PDA

View Full Version : Oops..

Adam!
31-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I download like 5gb a month, and my dad downloads like err 155gb a month lmao.. So we got this letter and email from AOL.

Please read this notice carefully. If you do not change your usage immediately, your service may be terminated.

Dear Mr. Cooke,

Your AOL Broadband service is now subject to speed restrictions at peak times of the day (typically evenings) due to extreme usage of this broadband connection, which contravenes the AOL Fair Usage Policy. If you do not significantly reduce your level of usage within immediate effect, your service may be terminated.

Speed restrictions have been imposed because, over the last three months, your average monthly usage has been in excess of 150gb; this is equivalent to downloading around 120 full-length movies or tens of thousands of MP3 songs. Your usage has exceeded reasonable levels for a residential broadband product and, as such, breaches the AOL Broadband Fair Use Policy. We would consider reasonable usage to be below 60GB a month.

At AOL Broadband we are committed to providing our members with a fast, reliable and high-quality service. Excessive bandwidth usage slows down our broadband service and affects the online experience of all other AOL Broadband members. The Fair Use Policy is part of the terms and conditions governing your AOL Broadband service and was put in place at the beginning of 2007. Further details on the Fair Use Policy can be found at AOL Keyword: COS

If you continue to exceed reasonable usage of your AOL Broadband service, we may reluctantly terminate your account. We definitely don’t want to do that and hope you take this opportunity to modify your usage and help us to enable all AOL Broadband members to get fair access and the best possible experience on our network.

To avoid termination of your AOL Broadband Service, you should:

Reduce the amount you download with immediate effect

While we encourage our broadband members to enjoy online content, we recommend that you are sensible with what and how much you download from the internet. For example, using peer-to-peer services to download and share files will significantly increase your usage levels.
For further information and Frequently Asked Questions on the AOL Broadband Fair Use Policy you can go to AOL Keyword: Help and enter “fair use policy” in the search box. If after that you have further questions please contact our Member Services team on 0870 320 20 20* or go to AOL Keyword: Live Help

Your Sincerely,

The AOL Broadband Team

You
31-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Spam forum ;)

Adam!
31-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Spam forum ;)
Nonono, discuss anything.. It's not spam really.

benjamin
31-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi, we don't care how much your father downloads, thanks.

Adam!
31-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi, we don't care how much your father downloads, thanks.
Yes but the letter is funny,

Thankyou.

benjamin
31-05-2007, 10:33 AM

Thankyou.
Oh yeah, I forgot to say in my other post I lol'd.

..:rolleyes:

You
31-05-2007, 10:34 AM

Thankyou.
You have a strange sense of humour if the letter is funny to you. :]

Dan!
31-05-2007, 10:35 AM
get internet that dont have a download limit ?

Adam!
31-05-2007, 10:36 AM
You have a strange sense of humour if the letter is funny to you. :]
It is..

The fact that they emailed it 4 times, to all 6 accounts and then sent the letter in the post..

They obviousaly don't have anything to do.

The reason I find it funny, is that i'd love them to terminate the account.. At the minute im stuck with them for 10 months on a contract, so if they terminate it we don't have to pay and can move to someone DECENT.

EDIT: Dan, AOL doesn't.. Just a fair use policy lol.

womanizer
31-05-2007, 10:39 AM
i really cba to read all that

LeftForDead
31-05-2007, 10:47 AM
LOL, thats crap that.
id check out your contract to see if will still have to pay.
Then move to a company that doesnt have download limits.
No doubt in a few months u will get a email or letter saying they have great packages for old customers.

Shawnstra
01-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Lmao, I think this rule must have been in the Terms and Conditions, which no one can be bothered to read. That's how companies like AOL make such rules, and people agree to them :P

cocaine
01-06-2007, 08:48 AM
why is this in discuss anything..?

Ashley 12344
01-06-2007, 09:33 AM
How much *Removed* can two people watch?

I bet your arms ache.

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter.

Putal
01-06-2007, 09:37 AM
I download like 5gb a month, and my dad downloads like err 155gb a month lmao.. So we got this letter and email from AOL.

Please read this notice carefully. If you do not change your usage immediately, your service may be terminated.

Dear Mr. Cooke,

Your AOL Broadband service is now subject to speed restrictions at peak times of the day (typically evenings) due to extreme usage of this broadband connection, which contravenes the AOL Fair Usage Policy. If you do not significantly reduce your level of usage within immediate effect, your service may be terminated.

Speed restrictions have been imposed because, over the last three months, your average monthly usage has been in excess of 150gb; this is equivalent to downloading around 120 full-length movies or tens of thousands of MP3 songs. Your usage has exceeded reasonable levels for a residential broadband product and, as such, breaches the AOL Broadband Fair Use Policy. We would consider reasonable usage to be below 60GB a month.

At AOL Broadband we are committed to providing our members with a fast, reliable and high-quality service. Excessive bandwidth usage slows down our broadband service and affects the online experience of all other AOL Broadband members. The Fair Use Policy is part of the terms and conditions governing your AOL Broadband service and was put in place at the beginning of 2007. Further details on the Fair Use Policy can be found at AOL Keyword: COS

If you continue to exceed reasonable usage of your AOL Broadband service, we may reluctantly terminate your account. We definitely don’t want to do that and hope you take this opportunity to modify your usage and help us to enable all AOL Broadband members to get fair access and the best possible experience on our network.

To avoid termination of your AOL Broadband Service, you should:

Reduce the amount you download with immediate effect

While we encourage our broadband members to enjoy online content, we recommend that you are sensible with what and how much you download from the internet. For example, using peer-to-peer services to download and share files will significantly increase your usage levels.For further information and Frequently Asked Questions on the AOL Broadband Fair Use Policy you can go to AOL Keyword: Help and enter “fair use policy” in the search box. If after that you have further questions please contact our Member Services team on 0870 320 20 20* or go to AOL Keyword: Live Help

Your Sincerely,

The AOL Broadband Team

AOL wouldn't say that and as the email seems very personal I would of thought they would of signed off with a name not just "The AOL Broadband Team"

madmike666
01-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Spam forum ;)

No...Adam has put it in here for it to be discussed.

hadouken!
01-06-2007, 11:00 AM
That isn't exactly funny.

Adam!
01-06-2007, 11:32 AM
How much *Removed* can two people watch?

I bet your arms ache.

Lol, there is like 5 of us in this house.. We download loads of stuff, infact I don't even download p*** - Websites are better ;)

AOL wouldn't say that and as the email seems very personal I would of thought they would of signed off with a name not just "The AOL Broadband Team"

Well AOL did say that, it's obviousaly a standard template which has been modified to add a few bits in.. AOL are not really a good company, there not even professional the slightest little bit.

FlyingJesus
01-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Adam sure likes posting letters that he gets

hobo
01-06-2007, 02:58 PM
It is..

The fact that they emailed it 4 times, to all 6 accounts and then sent the letter in the post..

They obviousaly don't have anything to do.

The reason I find it funny, is that i'd love them to terminate the account.. At the minute im stuck with them for 10 months on a contract, so if they terminate it we don't have to pay and can move to someone DECENT.

EDIT: Dan, AOL doesn't.. Just a fair use policy lol.

we had AOL and i'm pretty sure you could cancel it at any time, wasn't aware you even could be held to a 10 month contract with broadband :s

Adam sure likes posting letters that he gets

innit.

tbh i think you're talking crap.
and even if you weren't, it's not funny in the slightest, just suggests your father has way too much time on his hands.

dirrty
01-06-2007, 03:10 PM
who cares tbh.

what would be even more funny is if they disconnected your internet. then i would laugh at you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!