luck anyway. The key to success if do your best.

Oni
23-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Why don't they go to YouTube where there is a wider selection of Animations, or go to FunnyFlash where there is a wider selection. I really do not see this going far, but good luck anyway. The key to success if do your best.
Youtube offers no incentive at the current time for good videos. I understand what you mean but this is aimed at more professional videos opposed to those on youtube.

Mr.OSH
23-05-2007, 09:16 PM

That would be why he would look to develop the project with properties YouTube does not support. Obviously at first it would be small, like anything at first, but with allot of work, you never know. It could work well, it just depends how it is conducted.

Oni
23-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Its kind of like saying, why go to a webdesign forum when there are plenty of normal forums that include webdesign.

ScottDiamond
23-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Its kind of like saying, why go to a webdesign forum when there are plenty of normal forums that include webdesign.

No, it's 100% different. I've seen millions of Flash Animations on YouTube, and what features do you plan to build within your coding capabilities?

This is like everything else, never gets anywhere. Only successful thing I have seen here is Dentafrice's forum and Dan's DJ Panel.

Mr.OSH
23-05-2007, 09:29 PM
No, it's 100% different. I've seen millions of Flash Animations on YouTube, and what features do you plan to build within your coding capabilities?

This is like everything else, never gets anywhere. Only successful thing I have seen here is Dentafrice's forum and Dan's DJ Panel.

Being honest, will sitting there going "Nothing will work so lets not try" help you get anywhere? No. If you work at something hard enough, and concentrate on it fully using ideas that are not already used and conduct the project well, in time things can become successful. Allot of things don't work on this forum because people give up if they do not work in 2 seconds. You have to develop things slowly so they can sustained and built on in the future. At the end of the day, what you put into something, is what you get out of it.

Invent
23-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I think this will be a difficult project for Ozzie but I have faith with him.

I think he will be able to pull of a BETA system, but if he does manage to release the site there won't be anything extra to offer, but no offence. Like most people on this forum his coding skills are limited and he can't really expand the site once it's popular.

Sam
23-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Im not sure, if he can build a basic system and the site starts to get popular, hopefully he will get some income to pay a professional coder?

As for the ads.. Why not get people to submit their own for a SMALL price. Then just put them inbetween shows.

redtom
23-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't really think it would be very popular, mainly because you have yourtube what you can watch anytime and the TV for other stuff, flash designers anrt really known out side of the flash community same with most computer people, the only person with computer who I can think of from the top of my head is bill gates, so people wouldn't come to see it just because of who made it like with films, to be honest I think it would be better letting people view it anytime, but then you have yourtube to compete with whats not a great thing.

Also you have sky what is starting to offer the same service but with proper TV channels

It's a great idea in theroy but it just has to much to compete with and may other sites offer anytime viewing

Oni
24-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Flash coding is what I do so thats not a problem, as for this youtube theory I see what you mean but this if for professional videos like the high end ones on newgrounds but obviously different ones. Youtube highly downgrades quality of animations and people hardly ever post proper animations on it.

Mr.OSH
24-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Im not sure, if he can build a basic system and the site starts to get popular, hopefully he will get some income to pay a professional coder?

As for the ads.. Why not get people to submit their own for a SMALL price. Then just put them inbetween shows.

Yes but would these adverts bring in enough funds in order to pay for a decent server, a professional coder and make all the hassle worth while? You have to look to the future and think, "How much do I need to charge per advert so that the site can function?". Money could be an issue if the project expands but I still think its a great idea and Ozzie is up to the challenge. :)

LeftForDead
24-05-2007, 07:42 AM
I would probs advertise on the site inbetween ads, if u had that and i would pay u.

Also where are you getting hosting from?

Tomm
24-05-2007, 08:30 AM
There would be a major problem with bandwidth.

Lets say you stream at 800kbps
800/8 = 100KBps
Lets say the show was 10 mins
600*10 = 6000
100*6000 = 600,000 or 600MB
And lets say 25 people watch..
600*25 = 15000 or 15GB

Oni
24-05-2007, 03:17 PM
There would be a major problem with bandwidth.

