PDA

View Full Version : Pointless post rule

Axel
26-05-2007, 11:55 PM
I am seriously starting to think it was a bad idea to scrap the rule, considering certain people (not pointing any fingers) are abusing the privilege to pointless post and get away with it. It's just getting really annoying.

Btw I guess it's a bit bad me saying this because I've been pointless posting alot too to try and get the original pointless poster, and just failing.

Foobar
27-05-2007, 12:16 AM
They scrapped the rule?

Cool, alskdfjka;lsdf.

ChErYl TwEeDy
27-05-2007, 12:18 AM
nintendonews abuses his privileges

Dentafrice♥
27-05-2007, 12:19 AM
he was pointing out at me.

Sammeth.
27-05-2007, 01:14 AM
he was pointing out at me.
Shocker.

-----------
It does get annoying, but I didnt know it was scrapped :S I learn something new everyday :8

dirrty
27-05-2007, 01:17 AM
if it is scrapped or not, it should either be brought back or enforced more.

edit:
its still there
C14. Do not make pointless posts - It is not allowed to post any messages that others consider to be meaningless or pointless or not relevant to the discussion.

should definetly be enforced more due to certain forum members abusing this rule a lot.

Sony.Com
27-05-2007, 02:33 AM
I am seriously starting to think it was a bad idea to scrap the rule, considering certain people (not pointing any fingers) are abusing the privilege to pointless post and get away with it. It's just getting really annoying.

Btw I guess it's a bit bad me saying this because I've been pointless posting alot too to try and get the original pointless poster, and just failing.

I agree with you 100%
Its annoying going into threads and your reading the whole thing then all of a sudden you see something compleatly irrevellent to the topic.

le harry
27-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Wth Kyle♥ had 400 posts 4ish days ago. I couldn't get on Hxf, next post I read of his he has 900? Man this rule needs to be enforced.

This rule needs to be reinstated. Why would you take it away anyway? Stupid people who think having a high post count is cool will now roam the forums.

Nick-
27-05-2007, 09:41 AM
It wasnt scrapped, theres just no infraction for it.
It was removed because we felt it was a little too harsh and it seemed a little over the top to punish for something as minor as pointless posting.
Currently the rule states that we must edit the post with a formal warning and issue no infractions or warnings unless it is repeated pointless posting in which case a formal warning PM would be in order or perhaps further action from a Super Moderator :)

Sly
27-05-2007, 09:56 AM
But some people on this forum instead of saying what they have to say in 1 post they spread it out over a number of posts to try and increase there post count even more *cough* Kyle *cough*

Nick-
27-05-2007, 10:09 AM
If you could send any evidence of a user repeatedly posting pointlessly to me i would be happy to deal with them ;)

Axel
27-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Fine, not the pointless post rule was scrapped, but I think it was like you can post, as long as it's related to the last posts, which means a thread can go way off topic. I'm sure this Kyle thing will pass.... eventually.

Nick-
27-05-2007, 10:55 AM
That was pretty much it and I was originally unhappy with this change as people got carried away but its calmed down now with the majority of users ;)

Axel
27-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Ye the majority don't abuse it, but in the case of Kyle, well he doesn't really off topic post because it's usually related to the topic, but he posts things he really didn't need to... like on that brothers and sisters thread someone put there sisters name then put RIP after, and Kyle posts with 'aww did she die?'. Like it wasn't obvious? And in both my thread showing a flash, and someone else's thread showing a video, Kyle posted about 30 seconds later saying 'kl nice' when the flash definately wouldn't have loaded, let alone finished, and he wouldn't have watched the video was 9 minutes long. That is just posting for the sake of his post count, and I don't see why he's so obsessed with it. He's bought accounts with high post/rep and still tries too, I think he thinks having an account with high post counts and rep will make him 'cool'. He is so wrong though.

Ashhizzle
27-05-2007, 11:05 AM
yeah, bring back the infractions for kyle's pointless posting tbh

:Jamie
27-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Change the rule back.

N!ck
27-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Couldn't they move the pointless threads made by certain individuals into the spam forum rather than closing them as this would make those threads no longer contribute towards Kyle's postcount.

---MAD---
27-05-2007, 01:10 PM
If you notice any users constantly pointless posting, you can report them in this forum:
http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1173

The rule has not been scrapped, we are just more subtle about it however if a user constantly does it and annoys users, they will be banned :).

News-Reporter
27-05-2007, 01:12 PM
wait until i get 1000 posts then bring back

--ss--
27-05-2007, 01:14 PM
It was scrapped?
pfft bad mistake , theres going to be alot more spam around

Bef
27-05-2007, 01:17 PM
If people want to pointless post they should do it in the spam forum?
If they spam out of the spam forum they should be infractionated.

Its getting really confusing.
Threads are being closed in spam for being pointless but not in other forums? Ehh?

News-Reporter
27-05-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah lol ^^^^^

:Jamie
27-05-2007, 02:00 PM
If people want to pointless post they should do it in the spam forum?
If they spam out of the spam forum they should be infractionated.

Its getting really confusing.
Threads are being closed in spam for being pointless but not in other forums? Ehh?

Got a point there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!