PDA

View Full Version : My cat gets bullied

PigsNose
29-05-2007, 05:38 PM
My cat, Millie gets bullied by every other cat in the neighbourhood and it does get annoying. My sister says it is because she has three legs and other cats think she is different, but when we got her, a few months later, cats started to come throught the cat flap and ate her food and so we had to use one of those magnetic cat flaps which only let her in because she has a collar with a magnetic ball on. Her collar went missing once and we had to undo the cat flap and again cats came in. Once me and my sister woke up to find a cat spread out in front of the fire. I grabbed it and literatelly threw it out the house and it ran all the way home. Another time, Millie got peed on by another cat and when I picked her up, she stank of something horrible and was all wet.

Is it only her who gets bullied or do loads of cats get picked on, because it looks like a lot of the cats gang up on her, like the two black ones two houses away, and the large tabby cat and the black and white one. Poor Millie is scared to go to the loo outside now and she won't use the tray we put in the kitchen. She is even scared of her own shadow. No wonder she gets picked on by the other cats.

cocaine
29-05-2007, 08:59 PM
oh dear :(

well, theres not a lot you can do, really.

PigsNose
29-05-2007, 09:26 PM
But is it normal-ish? Like do loads of cats get picked on by other cats?

cocaine
29-05-2007, 09:29 PM
But is it normal-ish? Like do loads of cats get picked on by other cats?

well, ive got a dog.

dogs may be a lot different to cats, but when i take my dog out for a walk other dogs come up and then they have this sort of battle to decide which one is the most dominant (usually, they'll bark at each other, run at each other and bodyslam them).

I think it may be the same with cats, but I think it may be something different with your cat. You mentioned that other cats were sleeping by the fire in your house - I think that isnt really related as it could have been a homeless cat. I think that its a different issue with your cat.

lew!
29-05-2007, 09:44 PM
MAGPIES!

Magpies pick on mine lol :'(

Zample
01-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Aw, that really stinks. I dont think there's much you can do though really.. I mean.. I have a friend, and her dogs pee on each others heads all the time, and it's gross, but i dont know. They have a love-hate relationship, those dogs. Anyway. xD I dunno, really.

Breakfloor
01-06-2007, 12:59 PM
did you buy your cat off lee by any chance?

but yeh, unless you can get it a new leg or help it dominate a few cats theres nothing you can do.

Yoshimitsui
01-06-2007, 01:02 PM
It's quite normal, all cats fight! It may be nothing to do with your cats diability, just random fighting they do!

PigsNose
01-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for your help guys. My cat is scared of her own shadow, poor sod. She doesn't get out much anyway. Usually only goes out when we are in the garden. Stupid thing.

Hellspencer
01-06-2007, 10:17 PM
lol i got 7 cats (5 are kittens) none of mine get bullied lol

Crazy
09-06-2007, 01:01 AM
My cat gets bullied also O.o lol

Duck Hunt
09-06-2007, 03:07 AM
My cat, Millie gets bullied by every other cat in the neighbourhood and it does get annoying. My sister says it is because she has three legs and other cats think she is different, but when we got her, a few months later, cats started to come throught the cat flap and ate her food and so we had to use one of those magnetic cat flaps which only let her in because she has a collar with a magnetic ball on. Her collar went missing once and we had to undo the cat flap and again cats came in. Once me and my sister woke up to find a cat spread out in front of the fire. I grabbed it and literatelly threw it out the house and it ran all the way home. Another time, Millie got peed on by another cat and when I picked her up, she stank of something horrible and was all wet.

Is it only her who gets bullied or do loads of cats get picked on, because it looks like a lot of the cats gang up on her, like the two black ones two houses away, and the large tabby cat and the black and white one. Poor Millie is scared to go to the loo outside now and she won't use the tray we put in the kitchen. She is even scared of her own shadow. No wonder she gets picked on by the other cats.

