PDA

View Full Version : New2old

Ini
01-06-2007, 08:05 PM
hey, i have recently decided to start my new site, you may have heard of it it's going to be new-to-old.com

The site will be streaming full length movies for everyone to watch, on there computer.

The domain suits the site as it will be showing all up to date movies aswell as older movies (not to old :P)

It will include, members area where users can request movies they would like to watch, there will also be a chance for a piad subscription, where you will be able to download the movies to your computer.

I will be needing staff, Admin's to help run the site, Movie testers to check on the quality of the movie, how fast it streams etc. I will also be needing people to upload movies for viewers too watch.

I will also being adding Adverts to the site for a chance to get viewers back to there site.

When the site is up and running i will let you no more, i hope to get atleast 10 movies on the site before i decide to open it.

Thanks to George (ozzie) for all your help with the player and graphics and you will get extra permissions on the site when its up.

Ad's on the site will to help towards keeping the site running.

Thanks

Oni
01-06-2007, 08:07 PM
hey, i have recently decided to start my new site, you may have heard of it it's going to be new-to-old.com

The site will be streaming full length movies for everyone to watch, on there computer.

The domain suits the site as it will be showing all up to date movies aswell as older movies (not to old :P)

It will include, members area where users can request movies they would like to watch, there will also be a chance for a piad subscription, where you will be able to download the movies to your computer.

I will be needing staff, Admin's to help run the site, Movie testers to check on the quality of the movie, how fast it streams etc. I will also be needing people to upload movies for viewers too watch.

I will also being adding Adverts to the site for a chance to get viewers back to there site.

When the site is up and running i will let you no more, i hope to get atleast 10 movies on the site before i decide to open it.

Thanks to George (ozzie) for all your help with the player and graphics and you will get extra permissions on the site when its up.

Ad's on the site will to help towards keeping the site running.

Thanks
HA HA HA, I get a special mention.

:Liam
01-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Is this going to be run legally?

Invent
01-06-2007, 08:13 PM
If its popular shows/films, it can't be legal without the broadcasters permission.

Ini
01-06-2007, 08:17 PM
It is not really legal, but with the right t+c i guess i should be able to run it.

Anyway there are loads of like ilegall sites out there which people use.

Invent
01-06-2007, 08:19 PM
There is no t&c which can make it legal.

Like retro's, they have disclaimers but they aren't valid.

Ini
01-06-2007, 08:26 PM
There is no t&c which can make it legal.

Like retro's, they have disclaimers but they aren't valid.

Maybee so but even if it was to run illegally aslong as it wasn't reported it should be successful..

Oni
01-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Tv-Links is highly illegal and breaks about every rule you can but they just host them on different sites.

Ini
01-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Tv-Links is highly illegal and breaks about every rule you can but they just host them on different sites.

which is exactly what im doing ;]

Just out of interest how many of you would use this site?

Splinter
01-06-2007, 10:12 PM
No T&C can get you out of copyright legislation and proprietary ownership. You cant just write.

Ye so I made all these programs and if you think the BBC did then your ******* wrong cos I blatantly made Little Britain

Get real.

Ini
01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I never said i was going to say that.. its blaintanly obvious that i didn't if i did then i wouldn't be on here right now id be out spending all the money i made.

by t+c i meant like writing stuff about the people associated with the film are not to enter.. maybee it wouldn't work.

but aslong as the site wasn't reported then they wouldn't no about it..

Luckyrare
01-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I will if it beats tv-links although I tend to just download them in torrents to get good quality on programs/movies.

Ini
01-06-2007, 11:38 PM
I will if it beats tv-links although I tend to just download them in torrents to get good quality on programs/movies.

It wont go to another site, the videos will be uploaded and then played on new2old

thanks

redtom
01-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Don't host the actual movies on your site only the players that way you don't actualy have the movies then selfs and your site is not broadcasting them it's some other site.

I was going to do somthing like this (got the idea from tv-links) but I just canrt seem to make the right type of layout for it, I'll probabley end up with some ****** one :(

Ini
02-06-2007, 12:03 AM
lol, yeh i no i aint guna waste the web space putting them on my host :P

http://35m.org/site
http://35m.org/videos

heres a test link ;]

adamFTW
02-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Seems like a cool idea. But you may have some troubles with the law.

