very hot

abnormal
01-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Very posh & tres chic.

;)
<3 Nice work!

Mr.OSH
01-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Looks very nice I like the colours and general positioning of the layout. Well Done! :D

Highjacker-x
01-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Yay :]

Its still a WIP, Anyone got any ideas for it? :]

Quick Poll: Would you buy it (If you can imagine it finished)

:)

Thanks guys, x

craigg.
01-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Hello Highjacker-x,

I would firstly like to congratulate you on become a website designer, and I have previewed some of your creations, and I would just like to say welcome to the world of website development.

Although this is a very nice Habbo layout, I would like to give you some C&C. The first thing would be that the boxes, on the left, are the wrong colour, I personally belive. Orange and blue don't really go, and they don't exactly flow with the theme of the layout as such. For example, if you look at the website on the whole, there's nothing which coincides with orange, except the sun maybe, which is not displayed on the background. However, a better choich of colour would be a shade of green, blue etc. as this flows with the background of your design.

I can see why you chose an orange colour, to contrast with the two shades of blue, but I personally think that a light green could do that just as easy, and it would split the diference with the background and the body.

My second point would be the shadowing. If you are going to use shadowing, please use it consistantly. I see you used it in the banner, but you havn't used it else where, which seperates the header from the rest and not giving much depth to your design. I can see you have thought about your shadowing on your banner, or it may have been a coincidence, but you have followed the theme of the background, as in the background, the sun source is above, as the tree's shaddows are directly below, as with your banner shaddow.

Last, but not least, your navigation. It looks wrong, in sence. The reason it looks wrong is that the blue is nice a light, yet you are struck by the arrows. I believe it should be the opposit way around, so you are drawn to the name of the navigation and not an image.

However, I wish you all the best in your future designs and projects.
Kind regards,
Craig Embleton.

Ini
01-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Love it well done

Highjacker-x
01-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks Randomer,

Craig, I Love all those tips you gave me there.

However, I Do ALLL My layouts in paint. I posted one back maybe on about the 5th page of the category now, that was done in paint aswell, ALL My designs come from MS Paint.

Thanks,
Sam Millar

Luckyrare
01-06-2007, 11:21 PM
If your planning on selling your work, you need to sell them with a psd to get a decent value. Download Photoshop or Fireworks and try designing the design in there.

Ini
01-06-2007, 11:54 PM
If your planning on selling your work, you need to sell them with a psd to get a decent value. Download Photoshop or Fireworks and try designing the design in there.

I second that

and i lol'ed at the watermark 'DEMO'

Highjacker-x
02-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Lol ;P

Danny, I have photoshop, I Just think its pretty complicated, and i only got like 10 days left on it, But ill make a PSD. :]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!