PDA

View Full Version : [XBOX 360] Spiderman 3

PappaLou
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Got it y'day from eBay, factory wrapped and has that new smell most games have :D mint game, well recommended, anyone got it?

Neil
03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I rented it, good at first but gets boring fast :P

Dan
03-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I have it, i just keep swinging around all the time atm, tis fun :P

You
03-06-2007, 08:50 PM
I might get it :)

Energizer
03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
I might get it if I find it cheap :)

You
03-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I was buying it off of ebay, £20 for it with £4.99 P&P but the seller added another £4.99 charge for VAT :l

Neil
03-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I was buying it off of ebay, £20 for it with £4.99 P&P but the seller added another £4.99 charge for VAT :l

Get a pre-owned from GAME or something lol

You
03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Get a pre-owned from GAME or something lol
Game here is a rip off, seriously; £214 for a pre-owned XBOX 360 full system and there is only a few £ different between pre-owned and brand new. (I saw a pre-owned Saints row for £22.99 when a brand new was £25.99)

Neil
03-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Game here is a rip off, seriously; £214 for a pre-owned XBOX 360 full system and there is only a few £ different between pre-owned and brand new. (I saw a pre-owned Saints row for £22.99 when a brand new was £25.99)

Yea but it's better getting a pre-owned version from GAME which is probably like £27 or something than to spend £30 on it and have to wait a few days before you even get it

You
03-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Yea but it's better getting a pre-owned version from GAME which is probably like £27 or something than to spend £30 on it and have to wait a few days before you even get it
True but if its going to be brand new from the sender, i would wait :P

Neil
03-06-2007, 10:18 PM
True but if its going to be brand new from the sender, i would wait :P

Hm, I guess that is a pretty good deal for a brand new 360 game, I'm waiting on getting Guitar Hero 2 atm :P

You
03-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Hm, I guess that is a pretty good deal for a brand new 360 game, I'm waiting on getting Guitar Hero 2 atm :P
Awesome :P what do you actually have to do with that game?

Also, i love your sig :P:P

Sly
04-06-2007, 06:29 AM
I got it for sumet like 21 pound.
It kept crashing though so i braught it back and they gave me a brand new one :D
Not opened it out of its packet yet though.

Nick-
04-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Got it a while ago and I am a huge fan of Marvel games (although Ult Alliance wasnt all that great) The swinging around the city is great fun, could spend ages doing that and be quite entertained. The combat scenes need a bit of development work but it looks as if Sony forced Treyarch to release the game on the same day as the film which meant they had to rush the game quite quickly and had to omit a lot of the next gen graphic finishing touches.
This is most evident in the combat scenes, theyre not too well thought out and the enemies tend to attack you 1 by 1 unless you find a large group of them. Boss battles are great fun though, not too challenging and not too easy at the same time (especially the final venom battle, that was a little tricky).
The main problem with this game though is the camera angle, although it cant really be avoided considering that youre climbing up walls at very close proximity. A lot of the time the reason that you fail a boss fight or mess up beating up a bunch of random gang members is because the camera angle wont show you where youre supposed to be.
Other than that I loved this game, once i got hold of the black suit i was well away, its so much more powerful and has access to a lot more moves + rage mode :D Favourite boss battle would probably be venom, lasted a fairly long time and had plenty of nice button sequences to mash through or the battle with sandman in the sewer (the first time you experience the sheer power of the black suit). Its fun to push him in front of trains and watch him get trampled. :P

Neil
04-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Got it a while ago and I am a huge fan of Marvel games (although Ult Alliance wasnt all that great) The swinging around the city is great fun, could spend ages doing that and be quite entertained. The combat scenes need a bit of development work but it looks as if Sony forced Treyarch to release the game on the same day as the film which meant they had to rush the game quite quickly and had to omit a lot of the next gen graphic finishing touches.
This is most evident in the combat scenes, theyre not too well thought out and the enemies tend to attack you 1 by 1 unless you find a large group of them. Boss battles are great fun though, not too challenging and not too easy at the same time (especially the final venom battle, that was a little tricky).
The main problem with this game though is the camera angle, although it cant really be avoided considering that youre climbing up walls at very close proximity. A lot of the time the reason that you fail a boss fight or mess up beating up a bunch of random gang members is because the camera angle wont show you where youre supposed to be.
Other than that I loved this game, once i got hold of the black suit i was well away, its so much more powerful and has access to a lot more moves + rage mode :D Favourite boss battle would probably be venom, lasted a fairly long time and had plenty of nice button sequences to mash through or the battle with sandman in the sewer (the first time you experience the sheer power of the black suit). Its fun to push him in front of trains and watch him get trampled. :P

