PDA

View Full Version : Madeline McCann - Give up or keep looking?

indian8132
01-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Hi all

Madeline McCann. We all know shes missing, but the search has been going on for a long time - Should we give up? Is all hope lost?

I personally think, sadly, she will not be found - I hope I am proved wrong. I pray for her every night, like millions of other people do, but does it help?

Vote in poll whether you think shes alive or not. The poll may sound horrible, thinking shes dead, but its what you think so please give forward your honest answer.

God bless you, and Madeline,
Typo x

:Liam
01-06-2007, 12:48 AM
I hope she gets found, but the chances get slimmer everyday. its been a month nearly. I feel sorry for madeline but not for her parents as who would leave there own 4 year old child alone in england let alone in another country.

I hope she is alive.

sarey
01-06-2007, 12:48 AM
I don't really know, what if she is still alive and they give up, but what if she is dead and they carry on?

*shrugs*

Don't know... she is a sweet cute little girl though. :(

Putal
01-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Hope shes okay.

Hecktix
01-06-2007, 12:49 AM
You say should "we" give up along with many others who talk about "helping Madeliene"

Sorry have you (or anybody else apart from the Emergency services) actually been doing anything?

Things like this annoy the hell out of me, you can't do anything to help this girl, unless you are in the services designated to stuff like that.

No the police shouldn't stop looking, and your poll isnt very good because meh if she's dead it doesnt mean they should stop looking.

I know this may sound rude but it's just my opinion, it shoudnt have even been this publicised, why should people in Britain feel sorry for parents who neglect their child to the point where she gets kidnapped?

indian8132
01-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Invincible, and anyone else annoyed by this, I sincerely apologize. By we, I ment the emergency services and Portugese and British police force.

Once again, I apologize. But, the poll isint if we should give up or not, its if we think shes dead or alive. The parents didnt want to get a portugese babysitter because she wouldnt trust them, I can understand why you dont like that, I mean, I would get a portugese babysitter if I was in portugal, its better than nothing.

Hecktix
01-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Invincible, and anyone else annoyed by this, I sincerely apologize. By we, I ment the emergency services and Portugese and British police force.

Once again, I apologize. But, the poll isint if we should give up or not, its if we think shes dead or alive.

Meh ok.
The girls dead in my opinion.
If they didn't murder her she'd have starved because I doubt they've been looking after her...

indian8132
01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
I think they looked after her, and her wellbeing was fine, but one simple mistake went to this :( Also, what do you think about that person who was in Morrocow and say a girl who looked like Madeline with a man, and the girl was saying to the man "When can I see my mummy?"

I think that wasnt her, must have been mistaken.

Hecktix
01-06-2007, 01:02 AM
I think they looked after her, and her wellbeing was fine, but one simple mistake went to this :( Also, what do you think about that person who was in Morrocow and say a girl who looked like Madeline with a man, and the girl was saying to the man "When can I see my mummy?"

I think that wasnt her, must have been mistaken.

Someone praying for attention?
Wanting the $$$$ reward?

indian8132
01-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Someone praying for attention?
Wanting the $$$$ reward?
Yes, I agree. If it did happen, then more that one person in the whole of Morrocow would have seen it.

PaulMacC
01-06-2007, 01:21 AM
I think she's dead but I hope I'm proved wrong.
It's so unfourtunate that a girl of that age is taken away and never gets to see her family again.
Hopefully they'll find her but I doubt it.

I think if she's still alive she's been out of Portugal along time.

Shawnstra
01-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Dead imo. Its been ages.

edible
01-06-2007, 08:09 AM
No one really knows anything now.

I think she is dead cos it's been too long and im loosing faith in this, but then again I think i'm wrong.
She could be with someone who cant have children and perhaps they're looking after her, feeding her.
Or she could have been sold to someone who cant have children and now maybe they're too scared to come forward.
Or she's with a peadophile and she's being starved, tortured.

