PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 ELITE!?

Alan_Carr
31-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok, I Went On This Site..

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/news/2007/03/28/Microsoft-Makes-Xbox-360-Elite-Official/p1

Showing The New Xbox 360..
Ok, so yeah, it looks better in black, so what?
Whats so new about it?
OH YEH
120 GB Hard Drive..
Is that honestly it?
Tbh, i dnt even use much of my hard drive on my 360 atm..
Surely a bad idea by microsoft?
Dnt do another SONY Pls <3:eusa_danc

mangle
31-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeahh known about it for months LOL. Still , it looks pretty amazing.

CrazyColaist
31-05-2007, 06:29 PM
er your like 5 months old.

Putal
31-05-2007, 06:32 PM
It's a waste of money!

Nick-
31-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Actually, the way I see this version of the console is the gateway to the new marketplace thats being rumoured or tested in America. Given time the UK marketplace will have feature length films in HD to store on your HDD temporarily, they will be deleted automatically after they have been watched once. With a 20GB HDD theres no way youre going to be able to fit full length HD movies on it. There will be migration software available with the elite to transfer all old saved data from the 20GB to the 120GB so you need not worry about having to repeat entire games or re download things from the marketplace.
The black finish is more for the original fans of the Xbox, its black and green colour scheme was its trademark and there was evidently a demand for it to be kept that way. Personally, I think the white looks better ;)
The HDMI output cable I'm a little unsure of as its a bit too technical for my liking but I assume it improves HD gaming/movies which is great for me :D
Theyve also updated a fair few bits of the hardware, apparently theres updates to the fans and cooling system or something similar that will make it run a lot quieter (some have complained of noisy Xbox's :S) and apparently a lot smoother. Its a little unusual that that site states it will not be getting a CPU upgrade and I never though it was originally going to get one, just the fans and cooling system were going to be upgraded. :S

This is in no way another repeat of the PS Slimline, this is more of an upgrade looking towards future online development rather than something Sony decide to pull out of the bag by removing the fans completely and adding very little to the actual features. ;)

Neil
31-05-2007, 06:46 PM

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/news/2007/03/28/Microsoft-Makes-Xbox-360-Elite-Official/p1

Whats so new about it?
OH YEH
120 GB Hard Drive..
Is that honestly it?

The hard drive size increase is mainly for the hardcore players that get all the arcade games, apparently they want to increase the size of arcade games to make them bigger and better, I'm only gonna buy the HDD xD

Ryyder
01-06-2007, 05:45 AM
I think the xbox is very dark and ugly, and i like my white one better

Nick-
01-06-2007, 08:33 AM
I'll probably buy as much as possible without buying anything thats actually got the black matte casing. I prefer the white :D

mangle
01-06-2007, 08:37 AM
White 360 Elite would be better imo. Although the black is sweet its a big console and a big white box looks better than a big black box.

Bear-Max
01-06-2007, 03:30 PM

Whats so new about it?
OH YEH
120 GB Hard Drive..
Is that honestly it?
What on earth do you mean by "do a Sony"?

The whole point is that

a) You get a bigger hard-drive, handy with the video marketplace soon likely to offer movies in full HD (though this is only in the US at the moment).

b) The console has a HDMI port which means you can watch in "proper" 1080p and is a single, more secure digital cable than over the component wires the 360 currently uses.

c) It's enabled for IPTV which is due to start soon, which is a bit like a TV-on-demand service.

It's really not leagues ahead of the premium and rightly so, but it hasn't been a raging success and there's a possibility it might not even make it to the UK. I like the black though.

In a kind of tepid "meh" response though, Sony announced that Korea would be getting an 80GB PS3 (and it will be the only SKU available). And in this case the HDD is the only real difference. Pretty pointless, but what can you do.

Sunny.
01-06-2007, 03:34 PM
^^ Well Said :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!