PDA

View Full Version : low OCD?

Lozzoling
27-05-2007, 08:30 PM
i was wondering if i had low OCD.

i always want things perfect, like on my bookshelf, if one book is out of line or not pushed as far back as it will go, i cannot get to sleep

and its really frustrating when you're doing something, and you want it to be JUST right and then i get freaked out when it doesn't

i guess im just a perfectionist

benjamin
27-05-2007, 08:36 PM
this guy is like that in my class, sorta.

if the teacher misses a bit of pen when they rub the whiteboard down, he puts his hand up and tells them they missed a bit

lol..

Caution
27-05-2007, 08:39 PM
It might be, just a little though. I sorta do in a way, not with the bookshelf though.

this guy is like that in my class, sorta.

if the teacher misses a bit of pen when they rub the whiteboard down, he puts his hand up and tells them they missed a bit

lol..
lirl, that's weird.

:Liam
27-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Im like this.
I have one very odd thing.
if I have a pillow thats a square I have to balance it on one tip to make a diamond shape. I like to have my tv/laptop screen clean. I do the thing with my bookshelf and my dvds. Also if my laptop isnt fully closed. or if theres a flashing light I have to turn it off.

dirrty
27-05-2007, 08:49 PM
im only like that with my c/w and stuff. i try to get it so perfect that i end up making it worse :/

but thats only being a perfectionist. a bit too much of a perfectionist.

indian8132
27-05-2007, 08:51 PM
If theres a flashing light on pc or any kind of light, I have to turn it off before I get to sleep, I find it annoying :P

Hazza
27-05-2007, 09:03 PM
I have OCD. I'm a perfectionist even with my habbo name :l I know it sounds odd but if my name or anything isn't perfect then I have to change/move it. LOL annoying sometimes.

Caution
27-05-2007, 09:07 PM
I have OCD. I'm a perfectionist even with my habbo name :l I know it sounds odd but if my name or anything isn't perfect then I have to change/move it. LOL annoying sometimes.
fit boy sounds nooby.

Hazza
27-05-2007, 09:11 PM
fit boy sounds nooby.
LOL I know but I stuck on that account for like 6 months then got permed. Then I moved from account to account about 50 times, No joke.

Then, I got unbanned last week, So i'm seeing how it goes.

Luke`
27-05-2007, 09:18 PM
i think everybody has some sort of OCD

Roboevil
27-05-2007, 09:26 PM
I have it with doors; if there's a door open in my house I close it, I have to as it annoys me so much.

Lozzoling
27-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Yes, (to luke) i think everyone has a degree of OCD.

Like when i do art or rooms on habbo, if i do something wrong that most people won't notice, i get this niggly feeling and i always redo it.

:Hazel
27-05-2007, 09:45 PM
i have this thing about lights. if one is on in the room and no one is in there i have to switch it off. :P

sarey
28-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Could be slightly a case of OCD, not to the degree where it's SO bad...

I dunno if I got OCD or not.

I do lots of things, more so at night though, like before i go bed, i have to do all these things like, checking doors are locked, turning the keys in the doors until they cant turn anymore, lift the handle of the door up and down 5 times, then push it in and out 5 times, then turn the pc off, turn the volumes all the way down, then i have to shut all the doors, push them in and out 5 times, then i have to check the fridge/freezer are both closed properley, and if i open one, i have to open the other, then i have to close all the draws/cupboards, turn taps all the way round, then it just repeats itself with the doors, then i have to do all this stuff in my room, like make sure curtains are PROPERLEY closed, no gaps or anything, gotta make sure my door clicks, then i gotta open it again to make sure everything stays the same, then i can FINALLY go to sleep. plus i have to look at things a certain amount of times too. its so weird and ANNOYING! :x

during the day i do stuff similar too. even other completely different things, like if i bite my nails on one hand, gotta do it exactly the same finger on other hand. just weirrrddd.

sorry for life story. lol. XD if you think uve got ocd and if it interferes with ur life, go doctors and get it checked out to see if something can be done about it.

Mitch4?
28-05-2007, 10:21 AM
When i get out the shower i flush the loo. Thats about it lol.

:Jamie
28-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I just believe everyone has a bit of OCD about them :P

benjamin
28-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I think that OCDs arn't that common, but everyone who has a little niggling thing calls it an OCD.

Shawnstra
01-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I have some minor OCD too :P

PappaLou
05-06-2007, 09:53 PM
It appears i have low OCD.

