PDA

View Full Version : HabboGlobal >> Official UK Forum

Lilian
03-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Hmmmm

Not sure if posted but HabboGlobal has now been added to the Official UK Forum page.

http://www.habbo.co.uk/community/fansites/habbo_forum.html

Sorry if old.

Aflux
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Threads: 223, Posts: 1,889, Members: 125, Active Members: 88

What the hell?

It hasn't even got a Habbo skin fgs.

GommeInc
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
And it's official because...

Lilian
03-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Its part of HabboFM I think. The owners of HabboFM built the forum. They did have a Habbo skin when it opened not sure what happened to it.

OWNAGE
03-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I think it's official due to the radio site... I'm unsure, it's hardly active!

Colin-Roberts
03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
it's replacing habbofm.co.uk i believe

Lilian
03-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Im not sure myself why they have spent more money on a forum not related to there own site. When they could make it HabboFM forum. Its not like HabboFM are that active as a fansite anyway.

CrazyColaist
03-06-2007, 07:21 PM
What the hell?

It hasn't even got a Habbo skin fgs.

Forums need habbo skins?

I never knew that.

:Jamie
03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Dead comes to mind.

dannyisnotamazing
03-06-2007, 07:24 PM
What the hell? :S
It's not even popular. :/

Threads: 223, Posts: 1,890, Members: 126, Active Members: 89
Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 22

Lilian
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
I think its because the owners of HabboFM made it and own it.

GommeInc
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I think it should be voted in, not just added for the sake of some fansite not many people care about "/

Astrayed
03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
HabboFm was succesful back in the day and I listened and enjoyed it. Then their Summer party came along and it went down hill from there.

Also it should be decided to be put on the fansite list or not by the habbo users (Us).

Aflux
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Forums need habbo skins?

I never knew that.
Errrrr, Habbo forums might do?

Use your noggin.

KnuxIBF
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Im not sure myself why they have spent more money on a forum not related to there own site. When they could make it HabboFM forum. Its not like HabboFM are that active as a fansite anyway.

HabboFM used to have a forum, but that was less active than HabboGlobal *should know - I was an assistant admin there* and yes, HabboFM is not very popular at the moment, but you never know what'll happen :]

Dentafrice,
03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
HabboFM was good back in the day, it was awesome. One of the best sites to visit.

So was Habrad.

The best was always the NamstaiFM days.

Invent
03-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Was NamstaiFM the Radio with the massive background with like a city and stuff? ;s

Barmi
03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Was NamstaiFM the Radio with the massive background with like a city and stuff? ;sNamistaiFM was renamed to HotelViewFM and got the really fancy layouts, yeah. :) The last fansite I DJ'd for was HotelViewFM when it closed around Halloween 05. :(

On topic: I find it odd how a fansite can change their official status to another site on a whim. HabboFM was voted official, but HabboGlobal wasn't. I don't mind with the fansites that just "rebrand" or change their name, but I just think it's a bit dodgy.. :s

Edit: Wow Invent, thanks for that! I didn't know it was back.

Invent
03-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't mind name changes, but how can it be allowed for a fansite take a whole new approach?

I mean, a site may be good providing a radio, but it could suck offering a forum community.

EDIT: ;o! NamstaiFM is open.

Antony
03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
" We don't have the time to do everything ourselves! "

Why own a Habbo fansite then?

today
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
its ugly :\

PaulMacC
03-06-2007, 09:28 PM
It's too plain.

today
03-06-2007, 09:33 PM
any bets on them closing within a month?

PenguinFluid
03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
any bets on them closing within a month?
lol yep

Habbofm have deicded to have that forum official instead of there radio site

BAD MOVE

Dentafrice,
03-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow its open! :O (Namistai that is)

Kieeran
04-06-2007, 12:10 AM
And it's official because...

It says Formerly HabboFM

DJ-Vimto
04-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Ok, as the HabboFM Assistant Manager/HabboGlobal Manager let me clear up a few things....

Admittedly HabboFM hasn't been doing that well in recent months, the biggest cause is down to the majority of the DJs either going AWOL or just losing interest and becoming inactive, as a result the radio was offline more than it ought to be, which in turn lead to a decline in visitors, hence why its currently not that popular.

Due to the fact that Mike and Dave both have work/school committments they no longer have the time that they used to for making regular updates to HabboFM, which is the main reason why there isn't a great deal of actual content on the current layout. This might change soon, I really don't know for sure.

I've been reading through what people have had to say, and I've seen a few negative comments so far, mainly posts saying that HabboGlobal shouldn't be official and what not...

It was decided that instead of keeping HabboFM Official and running HabboGlobal as a sub-site forum, we should change the official status over to HabboGlobal and keep HabboFM as the add-on radio for people to tune into.

Now then, with regards to the popularity of HabboGlobal, it has only been open a couple of weeks, and personally I think it is doing well so far. As a lot of you will know, you can't expect a forum to have hundreds of members within the first few days/weeks of it opening.

