PDA

View Full Version : Dutch TV Show outrage - BBC News

indian8132
29-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi all

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6699847.stm

I think its crazy and should not be allowed. A terminally ill woman goes on TV and selects one of three people to recieve her kidney as a prize. I think its sick, as a prize shown on television. I doubt it would ever happen on an English TV Show. What do you think. She choses according to their family history and friends!

Aflux
29-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Why is it sick?

:Hazel
29-05-2007, 02:00 PM
i think thats ew. ;l

indian8132
29-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Click the link and read it, it explains everything.

Aflux
29-05-2007, 02:03 PM
I really don't see anything wrong with it...

indian8132
29-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I mean, its ok if you are in hospital and decide to donate your kidney, but when its on TV and you select who you donate it too according to their family history and friends and NOT about who needs it most, i think thats wrong. Also, viewers can send in texts of advice on who to select.

GommeInc
29-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Different culutres do different things. If the dutch want to release a show like this, then so be it. We have fictional shows based around plastic surgery, why can't they take it to the extreme with a real, kidney transplant?

I say, let them. At the end of the day, someone gets a kidney.

Sammeth.
29-05-2007, 02:11 PM
I mean, its ok if you are in hospital and decide to donate your kidney, but when its on TV and you select who you donate it too according to their family history and friends and NOT about who needs it most, i think thats wrong. Also, viewers can send in texts of advice on who to select.

All the contestants will obviously need the kidney, but thats how she has to decide WHICH one. Its not a case of who needs it most, they all need it. They arent going on the show thinking "Oh, I could get a free kidney out of this. Already have 2, whats wrong with a third?". They NEEEEEEeeeEeeEeDDd it.

Ashley 12344
29-05-2007, 02:12 PM
If the terminally ill person wants to do this, then any issues of it being sick should be abandoned.

indian8132
29-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Yes, but it isint their culture. Also, about what Sammeth said about who needs it the most and who doesnt, arent there people who need kidneys but they cant find someone with a specific blood type or something type because it is rare? Or am I thinking about something else.

The terminally ill person will go through with it but others think its inhumane. I just think that it should not be done on TV or according to their family and friends.

News-Reporter
29-05-2007, 02:14 PM
HaHa I Might Make This Game On Habbo :D

GommeInc
29-05-2007, 02:18 PM
It isn't their culture? What? Yes it is, they're dutch, they live a dutch culture, therefore their culture is different to ours. It isn't being shown here, but it is over there. Let them, nothing wrong with it. Someone gets a kidney at the end of the day. I am sceptical with whether or not they release they need the same blood type as the woman, though.

Sammeth.
29-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Im sure they would pick contestants who need the kidney and have the same bloodtype. But with every transplant there is always the risk of the body rejecting the organ, regardless of blood type.

-Soph-
29-05-2007, 03:33 PM
go ahead and do it, thats my opinion.

Luckyrare
29-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a cool show, hope it comes to the UK

indian8132
29-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I think a show like that would not be shown on British Television, but I must admit I have seen shows more wierd than this.

Judge Judy
29-05-2007, 04:18 PM
You do know it is made by the makers of Big Brother?

I wouldn't want to watch it personally, but you know.

YoManGo!
29-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Seems better than waiting for years on an NHS waiting list tbh. I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

SusieC
29-05-2007, 09:12 PM
This is ridiculous. :eusa_wall

You can't compare people's lives and put it on national tv like that.

velocity
29-05-2007, 09:14 PM
This is ridiculous. :eusa_wall

You can't compare people's lives and put it on national tv like that.
welcome to the year 2007.

YoManGo!
29-05-2007, 09:40 PM
after watching the actual news story on it i believe it's actually meant to be satirical and mocking society by taking on the gameshow format. its trying to achieve something good but i forgot what it is, basically.

womanizer
29-05-2007, 10:15 PM
HaHa I Might Make This Game On Habbo :D

Is it wrong that I found that funny... :O

uh huh her
30-05-2007, 01:05 AM
i think there's a good and bad point to it.
it's not right to showcase any sort of transplant set up as a "game show". the fact the children have to win the kidney is just wrong.
but on the other hand, it publicises the serious need for organ donations, which in my opinion i think the show will achieve to put across.

:Jamie
30-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Just showing the lack of kidney donors there is. At the end of the day, its giving someone an opportunity in life.

Shawnstra
31-05-2007, 01:36 AM
1 word

SICK!

hadouken!
31-05-2007, 05:20 PM
LMAO! I WANT HER LIVER.

dannyisnotamazing
31-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I agree. I seen it last night on news.

:/ It's horrible

micky.blue.eyes
31-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm Dutch and this is not how our culture is.

after watching the actual news story on it i believe it's actually meant to be satirical and mocking society by taking on the gameshow format. its trying to achieve something good but i forgot what it is, basically.

They're trying to make people aware of how rare kidney donations are. They make it look like a game show because getting a kidney is like winning the jackpot. (Very rare)

I still don't think they should do it like this, one person will get a kidney which is great, but the other 2 will have to go back because they're not chosen by that woman and the rest of the Netherlands (the ones who voted for the winner anyway).
I think they should've followed the life of a person who needs a kidney, show how many times they go to the hospital and how many times they can't get a kidney and then at the end of the program that woman gives her kidney to that person.

hadouken!
31-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm Dutch and this is not how our culture is.

They're trying to make people aware of how rare kidney donations are. They make it look like a game show because getting a kidney is like winning the jackpot. (Very rare)

I still don't think they should do it like this, one person will get a kidney which is great, but the other 2 will have to go back because they're not chosen by that woman and the rest of the Netherlands (the ones who voted for the winner anyway).
I think they should've followed the life of a person who needs a kidney, show how many times they go to the hospital and how many times they can't get a kidney and then at the end of the program that woman gives her kidney to that person.

right but like atleast one gets a kidney, its dog eat dog,. we all want bodyparts. i want fake ****s. but britney got them 1st K!K!?

CrazyColaist
31-05-2007, 06:24 PM
its the same people for big brother (edmole)

PriceTags
31-05-2007, 09:53 PM
its the same people for big brother (edmole)

They're called Endemol...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!