I hope she isnt dead, and actually i have been helping kinda?! with vigils and that - by singing cos i'm cool like that!!

hope she's found soon and well.

le harry
01-06-2007, 08:30 AM
shes gone, i dont feel sorry for the whole issue, people go missing every second around the world. its like 180 people go missing an hour in the world or something, its just another statistics. but i hope shes okay.

edible
01-06-2007, 08:49 AM
you've gotta feel sorry for the little girl though?! what she must be going through, missing her parents.

i dont feel sorry for the parents though.

Adam!
01-06-2007, 09:24 AM
I hope shes alive, but im not too sure..

Whoever took her, is sick.. Thats one thing I am sure of.

Never
01-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Wowwww, this is STILL being talked about?!

I thought it'd blown over - they may aswell stop wasting their time.

Tom H
01-06-2007, 09:26 AM
I hope shes still alive. Innocent young child :(

Ekalb
01-06-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm not from the uk but someone on this forum told me she died from aids so why are you still looking for her?

_Liam
01-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I think she's Alive but whats the difference between
Portugese coppers looking for her
and giving up

Nothing.

Browney
01-06-2007, 09:36 AM
First of all, I hope she's alive and I feel so sorry for her. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be snatched away from your parents. I do have some sympathy for the parents because I wouldn't wish this on anyone, regardless.

But, unfortunately, I think it's too late. Even if the kidnapper didn't mean to hurt her, all this press attention could scare the **** out of him and he might go do something drastic. I obviously hope that's not the case but this must have put huge pressure on the kidnapper and some people don't react well to pressure...

Ashley 12344
01-06-2007, 09:36 AM
shes gone, i dont feel sorry for the whole issue, people go missing every second around the world. its like 180 people go missing an hour in the world or something, its just another statistics. but i hope shes okay.

I'm agreed with you 100% there.

Even if shes dead, they should still search. Maybe less, and less publicity though.

shokz
01-06-2007, 03:24 PM
I hope she gets found, but the chances get slimmer everyday. its been a month nearly. I feel sorry for madeline but not for her parents as who would leave there own 4 year old child alone in england let alone in another country.

I hope she is alive.
How the hell is it parents fault?

they were what 100 metres away or something checking up every 20-30 mins

oh topic:

shouldnt give up looking but keep it out of the press/news

its pee'ing me off

i dont WANT it to pee me off but well what makes her so special to all the other children abducted?

CrazyColaist
01-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Dead

we dont even know if he was kidnapped she could of walked out.

and above It was there fault they left her on her own Checking 20 and 30 minutes or not its still there fault.

VPSwow
01-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I think she is alive and hid somewhere far away by now.

Hopefully the kidnapper will come to his senses are return her home safely.

shokz
01-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I think she is alive and hid somewhere far away by now.

Hopefully the kidnapper will come to his senses are return her home safely.
what makes you think its a he who is the kidnapper?

indian8132
01-06-2007, 03:43 PM
what makes you think its a he who is the kidnapper?
I thought there was a woman seen with Madeline, and a man aswell, so I think is both

dannyisnotamazing
01-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Why are you saying "we".
You haven't helped find her, nor has thousands of the other people who are 'supporting'.

Would be nice if she was found for her family but it doesn't matter that much to me but it's been a long time now. I say give up.

indian8132
01-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Like I said in an earlier post, Apologies for saying we, I ment the British and Portugese Emergency Services. Please read earlier posts before commenting.

the wombats
01-06-2007, 03:49 PM

oh topic:

its pee'ing me off

i dont WANT it to pee me off but well what makes her so special to all the other children abducted?

leaving a 3yr old child in an apartment with her 2 twin brothers/sisters why they went and got ******? of course it's the parents fault, it's bad parenting. i think she's still alive.

