PDA

View Full Version : Pirates 3 - At Worlds End [Ps2]

Describe
04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
So we've seen the amazing movie.

But now it's time to play the game - At worlds End.
It's not a bad game, after buying it from asda for £19.99
Some people think it's to babyish and repetitive, you'll see that
everywhere if you read the critic's reports etc...
The games a little repetitive although provides satisfactory results- Play as Captain Jack - William Turner - Elizabeth Swan - And Barbossa!
To me - Thats not bad for a game made by someone we havent heard of.
You play around 15 Missions - Following the end of the second film and the start - finish of the 3r'd one, and it follows it with great detail and explanation and actually helped me understand the movie better.

Good Points:

Play as 4 Characters.
Have Multiple Weapons - Bomb, Knifes, Pistol - Sword.
Witty Jack - Is still as funny as ever
It's a two player
Theres many things to unlock.
And it's Challenging.

Bad Points:

The game itself - is repetitive, not enough move combos.
You cant Jump - And their is only one defense.

Worst of All: No Little Monkey Jack!!

So go ahead and buy it - it's a fun game.

And i can ask any questions, as im nearly finished the game
as im in mealstrom on the last level - where you verse jones.

q25
04-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I haven't played any of the games for the other movies, are they any good and should I play them before playing this one? :P... it should be on ps3 though :(

Neil
04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Um...The game goes from the begining of the 2nd movie because the first level is the prison Jack was in, when Will etc on the Black Pearl found him in the coffin it's a good game though, completed it last week, didn't do everything, missed alot of Jackanism chests and them Calypso pieces, got all the 7 items on every level but Isla Cruse, I donno if they're on PS2 one though

Describe
04-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Watch The Movie - Then Play It.
The ones before this game aint good.

I think it is for PS3?
Almost definite, im sure!

reindeer.
04-06-2007, 04:54 PM
The first ever game is brilliant. Sailing is my favourite bit, apart from the last cutscene is glitched so i can't ever complete it.

Ekalb
05-06-2007, 08:37 AM
I want a pirates of the caribbean game that will include all the story lines and be a big flexible rpg but that won't happen.
Like with the game 'Pirates of the Caribbean' but it only incorportated a few things from the first movie like the skeletons and that was it. It was awesome because you could buy different ships, different cannons and stuff and then sail on the seas and come across other ships, have a cannon fight with them and then raid them and you could even steal them if you wanted to. You could also get differnt swords and guns. Not only that but another cool part of it was actually sailing to other islands (not like a little cut scene, a view of the boat in the water or if you zoom out it was a boat icon on like a map). It was so awesome but would have been better if it had the movie plot involved.
I want to play it now :'(

I don't supposed this game is like that though?

Kanakai-D
05-06-2007, 08:39 AM
LOL!
I haven't seen the film yet tbh :)
But I am going to see it tomorrow ROFL :]
After what you have said about the game, I dunno whether to check it out or not LOL

Aridion
07-06-2007, 09:49 AM
I bought it from Waitrose for 25 quid not bad, when I got home I was astonished at how much it actually looked like a high powered pc game. You mentioned about the weapons I have to agree it's pretty great that you can weild a variety.

Fez
07-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I've got this on PS3

I give it 7/10.

reindeer.
07-06-2007, 09:03 PM
I want a pirates of the caribbean game that will include all the story lines and be a big flexible rpg but that won't happen.
Like with the game 'Pirates of the Caribbean' but it only incorportated a few things from the first movie like the skeletons and that was it. It was awesome because you could buy different ships, different cannons and stuff and then sail on the seas and come across other ships, have a cannon fight with them and then raid them and you could even steal them if you wanted to. You could also get differnt swords and guns. Not only that but another cool part of it was actually sailing to other islands (not like a little cut scene, a view of the boat in the water or if you zoom out it was a boat icon on like a map). It was so awesome but would have been better if it had the movie plot involved.
I want to play it now :'(

I don't supposed this game is like that though?

I agree. and no, it;s not like the first one unfortunately. But that first pirates otc game is one of my favourites ever.

Fez
07-06-2007, 09:07 PM
They should make a Pirate's Of The Carribean : Online.

Neil
07-06-2007, 09:53 PM
They should make a Pirate's Of The Carribean : Online.

They are, I found it on Gamespot a while ago

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/piratesofthecaribbeanonline/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Vause
08-06-2007, 07:27 PM
nice find neil.

madmike666
09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Im getting it for wii and its going to be amazing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!