PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing vb.

Diablo10
27-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey I just bought a vb license and I dont know how to upload vb and install it could someone tell me how?

CHTom
27-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Well, I'm guessing you know how to upload files? if so - Upload all of the files in the "upload" folder and then rename /includes/config.php.new to config.php and edit it with the database details of which you will use VB with (You will have needed to create these beforehand) once thats edited and uploaded (or replaced over the original) go to /install/install.php and follow the on-screen instructions!

Should all have worked providing you put the correct database name, username and password in :)

Diablo10
27-05-2007, 11:47 PM
what do you mean database name?

CHTom
27-05-2007, 11:53 PM
the name you specified when you created the database.

(You need to create a database with an attached username and password for VB to use)

Diablo10
27-05-2007, 11:58 PM
So jus crate a mysql database and it will work? What do I do when i create a database?

CHTom
28-05-2007, 12:08 AM
create the mysql database, and edit the config file as I said in my first post :)

Diablo10
28-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Could you give me screenie of what code in it?

Diablo10
28-05-2007, 12:37 AM
I still dont et it what do I replace? g

Diablo10
28-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Step 2) Connect to the database

Attempting to attach to database

Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) /home/skater/public_html/forum/upload/includes/class_core.php on line 274

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.
I got this

---MAD---
28-05-2007, 05:38 AM
You need to first make a database. Call it forum.

Then you need to make a database user name and password.

the database user name can be called forum as well and the password, well you decide on that.

Now you need to go into the includes folder and edit the config.php file. Edit the database name, database username and password in the file.

Remember, the database name and database user name need to have your site user name at the start followed by an "_". So if you go log in cpanel with diablo10, you would put diablo1_forum in the config file.

awelsh
28-05-2007, 07:31 AM
yes, in mysql you make a database.

it will be called yourcpanelusername_yourdatabasename

you type that in the config file where it says database
then you do the same for a username, make sure you connect it to the database using mysql then type it in config.

vbulletins install file does the rest for you

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!