Aww ;( Poor kitty.. well idk if mine does because theyre lazier than sulake x] i hardly see them outside.. other than the one that got ran over the other day :(

4:20
09-06-2007, 03:34 AM
Poor kitty ;[ My cat's too lazy to go outside and get bullied

Decapitated!
09-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Poor kitty =[ make her a house cat! they get all lazy and fat and loving :D

Joltersoft
09-06-2007, 09:42 AM
it's not really normal, but that is very unfair because she only has three legs, she is not different and i wish millie a very good life.

PigsNose
09-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys :) Millie hardly gets out anyway, except to go to the toilet, and she usually only goes otuside when we are outside with her. Poor sod, to scared to do anything.

Aeiou
09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I feel sorry for your cat, that pee one doesn't sound good. May I suggest getting a bottle of water, with a spray nozzle thing and spraying the cats when you see them? They might just run off then and not bother. Or poison the buggers.

@xP
09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Aww i feel sorry for your cat.
You can't realy do much tbh.

PigsNose
09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Lmao Aiezu, I tried to do that once with the hose pipe two years ago. We sat in the sun all day, waiting for a cat to come in the garden. When they did we would just spray them and they would meow and run away. MWAHAHAHA!

Aeiou
09-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Lmao Aiezu, I tried to do that once with the hose pipe two years ago. We sat in the sun all day, waiting for a cat to come in the garden. When they did we would just spray them and they would meow and run away. MWAHAHAHA!

:( It's Aeiou :( Anyway, try it again :D

Pompous-User
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
she has three legs and other cats think she is different

GET HER A WHEELCHAIR.

PigsNose
09-06-2007, 09:38 PM
:( It's Aeiou :( Anyway, try it again :D

Oops, sorry! Person above, shut up :).

Minstrels
10-06-2007, 01:43 PM
My cats bully other cats. :P

Duck Hunt
10-06-2007, 03:34 PM
GET HER A WHEELCHAIR.
how rude :l

Nick.
10-06-2007, 03:56 PM
I feel sorry for your cat, that pee one doesn't sound good. May I suggest getting a bottle of water, with a spray nozzle thing and spraying the cats when you see them? They might just run off then and not bother. Or poison the buggers.

Haha. Poison them, i agree.

GET HER A WHEELCHAIR.

http://phoenix.praxistechnology.com/sites/LauraRobb/myimages/184_4995_20051012-scooter_original.jpg
LMAO. Sorry.

I don't understand why she gets bullied, does she not fight back? If you find someone elses cat in your house that bullies your cat pick it up by it's neck (how the mother does it when it's a kitten) wee on it and throw it out the window.

PigsNose
10-06-2007, 05:25 PM
My cat wouldn't fight back. She is too damn scared. As I mentioned before, she is scared of her shadow, and I hear them hissing and meowing outside sometimes, and I guess that she is sometimes trying to fight back, just not very well.

Bef
10-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I got two cats, a tom and a girl and the tom is always getting in fights. Cos hes a clumsy old fatty he has come out wit some nasty injurys in the past. Its what cats do. If ther fightin the garden we just let the dogs out to go and see them off.

wishing
10-06-2007, 06:28 PM
it's normal for cats to gang up on eachother cos they're very territorial.
my cat's only one and a bit and quite small so cat's sometimes try picking on him but he's got very quick reflexes and stuff so attacks any cat that comes in our garden so they run off :].

there's not much you can do though so just try and make her feel loved and eventually she'll probably stop going out as much and use her litter tray more. cats hate water though so if any cats come through the cat flap, spray them with water - it will stop them coming back!

OMGitsaROSS
10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
rofl I never new cats could get bullied?

maybe you live in a cat-chavvy area? :D

stratosphere
10-06-2007, 08:46 PM
If those cats come back, start scolding them and scare them away.

Seriously though, there's nothing you can really do.

Vause
11-06-2007, 09:19 AM
poor kitty ):

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!