GommeInc
01-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I blame the parents. They checked back, yes, but they shouldn't of left them at all in a strange country. They either should of got someone to look after them, or took them with them. The media is giving them false hope really "/

Also, no one is helping the situation. Saying you support something is like saying you are eating by sitting by a table with no food near you, and you are pretending to eat. That's about how useful it is.

indian8132
01-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I agree with you who say keep it out of the news, theres MANY MANY MANY people who get abducted and die each day, and only like -1% of it are in the news. I tell my parents when its on the news "It shouldnt always be on the news, theres others aswell you know." and they say its evil if i think like that, they are like "If you were abducted you would want it to be on the news so people know" but its like, we already know and they keep stressing it...

Jordie
01-06-2007, 03:55 PM
i really hate to say it but i cant see her being found and i dont think she is still alive, been missing to long with no trace:(

GommeInc
01-06-2007, 03:56 PM
I tell my parents when its on the news "It shouldnt always be on the news, theres others aswell you know." and they say its evil if i think like that, they are like "If you were abducted you would want it to be on the news so people know" but its like, we already know and they keep stressing it...
Exactly. We know she has been kidnapped/taken/gone missing, we don't need to be reminded, because there is nothing we can do. It is up to the Portuguese police, who are trying to do something. We don't need to be reminded what the parents are going neither. It's like saying I lost my dog and I am off to see the local bishop "/

Jazza
01-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Whenever there is a kidknapping if they don't find them within 3 days they could have gone all round the world. Even if she is alive she will never be found.

bubbles90
01-06-2007, 04:05 PM

oh topic:

its pee'ing me off

how the hell is not her parents fault?
if you turn your back for one second and your child goes missing, that is a mistake. if you repeatedly leave your child night after night in a bedroom setting up a nice little routine for some sick paedophile watching to snatch the child... it's called neglect. they are not responsible parents.
there's only 3 reasons for abduction, and only 1 possible one for madeleine which unfortunately is the worst one. i doubt she's still alive.

DiscoPat
01-06-2007, 04:22 PM
As somone said, it isnt very unlikely that shes alive because its been like nearly a month and however much I hope shes alive I dont think there is much of a chance :(

Sly
01-06-2007, 04:27 PM
lmao "i pray for here every night"

shokz
01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
how the hell is not her parents fault?
if you turn your back for one second and your child goes missing, that is a mistake. if you repeatedly leave your child night after night in a bedroom setting up a nice little routine for some sick paedophile watching to snatch the child... it's called neglect. they are not responsible parents.
there's only 3 reasons for abduction, and only 1 possible one for madeleine which unfortunately is the worst one. i doubt she's still alive.
how have they done in repeatedly? ...

and anyway

I cant believe parents met the pope that is absolute pathetic other people have much more reasons to see the pope ...

indian8132
01-06-2007, 04:39 PM
lmao "i pray for here every night"
Thats right, like millions others, I pray for her every night.

OMGitsaROSS
01-06-2007, 04:40 PM
You say should "we" give up along with many others who talk about "helping Madeliene"

Sorry have you (or anybody else apart from the Emergency services) actually been doing anything?

Things like this annoy the hell out of me, you can't do anything to help this girl, unless you are in the services designated to stuff like that.

No the police shouldn't stop looking, and your poll isnt very good because meh if she's dead it doesnt mean they should stop looking.

I know this may sound rude but it's just my opinion, it shoudnt have even been this publicised, why should people in Britain feel sorry for parents who neglect their child to the point where she gets kidnapped?
ditto + dead

SusieC
01-06-2007, 04:42 PM

I hope she is alive.

Couldn't put it better.

indian8132
01-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Please vote in poll, get more people too aswell, get more accurate results.

hazardous3
01-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Great game idea...