Ini
02-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Seems like a cool idea. But you may have some troubles with the law.

Not if they dont find out :P

Splinter
02-06-2007, 07:49 AM
I never said i was going to say that.. its blaintanly obvious that i didn't if i did then i wouldn't be on here right now id be out spending all the money i made.

by t+c i meant like writing stuff about the people associated with the film are not to enter.. maybee it wouldn't work.

but aslong as the site wasn't reported then they wouldn't no about it..
HAHAHA! You cant upload illegal content and then say the owners cant enter. ****.

MR.H.SHAHZAD
02-06-2007, 08:08 AM
randomer I would use it I am currently a moderator at peekvid.com and I also want a job as a admin at new-to-old.com

Ini
02-06-2007, 02:05 PM
randomer I would use it I am currently a moderator at peekvid.com and I also want a job as a admin at new-to-old.com

I would need to make sure you have experience, plus i still need a system coded, asked simon and he's busy

Mentor
02-06-2007, 05:44 PM

Tv-links is legal, in much the same way as somthing like Piratesbay is legal. They idea is the simply base themselves in a country with copyright law which will allow them to function on the basis they dont host the illegal content themselves.
Tv-links as its name suggests is only a database of links to video footage contained on public video sites, youtube, veoh, google video etc etc. The origanal uploaders useually remain safe, they just loose there account and the contents deleted when found. Tv-links itself remains safe since it only linked to a webpage containing the illegal video, as opposed to hosting it itself.
Which in most countarys is legal to do.

Pirates bay has to be more picking in location becuse ledgistaion on what counts as linking to and what counts as hosting changes the legalty of hosting torrents countary to countary.

Ini
02-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Tv-links is legal, in much the same way as somthing like Piratesbay is legal. They idea is the simply base themselves in a country with copyright law which will allow them to function on the basis they dont host the illegal content themselves.
Tv-links as its name suggests is only a database of links to video footage contained on public video sites, youtube, veoh, google video etc etc. The origanal uploaders useually remain safe, they just loose there account and the contents deleted when found. Tv-links itself remains safe since it only linked to a webpage containing the illegal video, as opposed to hosting it itself.
Which in most countarys is legal to do.

Pirates bay has to be more picking in location becuse ledgistaion on what counts as linking to and what counts as hosting changes the legalty of hosting torrents countary to countary.

So what about this project

The files will hosted on another site and i will be linking the video to the site, using embed tags.. so that the video will play on my site, but not actully be hosted there.

Mentor
02-06-2007, 05:56 PM
So what about this project

The files will hosted on another site and i will be linking the video to the site, using embed tags.. so that the video will play on my site, but not actully be hosted there.

I duno, the US and UK have some of the tightest copyright laws about, most sites with questionable legaly head of to places like sweedon etc where copyright laws are far more relaxed comparatively. "/ Although i dont know the law well enough to say weather this is considered legal or not when done in the UK "/

Luckyrare
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes, if your planning on hosting your own files you would be best with a server in these countrys: Russa, Netherlands, Finland, Canada (although I am pretty sure they have tighted up)

Ini
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I duno, the US and UK have some of the tightest copyright laws about, most sites with questionable legaly head of to places like sweedon etc where copyright laws are far more relaxed comparatively. "/ Although i dont know the law well enough to say weather this is considered legal or not when done in the UK "/

I'll ask a lawyer ;]

Sygon..
02-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Thats the joy of offshore servers.

VPSwow
02-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Hmm sounds a cool idea, i would work for you :D

Pm me if you want...

Ini
02-06-2007, 10:02 PM
PM'd ;]

Ini
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Ok New2old is on it's way.

The main site is not up yet, but i have added the first movie.

Site: http://35m.org/site/

Movie: http://35m.org/site/?view=lmovies

Click comedy and then the film link.

Tell me what you think please. ;]

Oni
07-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Ace, works well but id add my bg on the layout.

Ini
07-06-2007, 03:46 PM
What bg?

Oni
07-06-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.****************/uploads/b7714034e7.png (http://www.****************)
Save it and set it as repeat x

Ini
07-06-2007, 04:35 PM
ahh ok ty ;]

The colors are wrong in IE ;l

but look fine in ff

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!