PDA

View Full Version : Contradiction

Seatherny
29-05-2007, 08:29 PM
First you give me a infraction which was unfair (and I proved it). Then you aid that thread was fine and not serious. When people started disagreeing with you (even a current admin for once!!) you closed it.

Learn to accept critism. Seem like to me, you act big when you give it out, but you cant take any.

If you carry on acting like this, you will get no where in life. You will find it hard to work and make friends at work. Just an advice for the future.

Dont tell me to report the infraction ... we all know, no smod will reverse a infraction given my MAD.

---MAD---
29-05-2007, 08:32 PM
First you give me a infraction which was unfair (and I proved it). Then you aid that thread was fine and not serious. When people started disagreeing with you (even a current admin for once!!) you closed it.

Learn to accept critism. Seem like to me, you act big when you give it out, but you cant take any.

If you carry on acting like this, you will get no where in life. You will find it hard to work and make friends at work. Just an advice for the future.

Dont tell me to report the infraction ... we all know, no smod will reverse a infraction given my MAD.
Smods don't reverse infractions given out by admins.

Kardan
29-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I was about to reply to the thread until I saw it closed. And I can probably guess why :rolleyes:

What if the admins wrong?

Lµke
29-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't think this thread was serious as the first post is sarcastic and has already been explained :).

Well some other valid and serious points have been raised, that you have still not answered, and yet again you've disregarded my post as if it didnt exgsist.

It just shows how serious you are taking this thread that you haven't even bothered to read it all and take onboard comments made by other members.

And now you proove a point to your doubters by closing the thread.

Also Rafael, its not about moderator logs, Bomb-Head has been a Forum Moderator for around 6-7 months, and has been consistantently putting vast ammounts of efforts into his moderation, and thus deserves to be at the front of the que for promotion, this is no reflection on you or your moderation skills.

Tom H
Hey,

I think you meant me there. I don't take sides ever, unless I believe strongly on the point. I have not took sides here. I think that could of been sent by PM though. If you have complaints about people / peoples actions with evidence you know where to send them :)

Aflux
Burn <3

PM 8freak8 and he'll look over it ;)

Seatherny
29-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey,

I think you meant me there. I don't take sides ever, unless I believe strongly on the point. I have not took sides here. I think that could of been sent by PM though. If you have complaints about people / peoples actions with evidence you know where to send them :)

I dunno why, but I dont seem to hate you anymore. I thought you would have gon and flamed me lol.

Ah well. Anyway @ someone who posted above. MAD has a habit of ignoring points in which he has been prooven wrong. He perm banned me for it once and removed the thread. 8Freak8 unbanned me xD
But MAD went and banned me again >.>

Kardan
29-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I dunno why, but I dont seem to hate you anymore. I thought you would have gon and flamed me lol.

Ah well. Anyway @ someone who posted above. MAD has a habit of ignoring points in which he has been prooven wrong. He perm banned me for it once and removed the thread. 8Freak8 unbanned me xD
But MAD went and banned me again >.>

Sounds like power abuse, maybe that's why admins and S. Mods don't have logs :rolleyes:

Wonder who came up with that choice.

Aflux
29-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, if an administrator infracts you; you should report it to another administrator, preferably someone higher up.

PM 8freak8 or possibly nvrspk4 and I'm sure they'll look over it for you :)

MAD was only doing what he thought was right at the time.

---MAD---
29-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Sounds like power abuse, maybe that's why admins and S. Mods don't have logs :rolleyes:

Wonder who came up with that choice.
They do have logs for smods and admins. I meant they aren't put in a report like mod reports :).

the wombats
29-05-2007, 08:40 PM

so if an admin gives an unfair infraction then you're screwed? that's harsh.

Aflux
29-05-2007, 08:41 PM
so if an admin gives an unfair infraction then you're screwed? that's harsh.
Noooo;

Well, if an administrator infracts you; you should report it to another administrator, preferably someone higher up.

Tristan
29-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Also Rafael, its not about moderator logs, Bomb-Head has been a Forum Moderator for around 6-7 months, and has been consistantently putting vast ammounts of efforts into his moderation, and thus deserves to be at the front of the que for promotion, this is no reflection on you or your moderation skills.

I was addressing the fact that Catzsy mentioned his activity, and so I talked about Moderator logs. Otherwise activity could only be defined by the amount of time we're online, could it not? I don't see how that would be accurately measurable. Effort can't really be measured also.
Also, I used to be a Forum Moderator pre to that. I'm not sure for how long and I'm not sure when but I believe that it was enough time to prove myself, until of course I got myself fired because of unrelated reasons to the job.

Lµke
29-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I was addressing the fact that Catzsy mentioned his activity, and so I talked about Moderator logs. Otherwise activity could only be defined by the amount of time we're online, could it not? I don't see how that would be accurately measurable. Effort can't really be measured also.
Also, I used to be a Forum Moderator pre to that. I'm not sure for how long and I'm not sure when but I believe that it was enough time to prove myself, until of course I got myself fired because of unrelated reasons to the job.

Lets put this into perspective then, how would you feel if you had been here alot longer than someone else, and made the same effort, week in, week out, and they got promoted ahead of you? Since your obviously making a statement saying you are a more active moderator than Bomb-Head and thus deserved the promotion before him.

2-3 Months
v
6-7 Months

No offence, but need i say anymore?