I just have to have every single part of my bedroom clean, if there is even a little speck of dust and i can see it, i get really stressed and get rid of it as fast as possible :P quite annoying really lol

if theres a little crumb on ma bedroom floor, i pick it up and put it in the bin :P

Ichigo
07-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I think that OCDs arn't that common, but everyone who has a little niggling thing calls it an OCD.

I agree there.

It seems quite a few people want to diagnose themself with OCD. I'd say it's more of a habit than anything. Somethings just look better when they're ordered correctly.

Click below for the quote from Wikipedia. (Covered because it's a little long. And then nobody can complain about it being 'boring') Although Wikipedia may be a little unreliable due to it being based on public input, I still find the following quote useful in self-diagnosis of OCD.

A person who shows signs of infatuation or fixation with a subject/object, or displays traits such as perfectionism, does not necessarily have OCD, a specific and well-defined condition. To be diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, one must have either obsessions or compulsions alone, or obsessions and compulsions, according to the DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria. The Quick Reference to the diagnostic criteria from DSM-IV-TR (2000) describes these obsessions and compulsions:
Obsessions are defined by:

Recurrent and persistent thoughts, impulses, or images that are experienced at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and inappropriate and that cause marked anxiety or distress.
The thoughts, impulses, or images are not simply excessive worries about real-life problems.
The person attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, impulses, or images, or to neutralize them with some other thought or action.
The person recognizes that the obsessional thoughts, impulses, or images are a product of his or her own mind, and are not based in reality.
The tendency to haggle over small details that the viewer is unable to fix or change in any way. This begins a mental pre-occupation with that which is inevitable. Compulsions are defined by:

Repetitive behaviors or mental acts that the person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession, or according to rules that must be applied rigidly.
The behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or preventing some dreaded event or situation; however, these behaviors or mental acts either are not connected in a realistic way with what they are designed to neutralize or prevent or are clearly excessive.In addition to these criteria, at some point during the course of the disorder, the sufferer must realize that his/her obsessions or compulsions are unreasonable or excessive. Moreover, the obsessions or compulsions must be time-consuming (taking up more than one hour per day), cause distress, or cause impairment in social, occupational, or school functioning (Quick Reference from DSM-IV-TR, 2000). OCD often causes feelings similar to those of depression.

dannyisnotamazing
07-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm like that haha. Say theres a CD case that is facing wrong way or upside down etc etc It annoys me, I can't sleep lol.

It's pretty annoying. ^^*.

Vause
07-06-2007, 07:53 PM
im the same. i like to see everything in the right place or i'll stress, i can't deal with change well either ):

Jamesy
07-06-2007, 08:06 PM
i dunno if this counts but i cant stand the sound of plates clatering. I seriously want to go smash them to bits when i hear it

Duck Hunt
07-06-2007, 08:18 PM
i was wondering if i had low OCD.

i always want things perfect, like on my bookshelf, if one book is out of line or not pushed as far back as it will go, i cannot get to sleep

and its really frustrating when you're doing something, and you want it to be JUST right and then i get freaked out when it doesn't

i guess im just a perfectionist

Lol whats wrong with being clean and having things tidy? when you get married no wife wants a fat dirty slob around the house. id count it as a plus but it would be annoying if its a book out of place or something.

Virgin Mary
07-06-2007, 08:52 PM
You have obsessive-compulsive personality disorder or you're just **** retentive, not obsessive-compulsive disorder. Some people have confused being meticulous with having a psychiatric disorder so much it's like the entire world has it by their standards.

Leeroy
07-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I used to be the same .. but a lil worse, try to ignore and it will go away in time :P

Xarea
08-06-2007, 01:39 PM
if something isn't right e.g. my door is open, then i think 'screw it ill close it in the morning'

no ocd sorry.

Putal
08-06-2007, 01:43 PM
The only problem I have like this is, when I'm watching TV and turn the volume up/down it goes up in numbers, I cannot have an odd number like 46 or 49, it has to be 45 or 50. It's annoying :P

Fonejacker
08-06-2007, 02:25 PM
OCD sounds tiring i wish i had it...

Krusty
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
i swear i have ocd sometimes..

its like "i must do [ENTER SOMETHING HERE] or [SOMETHING ELSE] wont happen"

annoys the hell out of me

HaveMouse
09-06-2007, 07:02 PM
*Removed*

harmony
14-06-2007, 08:28 PM
i think i have a minor condition of it. im the same with the odd number of the tv, gotta be like 50 or 55. :D I also have think I have a problem like some things have a wierd feel and i scratch it with my nails and then I get goosebumps. Like socks turned inside out do it, and like really rugged things.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!