PDA

View Full Version : Fansite Guide

.Suzu.
02-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi there!
Thinking of making your very own Habbo Fansite? Want it to be a success?
Here's a few things you may want to keep in mind:

Things to Remember:
Making a Fansite is no easy task. It requires a lot of work and dedication, and if you want it to be a success- a bit of money!
If you aren't an experienced coder, and you don't want to be stuck with a free template which thousands of other people are using, then I advise that you hire a coder!
That way you can have your site exactly how you want it!
The thing to concentrate on is getting your site out there (putting on the net).
So, rather than spending months trying to add a radio, a forum, rare values- the whole shidazzle start simple! There's always time for improvements!

Content:
Content is perhaps the most important aspect of the fansite, and if you want consistent viewers, then you've got to make sure the content is nice and interesting!
Things like up-to-date trade values will keep people coming back... it's the same with radio and goodies, these are things people enjoy and will keep coming back to look at!
Remember when adding your content, it's good to have something different! Because, if someone can already go to a potentially better site for the same thing, there's no need to re-visit yours!

Layout/Graphics:
The layout and images you use on your site are very important!
When people view sites, they like to see interesting pictures (ones that they haven't seen before). This gives your site a bit of 'personality'. If your site is going to be themed- for example www.habbomic.com (http://www.habbomic.com), you would add images based on microphones, speakers etc...
When it comes to the layout of your site (especially Habbo Fansites), it is to make sure it is neat, unique and easy to navigate!

The name:
The name of your site is more important than many may think!
No one is going to want to visit a site with the name www.habtolive.freewebs.com (http://www.habtolive.freewebs.com)!
If you want your site to go anywhere, you are going to need a domain and an easy/catchy name!

When Recruiting...:
The staff you hire for your site is very important!
Those you hire need to be helpful, co-operative, and of course skilled!
If you hire a dodgey News Reporter who is constantly making silly grammatical errors, and who's articles sound like a load of poop, no one will be coming back to read what your site has to say about the News- are they?
Therefore, when recruiting News Reporters, get them to add a little article... that way, you can get a taste of their style!
The same goes for DJ's, Rare Reporters and any other staff, they need to do well in order for your site to do well!

To sum it all up...:
To sum it all up... the most important things to consider when creating/running your site are:

Content- making sure it is always up-to-date, interesting and original!
Layout/graphics- remember: Unique, clever and interesting!
The name- a registered domain is highly recommended, and it needs to be catchy!
Staff- your staff should always be talented, co-operative and helpful!So there you have it... the most important things to remember when creating your little master-piece!
Questions? Don't hesitate to send me a p/m
:D

Edited by Tomm (Forum Moderator): Thread closed due to bump.

Mashi
02-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Very good Promotion In The Air

.Suzu.
02-06-2007, 09:09 AM
:]
Thanks.
I thought the section needed a little guide!
:)

Mashi
02-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Well I +Rep'D U And Promotion Might Hit You

Aces
02-06-2007, 09:11 AM
That's a very good guide, thanks for taking time to make it.
+REP.

.Suzu.
02-06-2007, 09:16 AM
That's a very good guide, thanks for taking time to make it.
+REP.
Thankyou, as long as it helps some people!
I'd return REP if i could :O

Habickle
02-06-2007, 10:04 AM
i like the guide :D
+rep

.Suzu.
02-06-2007, 10:16 AM
i like the guide :D
+rep
Oh- im touched. 3 posts and everything.. >;D

Blob
02-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Well I +Rep'D U And Promotion Might Hit You

Stop Raping The Shift Key

Its a good guide, well done.

Jamieb
02-06-2007, 11:04 AM
V good Plus rep

.Suzu.
02-06-2007, 11:52 AM
V good Plus rep
Thanks ;)
Returned

Anything I should've added to it?

pixelartist4lif
02-06-2007, 09:25 PM
can you make me a site?ill buy the domain and pay u in habbo uk

.Suzu.
02-06-2007, 10:32 PM
can you make me a site?ill buy the domain and pay u in habbo uk
I can't code to save my life!
:(

ScottDiamond
02-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I bet if you made a fansite, it would be a failure.

