View Full Version : seeing hadouken! live

hadouken!
24-05-2007, 06:53 PM
manchester academy 2

i got spare ticket if anyone wants to buy. theyre sold out

13th june

mangle
24-05-2007, 06:54 PM
women i work with on work exp knows alice in hadouken (Y)

Tash.
24-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Agh damn I really want to see them, except they're coming nowhere near where I am.. infact I think the nearest is Castleford. I aren't even sure where that is :(

samsaBEAR
24-05-2007, 08:02 PM
me+ma gf were gonna go see them in london, but they sold out the day we saw the advert :[

Grindie
25-05-2007, 07:27 PM
they're rubbish live, honest

I seen them back in december before all this hype came around them

I hate people who get the hype of bands too late :]

hadouken!
25-05-2007, 09:15 PM
naw, i saw then decembver too and they werent bad. well yeah they were **** but the atmosphere was amazing.

Kyle.tk
26-05-2007, 01:13 PM
they're rubbish live, honest

I seen them back in december before all this hype came around them

I hate people who get the hype of bands too late :]

and i hate people who think they're proper good because they 'heard a band before everyone else'

samsaBEAR
26-05-2007, 02:27 PM
^agreed
although i do like knowing about bands before people and saying to them 'they'll be big' or something along those lines

hadouken!
26-05-2007, 06:12 PM
and i hate people who think they're proper good because they 'heard a band before everyone else'

I third thatt!

the only thing that annoyes me is when a band gets big when youve already loved them and now you hate them.

eg. hellogoodbye, loved in 2004, now they ruined it for me.

samsaBEAR
26-05-2007, 07:16 PM
yeh, i agree with hellogoodbye, i dont hate them, they've just gotten very mainstream, and what i liked about them was that they prouduced awesome music,w hile staying out of the mianstream.
also with the pink spiders, amy told me about them on october time, but i just saw an advert in kerrang under 'incoming'. i thought that bit was about new bands, theres nothing new about them, they've just broken into the mainstream.
when a band goes mainstream, you cant help but feel a little bit of love lost for them.

English
27-05-2007, 10:43 AM
yeh, i agree with hellogoodbye, i dont hate them, they've just gotten very mainstream, and what i liked about them was that they prouduced awesome music,w hile staying out of the mianstream.
also with the pink spiders, amy told me about them on october time, but i just saw an advert in kerrang under 'incoming'. i thought that bit was about new bands, theres nothing new about them, they've just broken into the mainstream.
when a band goes mainstream, you cant help but feel a little bit of love lost for them.
I fail to see this logic. If a band goes mainstream then they can continue to create awesome music. So what if they go mainstream? By going mainstream they actually get more money and can tour(so YOU can go and watch them more often) and they can release albums quicker as they are financially sorted. And in reply to your comment of "when a band goes mainstream, you can't help but feel a little bit of love lost for them." Well that's rubbish. Oh no I can't be the only one that listens to them!!!!! That's a really stupid comment to make. When a band goes mainstream you get more people who like them so you can talk to more people about them.

Seren
27-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I fail to see this logic. If a band goes mainstream then they can continue to create awesome music. So what if they go mainstream? By going mainstream they actually get more money and can tour(so YOU can go and watch them more often) and they can release albums quicker as they are financially sorted. And in reply to your comment of "when a band goes mainstream, you can't help but feel a little bit of love lost for them." Well that's rubbish. Oh no I can't be the only one that listens to them!!!!! That's a really stupid comment to make. When a band goes mainstream you get more people who like them so you can talk to more people about them.

I understand what you're saying Craig but when a band goes mainstream, yes, they do get money to tour so we can see them live but most popular bands only play big venues which cost more and also get sold out alot faster 'cause of all their mainstream fans.

Ed.
27-05-2007, 11:01 AM
i wanna see em!!

YoManGo!
27-05-2007, 02:27 PM

In essence that's true - but in my two favorite genres, those being rap and punk, "going mainstream" can seriously affect a band. When rap is still "underground" we get incredible albums such as (to use Public Enemy as an example) Fear of a Black Planet and It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Down, both of which are two of the greatest albums I have ever heard. Step forward a few years and PE re-emerge with a bigger budget and the lackluster He Got Game album. Here we see them replace the angry, intelligent and just downright awesome socio-political songs of their earlier work with songs about basketball. Wahey! This happens in punk too, once you're in the mainstream you have to play by the mainstream's rules - which more often than nothas a bad effect on the music the band plays.

Mortalized
27-05-2007, 03:14 PM
hadouken is a street fighter move lol

hadouken!
28-05-2007, 06:52 PM
yeah its amazing. but people steal all bands off me, then they get famous, then i get called a mainstream follower.

eg, hellogoodbye, and funnily enough, hadouken.

Kyle.tk
29-05-2007, 09:52 AM
yeah its amazing. but people steal all bands off me, then they get famous, then i get called a mainstream follower.

eg, hellogoodbye, and funnily enough, hadouken.

but to be fair hellogoodbye have been huge for ages, since about 2004/5 ish.
They just never really hit it big in the UK until here in your arms was released and all the noobs were like 'OMGZZ ITS A WELL GUD NEW VIDEO' when its been out for agezz. The same has happened with loadsa bands recently. Enter Shikari for me is the biggest example I can give, and people even make up that they've known about them for ages to pretend they've known them for a while.. THAT DOES MY HEAD RIGHT IN!

I HEARD ABOUT ENTER SHIKARI IN 1998 BEFORE DEY EVEN STARTED DA BAND COS I WENT UPTO ROU AND WAS LIKE HEY U GUNNA START A BAND! YE MAN I AM CALLED ENTER SHIKARISZ! WOW I'LL LISTEN TO DAT I SED SO I HERD DEM B4 U!

News-Reporter
29-05-2007, 09:56 AM
omg hadouken! i heard them back in 03 ur well behind i now hate them because all the grebs r listening 2 em lol

Tash.
29-05-2007, 10:00 AM
but to be fair hellogoodbye have been huge for ages, since about 2004/5 ish.
They just never really hit it big in the UK until here in your arms was released and all the noobs were like 'OMGZZ ITS A WELL GUD NEW VIDEO' when its been out for agezz. The same has happened with loadsa bands recently. Enter Shikari for me is the biggest example I can give, and people even make up that they've known about them for ages to pretend they've known them for a while.. THAT DOES MY HEAD RIGHT IN!

I HEARD ABOUT ENTER SHIKARI IN 1998 BEFORE DEY EVEN STARTED DA BAND COS I WENT UPTO ROU AND WAS LIKE HEY U GUNNA START A BAND! YE MAN I AM CALLED ENTER SHIKARISZ! WOW I'LL LISTEN TO DAT I SED SO I HERD DEM B4 U!

That I can relate to, I love the band just not the majority of the fans.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!