Black suit is awesome, only thing I really hate is how I have to play the whole game in black suit if I want to do the last lizard mission because it's hard, might be easier with Black suit and rage xD

Nick-
04-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Theres a glitch i discovered on the internet after i completed it because i knew how utterly impossible it was and wanted to see how others beat it ;) Took me at least 9 tries before i finally got the right set of moves to beat them off until the 2 minutes were up :(
Anyway, while spidey is putting the beaker into the canister hold down the right buffer (i think) activating the slowed down time effect. As soon as the small cut scene is finished web zip/swing very fast over to the platform to your far right, when youre looking at the canister its as far north east as its possible to go without leaving the main area. Difficult to explain. :S I heard the lizards spring out of the water but saw no damage being down to the canister, I was so amazed when it worked :P Although if i had used this glitch the first time around i would definitely not have enjoyed gaining that acheivement :)

Niall!
05-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah Xbox-360 players got screwed over sideways

In the PS2 version if you collected all the comet peices (only available in the PS2 version) you got to play as Venom ;l

Other than that it's amazing!

Nick-
05-06-2007, 07:05 PM
If by that you mean you get to use the black suit, youre so wrong :)
Once the game is completed we get that, plus we get a brief few missions in the game while using the suit.

Neil
05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Once the game is completed we get that, plus we get a brief few missions in the game while using the suit.

I think he means you play as Eddie Brock, I don't see what's so good because Vemon looks stupid xD I'd rather use Green Goblin

:Liam
05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I downloaded it, tis good ;)

reindeer.
05-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Ive seen a pre-owned game, saints row, sitting on the shelf for 29.95 while the brand new was selling for 29.99 ;S
I hate this as theyre pricing pre-owned games out of the market.

You
05-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Ive seen a pre-owned game, saints row, sitting on the shelf for 29.95 while the brand new was selling for 29.99 ;S
I hate this as theyre pricing pre-owned games out of the market.
Yeah, game sucks for that.

Niall!
06-06-2007, 10:21 AM

I've completed it and no I didn't mean the black suit :rolleyes:

I said Venom

Neil
06-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I've completed it and no I didn't mean the black suit :rolleyes:

I said Venom
But Venom sucks lol seems a bit unfair PS2 gets it though, 360 users pay more for the game and don't get that which is stupid

You
06-06-2007, 11:11 AM
I got spiderman 3 today :8

Dan
06-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I got spiderman 3 today :8

bout time :P bet u get further than me by the end of today haha

Niall!
06-06-2007, 01:13 PM
bout time :P bet u get further than me by the end of today haha

How far are you?

Dan
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM
How far are you?

Not very, done a few missions not alot tho :] i just like swinging about and trying to do the activitys :P

Niall!
06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Not very, done a few missions not alot tho :] i just like swinging about and trying to do the activitys :P

Ok
I'd play on to get the black suit, it's faster and jumps higher making swinging better

Dan
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Ok
I'd play on to get the black suit, it's faster and jumps higher making swinging better

Oo nice :D ive done 18/42 missions now i think so slowly gettin there :P

Niall!
06-06-2007, 06:58 PM

*shakes head*

It gets harder and eventually boring

GOOD LUCK

jendog
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
i think its good! just because im rubbish at xbox 360 but i can play this game haha

Neil
08-06-2007, 05:23 PM

I'm on 41/42, the last Lizardman no more mission is hard xD

PappaLou
08-06-2007, 10:48 PM
yeah i'mon the last mission, and i only got it like 4 days ago

i'm all over this game :D

Neil
08-06-2007, 10:57 PM
yeah i'mon the last mission, and i only got it like 4 days ago

i'm all over this game :D

I only had it for 2 days so I couldn't do the last mission =[ rented it lol :P

Stabbed
09-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Spiderman 3 is quite fun. I usually swing around.
Its gets really dizzy though.

chips
09-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Spiderman 3 was a big disspointment to me

it is no improvment over Spiderman 2

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!