I know the skin is a bit plain, and originally we had a proper Habbo skin, however during an upgrade a number of images got lost, and we couldn't recover them, so we are using the current skin untill we can find a suitable Habbo skin to use. Anyone thats interested in making us a skin should email [email protected].

Let me make something clear, despite changing the official status over to HabboGlobal, this does not mean that we are going to be closing HabboFM, it will still be kept operating as normal.

I think thats all I can say right now...

oh, one more thing, the HabboFM Summer Party 2007 will be taking place on the 30th June, starting at 10:30AM. I can't be bothered posting all the information about it, so you will have to go on the site to read for yourself :P

Liz♥
04-06-2007, 06:05 AM
I think it should be voted in, not just added for the sake of some fansite not many people care about "/

HabboFM has been changed to a forum, like thehabbos came from habbomania.

Also, they proably only just recently made the forum, don't expect it to be instantly popular when not many people know about it till now.

Didn't see the post above, my bad :P

efq
04-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I dont mind it.. Like joining early into new fansite forums.

Shawnstra
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
As some people has pointed out, it might be a new forum replacing HabboFM, hence its low statistics.

DJ-Vimto
04-06-2007, 03:38 PM
As some people has pointed out, it might be a new forum replacing HabboFM, hence its low statistics.

did you not think to read my post before repeating what was already said?

as for those saying they dont like it and its crap etc...

the management can't read minds you know, if you think something about the site/forum needs improving/changing then you need to tell us! we can't make improvements and changes by assuming what people what.

without feedback and suggestions, releasing new versions are pointless.

if there IS something you would do to change/improve HabboFM and/or HabboGlobal then please PM me, or send myself or mike an email

me - [email protected]
mike - [email protected]

maybe with some good suggestions we can make both sites into ones that people like and will visit regularly

Dentafrice,
04-06-2007, 04:15 PM
did you not think to read my post before repeating what was already said?

as for those saying they dont like it and its crap etc...

the management can't read minds you know, if you think something about the site/forum needs improving/changing then you need to tell us! we can't make improvements and changes by assuming what people what.

without feedback and suggestions, releasing new versions are pointless.

if there IS something you would do to change/improve HabboFM and/or HabboGlobal then please PM me, or send myself or mike an email

me - [email protected]
mike - [email protected]

maybe with some good suggestions we can make both sites into ones that people like and will visit regularly
I CBA to e-mail you.

A radio thats actually on.

DJ-Vimto
04-06-2007, 06:08 PM
the radio is online more than it used to be, i admit its not online as often as i would like it to be, but that can't be helped when a lot of the DJs have GCSEs etc to revise for, and to be honest i would rather have them focus more on their studies than wasting the time that they could be spending revising on Habbo

Mystifo
04-06-2007, 08:28 PM
the radio is online more than it used to be, i admit its not online as often as i would like it to be, but that can't be helped when a lot of the DJs have GCSEs etc to revise for, and to be honest i would rather have them focus more on their studies than wasting the time that they could be spending revising on Habbo

Make your DJs DJ, They have a job on your site and can do atleast an hour during a week, A break from revising is always good and to often it is used for an excuse just because they cba, tell them DJ or fired, Always works ;)

DJ-Vimto
05-06-2007, 02:22 PM
i did wonder why half your staff sent DJ applications in....

Diesel
05-06-2007, 03:54 PM
i did wonder why half your staff sent DJ applications in....

Silly comment to be honest, considering there is no way you know which staff were from BobbleFM? ;l The Staff list is not up-to-date.

DJ-Vimto
05-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Silly comment to be honest, considering there is no way you know which staff were from BobbleFM? ;l The Staff list is not up-to-date.

that doesnt mean that i can't find out where they work or have worked

KnuxIBF
05-06-2007, 06:05 PM
The best was always the NamstaiFM days.

Was NamstaiFM the Radio with the massive background with like a city and stuff? ;s

NamistaiFM was renamed to HotelViewFM and got the really fancy layouts, yeah. :) The last fansite I DJ'd for was HotelViewFM when it closed around Halloween 05. :(

Woop. Reppin' the ex-HVFM/NFM crew XDDD [first job was there] xDD

and Don't bully Paul/DJ-Vimto xD He stands up for his site. Only I can Bully Paul xD

and I'm all for HabboGlobal - it was more active than HFM Forum xD

Diesel
05-06-2007, 06:24 PM
that doesnt mean that i can't find out where they work or have worked

kk give me a list, then i'll listen to your comments :]

KnuxIBF
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
kk give me a list, then i'll listen to your comments :]

In the apps, it always asks for previous experience, so this'll be where it's from :]

DJ-Vimto
05-06-2007, 08:38 PM
In the apps, it always asks for previous experience, so this'll be where it's from :]

not everyone tells the truth on that part of the application. which is why for most of them i check on either the fansites themselves, or i ask around.

@ Diesel.... would you in my position want to go through nearly 400 applications for the sake of posting who has worked for a particular site?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!