Lets say you stream at 800kbps
800/8 = 100KBps
Lets say the show was 10 mins
600*10 = 6000
100*6000 = 600,000 or 600MB
And lets say 25 people watch..
600*25 = 15000 or 15GB
As stated earlier its not streaming

Dentafrice,
24-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I think you could pull this off.

If you can get a BETA and people see that it could go somewhere then it most likely will.

This is a pretty awesome idea, i think it will go far.

Best luck to you mate. :)

Caleb

:Edzy
24-05-2007, 07:20 PM
isnt it like streaming the best bits of youtube?

Oni
24-05-2007, 07:40 PM
isnt it like streaming the best bits of youtube?
NOT STREAMING!!!. Nothing to do with youtube either. Do you think there should be say 10 programs which change every day to keep people coming back or like actual tv?

Dentafrice,
24-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Actual TV.

There should be more then one channel to. Everything possible to suit people.

Everyone has a taste in different things and thats how YT made it.

You should also alow users to submit videos and admins approve etc.

Not like youtube though,

Oni
24-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Actual TV.

There should be more then one channel to. Everything possible to suit people.

Everyone has a taste in different things and thats how YT made it.

You should also alow users to submit videos and admins approve etc.

Not like youtube though,
Ok 1 channel for the first month then Ill try and add one a month till I reach 5. Yeh it will be submitting videos but only really good ones will be accepted.

24-05-2007, 07:44 PM
kaiz i'm confused

will it be like a sky channel when u say "real tv"

Dentafrice,
24-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Also, maybe after it gets popular introduce a VIP feature to get adult channels :)

Haha just joking about the last one.

But it needs to be able to go full screen without getting all blury as that drives people crazy and makees them not want to come back.

24-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Also, maybe after it gets popular introduce a VIP feature to get adult channels :)

Haha just joking about the last one.

But it needs to be able to go full screen without getting all blury as that drives people crazy and makees them not want to come back.

omg so agree :P no on the last bit duh..

tell me when u start to do stuff on it, it will be intresting

Oni
24-05-2007, 09:07 PM
http://www.simplytech.info/TV.htm
VirtuaTV is a working title. This is just a little demo.
In the real thing there will be:

Improved graphics
Working guide
Working countdowns
Feature length programs.

timROGERS
24-05-2007, 09:11 PM
You say that it's not streaming, but it will still use bandwidth. If you download or use a file from a web server, then it uses up the bandwidth. So if someone watches a video, it will add the size of that video to your used bandwidth.

Oni
24-05-2007, 09:13 PM
You say that it's not streaming, but it will still use bandwidth. If you download or use a file from a web server, then it uses up the bandwidth. So if someone watches a video, it will add the size of that video to your used bandwidth.
Flash files use up virtually no BW. You see the flash file in my last post, thats 10.1 KB actionscript and all so it will need to be viewed 100 times to make even 1 mb BW

Invent
24-05-2007, 09:15 PM
If you have high quality video's on there it will take up lots of bandwidth, Flash isn't a great compressor o-o

Oni
24-05-2007, 09:16 PM
If you have high quality video's on there it will take up lots of bandwidth, Flash isn't a great compressor o-o
And you know this, how? Most things on there will be cartoons violent and non violent so will have originated as flash files and will be incredibly small.

Invent
24-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Will they be actual flash animations or real life videos?

If they are just animations I have misunderstood you.

Oni
24-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Will they be actual flash animations or real life videos?

If they are just animations I have missunderstood you.
Both mainly animations.

Ini
24-05-2007, 09:44 PM
You could have like diffrent channels?

So to speak like normal tv, where you could watch sports, cartoons, real life programs?

Could be comlicated but just an idea.

EDIT: i would like to help on this project, getting films, TV programs etc.

Any chance of this?

I can also convert them to flash format if needed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!