Nice attempt, but rubbish guide. Everything just seems to be.. wrong. :S +Rep for the attempt anyway.

Lilian
02-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I bet if you made a fansite, it would be a failure.

Nice attempt, but rubbish guide. Everything just seems to be.. wrong. :S +Rep for the attempt anyway.

I have to agree. Nice attemp and everything.

But you said
The layout and images you use on your site are very important! I don't believe image is important. Its what you provide for the community at the end of the day. Image isnt everything. Ok yes a good looking template would go very well, but people want to learn something new from your content such as Guides not from images.

Also in the content bit. You don't suggest "What sort of content" to provide which would be a good idea to do for new people who want a site.

You also adviser them to hire a coder. Well that way themselfs aren't going to learn anything from the site their "Coder" is building. You should provide some tutorial sites which could be helpful and learn from. Ok for some parts higher a coder but not all of it otherwise your not gaining the experience. And experience is a great thing to have.

As I said nice kind. But some areas of it need improving instead of stating the obvious.

.Suzu.
02-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Layout is important.
For a bunch of teens- image is everything ;)
Layout is very imortant. With a crappy layout people won't hang around.
And if u cant navigate around the site, as if people will be revisiting!
And i did suggest things you should add in your content :]
Oh well, i thankyou for your feed back and for not lashing out and -rep me like 100 times ;]

Lilian
02-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Layout is important.
For a bunch of teens- image is everything ;)
Layout is very imortant. With a crappy layout people won't hang around.
And if u cant navigate around the site, as if people will be revisiting!
And i did suggest things you should add in your content :]
Oh well, i thankyou for your feed back and for not lashing out and -rep me like 100 times ;]

I wouldn't -Rep you for making a helpful guide!

Im just suggesting some feedback :) Its still a nice guide just needs a few things changing :)

.Suzu.
03-06-2007, 03:09 AM
I wouldn't -Rep you for making a helpful guide!

Im just suggesting some feedback :) Its still a nice guide just needs a few things changing :)
;o its good to know some people aren't so reckless when distributing -rep
:D

Invent
03-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Tbh I think the layout is one of the CORE features of a fansite.

For example, my site Habbo-Paper.co.uk (official fansite) was getting a lot of hits and had some alright content. I then re-designed the site and gave it a nice template and it's got hundreds more hits.

Templates grab users and make them interested in the website.

.Suzu.
03-06-2007, 08:22 AM

For example, my site Habbo-Paper.co.uk (official fansite) was getting a lot of hits and had some alright content. I then re-designed the site and gave it a nice template and it's got hundreds more hits.

Exactly my thoughts ;]

Xarea
03-06-2007, 08:24 AM
I have to agree. Nice attemp and everything.

But you said I don't believe image is important. Its what you provide for the community at the end of the day. Image isnt everything. Ok yes a good looking template would go very well, but people want to learn something new from your content such as Guides not from images.

Also in the content bit. You don't suggest "What sort of content" to provide which would be a good idea to do for new people who want a site.

You also adviser them to hire a coder. Well that way themselfs aren't going to learn anything from the site their "Coder" is building. You should provide some tutorial sites which could be helpful and learn from. Ok for some parts higher a coder but not all of it otherwise your not gaining the experience. And experience is a great thing to have.

As I said nice kind. But some areas of it need improving instead of stating the obvious.

I totally agree.

Lilian
03-06-2007, 09:18 AM

Yes obviously its one of the main features and it is nice to have a good quality template. But she made out the layout was more important than content.

If you had a good quality template but with no cotent whats the point in the site?

Aflux
03-06-2007, 09:21 AM

Depends on the person.

Good guide, +Rep!

ScottDiamond
03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
RadioHabbo.com - their layout was baaad, but, they got thousands of hits.

VPSwow
03-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Very nice guide :D

.Suzu.
04-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Very nice guide :D
:D Thanks!

Mashi
04-06-2007, 08:55 PM
U hav excelled ur self :P

.Suzu.
05-10-2007, 09:37 PM
:) Guides... what fun

Edited by Tomm (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump old threads.

Puma
05-10-2007, 09:43 PM
nice guide.. =D

headboard
05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Nice if you wrote it yourself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!