PDA

View Full Version : Project HabboNews - What do you want from it?

timROGERS
31-05-2007, 05:24 PM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2451/logozq7.png

I'm planning to create a new news system designed specifically for Habbo fansites, but also capable of being used on absolutely any other site. This will be a direct competitor to the current most popular offering, Cutenews. It will probably be open source, and is unlikely to have any copyright notices.

It will include Habbo Imager type features for things like avatars on the stories, a full templating system (which will be better explained that it is in Cutenews) and an easy-to-use installation system.

But, if I'm gonna make something like this, what's the point in making it how I want it? I want to make it how ordinary Habbos want!

What features do you want? What problems do you have with current offerings? Anything else? If you're interested in working with me on this project, drop me a PM :)

GommeInc
31-05-2007, 05:34 PM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2451/logozq7.png

I'm planning to create a new news system designed specifically for Habbo fansites, but also capable of being used on absolutely any other site. This will be a direct competitor to the current most popular offering, Cutenews. It will probably be open source, and is unlikely to have any copyright notices.

It will include Habbo Imager type features for things like avatars on the stories, a full templating system (which will be better explained that it is in Cutenews) and an easy-to-use installation system.

But, if I'm gonna make something like this, what's the point in making it how I want it? I want to make it how ordinary Habbos want!

What features do you want? What problems do you have with current offerings? Anything else? If you're interested in working with me on this project, drop me a PM :)
I am interested in this idea. Let me just log on to cutenews and criticise the snot out of it, and come back with some ideas for you :)

Jordy
31-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Well a option like cutenews to have, a fully enhanced WYSY (Etc) news editor is always good.

I'd like to see a decent image uploader, possibly a upload button under the news editor you upload it, then by ajax it adds it to the report? :P

4 different types of users
Trialist News Reporter (News must be approved)
News Reporter
News Manager (Edits and approves news)
Administrator (Edits templates etc)

Loads of colour and a bit bigger than cutenews, and lots of habbo images :)
And a combination of HTML and BB Code.
Habbo themed emotions
RSS

Make it a bit like a DJ Panel too, and have users notes and stuff so news manager's can view progress on people. Maybe a announcement thing for news reporters too & a good idea I've thought of...
Next to news reports they could be 5 stars, and you rate the news report out of 5?
Hope this helps :P

:Edzy
31-05-2007, 05:35 PM
ahh, make a system like switchgear :(

Oni
31-05-2007, 05:36 PM
You should do an a system aswell for it on which large stories eg new furni release are automatically added to their site, so like when the new furni comes out you submit the article and it appears on all sites. This can be toggled on and off.

Swinkid
31-05-2007, 05:37 PM
RSS Feeds so other people can put news on their site so they dont need to upload the program ect
EDIT: A daterbase of habbo furni and figures and other habborelated Pictures

Mr Macro
31-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Dammit, i'm actually making a news CMS, not for Habbo though, how am i going to compete with you lol.

ScottDiamond
31-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Keep the ideas coming please. :)

Sunny.
31-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Urm is there any chance there can be a Profile system built in..
So like - Posted By Name on 31st May and when you click name it takes you to their profile...

that would be kind of good.

timROGERS
31-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Urm is there any chance there can be a Profile system built in..
So like - Posted By Name on 31st May and when you click name it takes you to their profile...

that would be kind of good.

Yeah, why not! I'll +rep for all ideas where I can :)

By the way, Scott Diamond is now working with me on this project.

31-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah, why not! I'll +rep for all ideas where I can :)

By the way, Scott Diamond is now working with me on this project.

would rep u back but i alreddi repped u

Blob
31-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Selection of already made templates which you upload to your site, and a auto update system (does it at midnight)

Luckyrare
31-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Possible intergration with other panels - like radio panels.

Also a Cutenews converter? Ill code that if you want tim ;)

Luckyrare
31-05-2007, 08:02 PM
As asked tim:

http://www.uploadz.co.uk/537untitled-12.gif

timROGERS
31-05-2007, 08:07 PM
As asked tim:

Very nice :D I'm going to do one myself tomorrow, with your ideas of course!

Ini
31-05-2007, 08:37 PM
comments on news..

maybee a rare values system.

You could news on new rares and they be a link to the rare values page

31-05-2007, 08:51 PM
As asked tim:

ur handwriting is like a posh boy :)

Luckyrare
31-05-2007, 08:53 PM
ur handwriting is like a posh boy :)

lol thats messy

31-05-2007, 09:02 PM
lol thats messy
yer but its neat messy

would you like a scone?

:P:P<33

SCONERS GET +REP :D

Luckyrare
31-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Tim make sure you get the Collab installed and get me my details ;)

Off topic: yes please

Dentafrice,
31-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I wanna help =[

Ajax features ftw.

Profile system yes.

Digg! =]

Rss feeds of course.

Curtis
01-06-2007, 06:53 PM
dude that sounds great! if you can get it coded perfectly with barely any errors i'll worship you!

i like the idea of profiles, also can you add a php staff list like powerpanel that can be places on the website.

--ss--
01-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Maybe have a some pre installed habbo images you can use inside your articles (like smilies but a pack of actual habbo images) ?

timROGERS
02-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Maybe have a some pre installed habbo images you can use inside your articles (like smilies but a pack of actual habbo images) ?

That's planned :) We're gonna start developing on Monday, at the moment we're researching :) We need to two more questions answered before we develop:

What do you want the admin template to look like?
What features would you like to see in our simple modification format?

Luke
02-06-2007, 07:24 AM
That's planned :) We're gonna start developing on Monday, at the moment we're researching :) We need to two more questions answered before we develop:

What features would you like to see in our simple modification format?

the amdin template could be like the habbo homepage theme or somit, and the modification format, as much as you can get to make it better than cutenews which is a rip!

Also, will this be free?

timROGERS
02-06-2007, 07:31 AM
the amdin template could be like the habbo homepage theme or somit, and the modification format, as much as you can get to make it better than cutenews which is a rip!

Also, will this be free?

It will probably be free, although I can't totally promise it.

Luke
02-06-2007, 07:36 AM
It will probably be free, although I can't totally promise it.

hope it is =]

Dentafrice,
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
The news format shouldn't have a template should it?

If people want to integrate it on their site shouldn't it just be divs or tables with the different variables (Title, date, short, long story, etc). Not sure why it should have a template?

Jordy
05-06-2007, 05:41 PM
A DJ Panel.

PenguinFluid
07-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Just wondering how this is coming dude

timROGERS
23-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Postponed until further notice. Thread locked.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!