Aflux
29-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Luke, it's the work that you do, not the time of your presence.

Dan
29-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Lets put this into perspective then, how would you feel if you had been here alot longer than someone else, and made the same effort, week in, week out, and they got promoted ahead of you? Since your obviously making a statement saying you are a more active moderator than Bomb-Head and thus deserved the promotion before him.

2-3 Months
v
6-7 Months

No u dont need say anymore ;) it says it all tbh

Kardan
29-05-2007, 08:47 PM

2-3 Months
v
6-7 Months

I agree that people that've been around longer have more experience, so should be promoted first.
Rather than promote everyone at the same time.

, it's the work that you do, not the time of your presence.

But as said before, if you both put in the same effort over a day, it's the one that's been around longer that should get promoted first.

:Jamie
29-05-2007, 08:49 PM

2-3 Months
v
6-7 Months

Agree with what you have here.

I remember telling this to someone not so long ago aswell, guess I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Aflux
29-05-2007, 08:51 PM
But as said before, if you both put in the same effort over a day, it's the one that's been around longer that should get promoted first.
I can see your point but, Bomb-Head could've had more maturity and a better overall behaviour around the forums; there are a number of factors that could've affected the decision.

N!ck
29-05-2007, 08:52 PM
If somebody is a better moderator then they should be promoted first. Of course, in general, a moderator who has been a mod for longer will have more experience and so will usually be a better moderator but that can't always be the case.

Kardan
29-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I can see your point but, Bomb-Head could've had more maturity and a better overall behaviour around the forums; there are a number of factors that could've affected the decision.

Well, in my opinion, if somebody can't keep to a standard of maturity, then they shouldn't be given a moderator job let alone a S. Mod position.
But I can't talk as I've not seen Bomb-Head around the forum much.

Aflux
29-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Well, in my opinion, if somebody can't keep to a standard of maturity, then they shouldn't be given a moderator job let alone a S. Mod position.
But I can't talk as I've not seen Bomb-Head around the forum much.
I could speak on Bomb-Head's behalf but I suppose I'd be seen as biased.

Tristan
29-05-2007, 08:56 PM

2-3 Months
v
6-7 Months

Please do, but I shall as you seem to be misunderstanding my point.
I'm not putting down Bomb-Head, I'm just saying that I shouldn't be shunned out really because he's been here longer and of course, worked here longer than myself.
The same thing actually happened also when I was in the Rare Values Department. I had been there for about 6 months and then needed a break for one over the christmas holidays (2005), when I returned in January it was fine and dandy, but the next fortnight a person was promoted to Head RVR who had only been there from the start of January. Sure it was annoying and I was pretty envious but it's really not that big of a deal when you think about it. If this was a business, then I would have to work my hardest for the next chance. So I did. I had also recommended someone for a job in the department and then I got myself fired and in the end they became the Manager. Been there, done that. I believe that you are taking my points a bit too much to heart for Bomb... I'm not criticising him, putting him down or bigging me up... Just giving myself a bit of light, rather than being shunned out of it and be put down, so to speak.

Kardan
29-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm not putting down Bomb-Head, I'm just saying that I shouldn't be shunned out really because he's been here longer and of course, worked here longer than myself.
The same thing actually happened also when I was in the Rare Values Department. I had been there for about 6 months and then needed a break for one over the christmas holidays (2005), when I returned in January it was fine and dandy, but the next fortnight a person was promoted to Head RVR who had only been there from the start of January. Sure it was annoying and I was pretty envious but it's really not that big of a deal when you think about it. If this was a business, then I would have to work my hardest for the next chance. So I did. I had also recommended someone for a job in the department and then I got myself fired and in the end they became the Manager. Been there, done that. I believe that you are taking my points a bit too much to heart for Bomb... I'm not criticising him, putting him down or bigging me up... Just giving myself a bit of light, rather than being shunned out of it and be put down, so to speak.

To be honest it sounds like your jealous even though he got promoted 5 hours after you...
It's not that much of a deal.

Lµke
29-05-2007, 08:59 PM

I haven't put you down, and nor has anyone else for that matter? To my knowledge anyway.

And what do you mean by 'shunned out' you got your promotion you 'worked hard' for didn't you?

If anyone has been 'shunned out' its Bomb-Head who has been mature about this matter and has took it on the chin and got on with things, unlike some people who want to blow their own trumpet.

Tristan
29-05-2007, 09:06 PM
I actually felt so in regards to Catzsy's post, but I guess that it was a misinterpretation. As is all of this I guess now...
I never said that I felt that you had put myself down? :S
Anyway, I also am led to believe that others do like to blow theirs aswell?

I'm sorry that my post came across in that way Kardan, but the intention was not for it to sound so, and also isn't so. :)

Nick.
29-05-2007, 09:07 PM
No u dont need say anymore ;) it says it all tbh

Lmao, is it nice to finally speak the truth without the risk of being fired? :P

Dan
29-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Lmao, is it nice to finally speak the truth without the risk of being fired? :P

oh yesh :P *sings like a puppet on a string to rafael*

Seatherny
29-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Thread closed as problem solved.

Oh btw, just cos someone has had a job longer doesnt mean they should be promoted before someone else. It depends on how much work you do. If a mod has been a mod for 2 years and has 1 mdo log, while someone else who has been there a month has 200 .. then the mod who has been there longer doesnt deserve to be promoted.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!