PDA

View Full Version : What tutorials would u like to see?

Mentor
25-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey, im planning to write a few more tutorials but im unsure what exactly on. I want to write tutorials which arnt to common and people haven't been able to find to easily. Im usually best with coding type stuff js/php etc but if you have a good idea i will probably do other ones.

My ideas so far are:
Ajax form handling - how to validate forms/passwords/ and submit via ajax etc.
Object Oriented Ph- a tutorial on how to reap the massive benefits of useing OOP styled programming in your php scripts.

Any ideas appreciated :)

Blob
25-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Visual Basic in Microsoft Office :D

Edit:

Like how to go to the next slide when you type something in a text box

I mean like, unless they are really good, how the hell are we supposed to know its

SlideShowWindows(1).View.Next

Why cant it be

Slide5.Show

Like it is in vB 2005 :D

Mentor
25-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Visual Basic in Microsoft Office :D

Edit:

Like how to go to the next slide when you type something in a text box

I mean like, unless they are really good, how the hell are we supposed to know its

SlideShowWindows(1).View.Next

Why cant it be

Slide5.Show

Like it is in vB 2005 :D
Which office version? Plus wich program in it, im guessing powerpoint, which in fact ive never actually poked the macro tools in before, o.0

Judging by the above im guessing it must support miltiple displays windows which are picked from an array and then reacives its methods from o.0, aka you want to view a side, and the next one. it will probably support a number of other property's within the view method as well allowing specific page selection etc.
But thats mostly speculation :) Im not to sure how it could be a tutoral though.

today
25-05-2007, 05:47 PM
forum editing wise such as phpbb :]

Mentor
25-05-2007, 05:50 PM
forum editing wise such as phpbb :]
Anything more specific? as phpbb is quite a large software so theres a massive amount of different directions or focus's one could have? Is there any thing specific you would be interested in?

Mr Macro
27-05-2007, 04:36 PM
AJAX :P

Oni
27-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Actionscript 3.0 :@

Ini
27-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Action script.

I want to be able to make a script in flash to upload videos quickly and be able to play in a flash player.

Maybee the upload script in PHP, but i still want to no how to create a flash player :(

Pazza
27-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Iframe in dreamweaver tut

Cocs it messes up tables for me Oo

Mentor
28-05-2007, 05:02 PM
AJAX :P

Ajax Forum submission (http://thybag.co.uk/index.php?p=Tutorials&ind=45)
Ajax Page Loading (http://thybag.co.uk/index.php?p=Tutorials&ind=44)

Ozzie: id suggestion just changing the settings so you can use action script 2, rather than learning 3.

Randomer: ill look in to it, i duno when ill be able to write one though, i dont use actionscript and flash to often.

Pazza: do a table like normal, but set the width as a %, say 100% or 80% rather than a pixel width. With divs, just dont put a width in. Easy as pie :p

today
28-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Anything more specific? as phpbb is quite a large software so theres a massive amount of different directions or focus's one could have? Is there any thing specific you would be interested in?

Just do the basic's like how to show name if part of usergroup.

Ect :] how to get information from the database =p the if & show, get commands.

30-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Installing python + PSP on an apache server, i've done it but i'm not liking how i've done it.

Blob
30-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Installing PHP on your computer (so you dont have to go onto localhost to use it)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!