PDA

View Full Version : Completing a game

PaulMacC
02-06-2007, 12:37 PM
When you complete a game do you have to complete it 100% or do you just want to complete the storyline.

For example

In Pokémon you have to beat the elite 4 that's the storyline completed but do you go on and train you pokémon to level 100 and go to the battle tower etc.

I have an urge to do it, In my Kirby's Adventure for Virtual Console I beat the storyline but it only said 87% completed so I went through it again and collected every star and beat every enemy.

What's yours ?

Kardan
02-06-2007, 12:40 PM
When you complete a game do you have to complete it 100% or do you just want to complete the storyline.

For example

In Pokémon you have to beat the elite 4 that's the storyline completed but do you go on and train you pokémon to level 100 and go to the battle tower etc.

I have an urge to do it, In my Kirby's Adventure for Virtual Console I beat the storyline but it only said 87% completed so I went through it again and collected every star and beat every enemy.

What's yours ?

Depends what type of game it is really.
If it's something like Pokemon, than the answer would be no :P
But Super Mario 64, then yes ^^

PaulMacC
02-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Pokémon was just an example, I mean getting 100% in a game

Energizer
02-06-2007, 01:04 PM
When I used to play pokemon, I trained a lot of pokemon up to lvl100, I beat the elite loads in gold.

I like to try and get 100% in gta, tomb raider, nfs, etc.

but games like mario then i just cba.

Kardan
02-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Pokémon was just an example, I mean getting 100% in a game

I do 100% depending on how much time I have, and how long it will take to get 100%

Neil
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I do 100% if I think it wont waste my time, I 100% oblivion the other day by buying the latest expansion pack and completing it, the only problem is there's no way to tell if you really did 100% it because of all the side quests and stuff, I try to 100% GTA, but I've only ever got 100% legitly on GTA:LCS on PSP with pokemon I do as much as I can, after a while I get bored of it, I prefer to have a game that takes a long time to complete, that has a huge story and lots of interesting things to do, oblivion kept me busy for a week, at the end of the week I had completed the main quest, all the guilds and the knights of nine and that's all there is to the game

Breakfloor
02-06-2007, 01:41 PM
lego star wars sucked. complete the story line your ONLY 41% through. so.. no.

Neversoft
02-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Completeing pokemon would be beating the Elite Four, getting a gold trainer card, complete the pokedex, etc. To complete a game you have to do everything. Thats what complete means.

com-plete
–adjective
1. having all parts or elements; lacking nothing; whole; entire; full. :P

I'd say it's the same in every game. To complete it, you have to do everything.

I do as much as I can in a game, but very rarely do everything. :(

reindeer.
05-06-2007, 07:34 PM
if i actually can be bothered to complete a storyline thats where i leave it at. i see no fun in redoing and redoing over and over again for 100% status. I;d rather be halfway into another game tbh.

PaulMacC
05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I've got 99% in Zelda and the other 1% is battling Gannon but when you battle him after you cant save so you have to start from your last starting point, I've beat Gannon like 10 times.

Neversoft
05-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I've got 99% in Zelda and the other 1% is battling Gannon but when you battle him after you cant save so you have to start from your last starting point, I've beat Gannon like 10 times.

Well in a position like that I'd say you've got 100% since you have beaten him.

Neil
05-06-2007, 09:57 PM

Just like with Saints Row, you can't really get 100% because you're character supposedly dies in an explosion on a boat so you can't save it and you're stuck with a stupid mission marker and 35/36 (I think) missions completed

Hoodstar
05-06-2007, 11:14 PM
I attempt to try & 100% games.. but that's only if I got nothing else to do.. NFS-C is the latest game of 100%'d.. but that was 3 months ago lol.

Simmzay
05-06-2007, 11:42 PM
I refuse to 100% a game. The only time I have is with games that are worth it, like Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie.

As for Zelda, all 50 skulltallas? All heart pieces? It's not easy.

summer
06-06-2007, 06:50 AM
I do if it seems like it'll be worth it (or you get an X360 achievement for it :P). Normally with games like GTA I'll at least try.

Pyroka
06-06-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm trying to do Oblivion 100% by getting all the Daedric artifacts, Nimroots etc. and finish all the sidequests. For the sidequests I'll just get a walkthrough on what I have and haven't done. At the moment I'm closing the city gates so all the cities can help Bruma... It's pretty fun without the expansion! :P Any other game I play, I try to enjoy it rather than complete it.

Neil
06-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm trying to do Oblivion 100% by getting all the Daedric artifacts, Nimroots etc. and finish all the sidequests. For the sidequests I'll just get a walkthrough on what I have and haven't done. At the moment I'm closing the city gates so all the cities can help Bruma... It's pretty fun without the expansion! :P Any other game I play, I try to enjoy it rather than complete it.

You don't need to shut any of the gates, you can if you want and it might be easier but it's not nessercary, I didn't shut any and only used the default guys :P

Pyroka
06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh I enjoy shutting the gates, you get the orbs from each gate which lets you charm different things so they're really worth it. I've closed 5/6 so far but I'm going to try and close all 16... I think there's 16 anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!