Madeline McCann - Dead or alive

Lol.

bubbles90
01-06-2007, 05:38 PM
how have they done in repeatedly? ...

they didn't just wander off to a restaurant and leave their kids at the apartment the one time, they did it a couple of times before, but were lucky enough for nothing to happen the first few times

Nightrose
01-06-2007, 07:50 PM
People go missing everyday
but because she was young she gets all the news coverage, when her parents could of pevented her going missing in the first place. Theres actually people out there that had actually gone missing due to no fault of their's and they gen no press coverage or anything
it just annoys me the way the parents were so careless and then everyones going oooooooomggggzzzzzzzzzz over it.

Parents fault, they wont find her, shes either half way round the world now or worse chances of her being alive are silm, she could have just walked out and got lost? no one was there.

Cause i think if she had got taken away some one in the apratment block would of seen it, or heared something.

shes probs Dead as its been a long time now and her parents are gonna have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

shokz
01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
well i heard they have found a sixth bit of dna in the apartment

anyway if this was a boy and not a girl it wouldnt be a big thing

indian8132
01-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Could have been a child sex offender who took her, and apparently Gypsies take kids who are fair-haired, dont know why though, might just be rumor..

RedStratocas
01-06-2007, 09:29 PM
She could very well be alive. Last year there was a case in Australia of a girl who was found after 8 years of being missing. She got Stockholm syndrome as well as you'd expect. Kids are very vulnerable to that.

indian8132
01-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Stockholm Syndrome? Why, was she in Sweden for 8 years? :S

Sorry if you dont find it funny but what is Stockholm Syndrome?

RedStratocas
01-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Stockholm Syndrome? Why, was she in Sweden for 8 years? :S

Huh? What are you talking about? I was just siting a different case?

indian8132
01-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Huh? What are you talking about? I was just siting a different case?
Stockholm is the capital of Sweden :P

RedStratocas
01-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Stockholm is the capital of Sweden :P

Stockholm Syndrome is psychological thing where people being held captive become sympathetic to their captors. It happens usually to kids, but can happen to adults.

indian8132
01-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Stockholm Syndrome is psychological thing where people being held captive become sympathetic to their captors. It happens usually to kids, but can happen to adults.
Oooohhhh, but did someone from Sweden find out about it? Thats actually a serious question.

Technologic
01-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Oooohhhh, but did someone from Sweden find out about it? Thats actually a serious question.

I torginates from some people who were held captive in an office in stockholm. They became sympathetic and tried to save their captors

maroon
01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
I think it's too late now, but hopefully she is found.

Fonejacker
01-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Don't know... she is a sweet cute little girl though. :(
hmmm wasnt u was it

Azul
01-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Regarding the ’she was left unsupervised, the parents are to blame’ theories... well, as much as I feel parents should watch over their children as much as possible, you can’t really defend them against someone climbing in through the window and abducting them. There’s no way you can watch over them every minute of every day. That’s such a random occurence. I don’t know the full situation, neither does anyone really, but it’s hard to blame the parents if that’s what happened.

RedStratocas
02-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Regarding the ’she was left unsupervised, the parents are to blame’ theories... well, as much as I feel parents should watch over their children as much as possible, you can’t really defend them against someone climbing in through the window and abducting them. There’s no way you can watch over them every minute of every day. That’s such a random occurence. I don’t know the full situation, neither does anyone really, but it’s hard to blame the parents if that’s what happened.

I feel the same way. People say "they could have prevented it" but you can prevent anything with the right information and knowledge.

GommeInc
02-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I agree that they cannot watch them 24/7, but I still find it silly that they:

Left three young children in a room, with no protection other than locked door.
Did not bother getting someone to look after them. A "nanny" or sitter would of been good.
Did not check everything was locked up. I don't think there was any reports on a broken window or door?
Went out together, and did not bother taking them with them. Yes, they deserve alone time, but in a strange country to them, they should not of left it to chance.

I find it slightly amusing still that they leave the remaining two with relatives. I think the last things those children need are to be abandoned again, while they see some glorified icon who will just say "God is with you" and leave it like that "/

hadouken!
02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
I'll put it simply. She's either coming back in a bag or not at all. They would have killed her by now to save their own skin.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!