PDA

View Full Version : 30 Years Rememberance. VietNam War.

?-Doc-?
04-05-2005, 08:17 AM
As you know , the vietnam war was in 1975. This year marks 30 years.
30 years , since all the blood. the fighting and the tradgedy.
-
Does Anyone remember courage? faith , and honour?
Does anyone CARE.
-
I beg of you to pray and give a minute for those who fell.
Those Vietnamese And Other Soldiers. Who fought for their country.
Many of them (61%) were 21 years or younger and had to fight COMPULSERY.
-
58,169 US Men ALONE died. and were KILLED IN ACTION.
38,190 US MEN where KILLED in action alone.

86.8% of the men who were Killed in action were Caucasian
12.1% (5,711) were black; 1.1% belonged to other races.
14.6% (1,530) of non-combat deaths were black
34% of blacks who enlisted volunteered for the combat arms.
-
7,484 women served in vietnam.
58,202 VIETNAMESE deaths alone (Im The Army only)
17,539. married men killed (in the army only)

61% of the men killed were 21 or younger
303,704 wounded (vietnameses fighers alone)

75,000 SEVERLY DISABLED (Vietnamese) many had lost limbs and many amputations.

- Please remember the people who risked their lives.
* statistics shown , are vietnamese who have died. Many More Died.

Doc.

Angel-Light
04-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Not just this war, we need to remember all the soldiers who fought with their lives in all the wars. Vietnam, World War One/Two and the ever going Irag war going on.

So many lives lost, why can't everything be peace and harmony :( All the children who have lost their fathers, siblings. I believe everyone has lost someone in whatever war and my prayers just now go out to the familes with servicemen fighting in Iraq :) You are always in our prayers :eusa_pray

Fraz-man
04-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Iraq is a waste of time, money, effort and lifes. All america wanted to do was steal oil from Iraq and saddam didnt even have any weapons but saddam had done terrible things to the people of Iraq and should of got 100000 lashs until he died. Did you know he strapped his cousin to a V2 rocket and set it off?

Well back to Vietnam. I always saw vietnam as the nastiest wars ever, with the terrible traps the vietcong set that impaled the americans, to the americans using napalm. Stupid americans always have to stick there nose in everyones buisness! :@

manga21
04-05-2005, 08:27 PM
i know how horrble those trpas and getting motered by your own side.. msot people in the iraq i saw on telly these usa soilders tehy throw a nade in a hosue then went yeeee haaa!!! i mean god?

?-Doc-?
04-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Im Still Depressed =[

Butcher11
04-05-2005, 09:34 PM
It's terrible, war is always terrible, and to think at the time, Americans were protesting against the troops when they came back from Vietnam.

Syd
04-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I know how awful the iraqi's might seem, how can I put this nicely, ghastly, but deep down they are standing for what they believe in. They believe in war as being the main source of survival in life. I understand a lot of english and american soldiers have been killed because of this war, but they go out there because they are proud to be british and american and they will do everything to stop our world from shattering. I believe that all of us are equal but with Iraq making the world into something it shouldn't be they're abusing their right to be on earth. In my opinion god made the earth for peace not war, love not hate and cheese not ham :D

smurf-you
04-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Wars a waste of my time
So's iraq and America, and all the chavs out there

Theroy: Let Tony Blair Finish s*cking up to Bush and then when hes back is turned BANG....

HAPPY DAYS...

Minnie
05-05-2005, 04:12 AM
My mother was born during the first few years of the Vietnam War..
She told me really unbelievable stories about it..
It was a harsh war and it shouldn't of happened in the first place.. in my opinion anyways.

?-Doc-?
05-05-2005, 06:25 AM
Yes. It was a stupid act.

?-Doc-?
05-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Im not sure but i think my great aunty got like "hanged" on a airplance or something in front of everyone to state "Retreat Now Or this will happen to you" . God it was horrible.

Mit
05-05-2005, 06:31 AM
all wars r bad. vietnam was kind of strange. a tiny communist coutnry like Vietnam taking on Ameerica 'kings of decocracy lol' . Just shows that sometimes pure warfare skills can beat new age weapns. wel not the big bombs

any1 notice that the French had run off by that time?

?-Doc-?
05-05-2005, 11:15 AM
OOOH YES TRUE. The Frechies Made Us Speak French :P o.0
-
And they ran off when they heard of the amercains. Lmao.
I had to learn all of it in my viet class , for the 1st time i was doing work.
i was SO interested i got picked for a competition and my team came 3rd =D
Not so bad. Im pretty proud. That was a year ago.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!