PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang or Genesis?

Ella
05-06-2007, 04:58 PM
How did the universe begin? And why do you think it? :)

OMGitsaROSS
05-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Big Bang? :]

jackass
05-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Genesis FTW. :)

velocity
05-06-2007, 05:07 PM
the reactions from the two planets colliding with one another [;

Putal
05-06-2007, 05:10 PM
I'd like to think it was God but if God was the first person alive, who created him?

Ashhizzle
05-06-2007, 05:10 PM
a giant fart.

i cnt really say bcos am not sure xo

dirrty
05-06-2007, 05:22 PM
both.
god created the big bang :)
& god is infinite so no one created him.

Willz
05-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Big Bang.

-Soph-
05-06-2007, 05:52 PM
big bang.

-Sweex
05-06-2007, 06:04 PM
da big bang

cocaine
05-06-2007, 06:08 PM
big bangg.

and evolution & such.

Neversoft
05-06-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't believe in the big bang and I've never heard of this genesis thing. I believe that the universe evolved over time.

Browney
05-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Big Bang.

RedStratocas
05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Big Bang, I was there when it happened.

shokz
05-06-2007, 07:44 PM
God created it

Big Bang, I was there when it happened.not funny

Tash.
05-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I aren't sure whether or not I believe in the big-bang, but I definitely do not believe the whole "God made the universe" thing.

shokz
05-06-2007, 07:52 PM
lol at "I aren't"

Tash.
05-06-2007, 07:57 PM
lol at "I aren't"

If that was aimed at me, then what is there to 'lol' about?

shokz
05-06-2007, 08:02 PM
your grammar lol

Ella
05-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Alot of you are saying that it was the Big Bang that created the universe, but why? Is this because you have been told? Have seen the evidence science provides? Or have blind faith in science?

Same for those who believe in genesis, or the religi-ence one (god made the big bang ect.)

And what do you think we 'created' for, in the case of genesis? Surely we have a purpose?

Just finding out peoples views :D

Tash.
05-06-2007, 08:12 PM
your grammar lol

Ok then.. I do apologise, i'll be sure to make my posts entirely gramatically correct in future. Oh and a sentence should always start with a capital letter. Just so it's clear. :]

I don't believe in the big bang and I've never heard of this genesis thing. I believe that the universe evolved over time.

Having read that, I suppose that makes most sense. The theory of the universe evolving seems quite an intelligent assumption.

Jazza
05-06-2007, 08:19 PM
The big bang because there is evidence for it whereas Genesis is based soley on a book written about 1500 years ago

shokz
05-06-2007, 08:41 PM
The big bang because there is evidence for it whereas Genesis is based soley on a book written about 1500 years ago
so whats your point ?

Dan2nd
05-06-2007, 08:52 PM
I'd like to think it was God but if God was the first person alive, who created him?
God isn't a person ;)

Um so? The big bang theory is really old as well

I personally think God created the Big Bang

Axel
05-06-2007, 09:07 PM
There's tiny little bugs and stuff that humans can't see, our universe may be a tiny little dot on someone's shoe.

Dan2nd
05-06-2007, 09:12 PM
There's tiny little bugs and stuff that humans can't see, our universe may be a tiny little dot on someone's shoe.

Lol I've heard things like that 'Is our universe an atom on a aliens table'

Axel
05-06-2007, 09:13 PM
It's more believable than God to me, no offence.

TheGayOne
05-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I believe in the big bang theory, but my RE teacher says she also belives in the big bang, but she bleives god made the big bang happen.

So really both theories could be true?

Neversoft
05-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Having read that, I suppose that makes most sense. The theory of the universe evolving seems quite an intelligent assumption.

I know quite a bit about evolution and the universe. :P Animals have evolved, plants have evolved, landscapes have evolved, we have evolved. Almost everything you think of has evolved. So the planet we live on must have evolved and the galaxy earth is in must have evolved, so even the universe must have evolved. I find it hard to believe that something so complex could be formed in any other way apart from evolution.

DiscoPat
05-06-2007, 10:24 PM
google and tesco

Mentor
05-06-2007, 11:49 PM
How did the universe begin? And why do you think it? :)

Well, nether, the big bang has never been the creation of the universe, its often confused with it, but never the less it is NOT it.
The big bang is thought to have happened a short time after the universes conception (a few milliseconds at most).

Evidence for this, is both background radiation we can still detect and the explanation for the expansion of our universe.

So yea, i believe the big bang happened, but it wasn't the start of the universe, a great number of different theories of how that occurred do exist, personaly i think M theory seems the strongest myself, although i dont keep up with the issue to well, so its likely being disproven and replaced by a better theory by now anyway.

So in summary, Science people, learn ya danm science right.

Secondly, genisis is a specific bible story in which god personally creates the earth, the rest of the universe along with dinosaurs dont actually exist if we take this as true. And the fact the world was apparently created in the middle of an agricultural revolution also needs to be ignored.

Im somewhat unsure how someone could really take the genesis side in light of all the evidence, but as einstine allegedly said "the only thing thats truly infinite is human stupidity"

Note:
> Genesis being wrong does not disprove god, but it does mean everything the bible tells you about this god, is probably wrong.

Dan2nd
06-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Note:
> Genesis being wrong does not disprove god, but it does mean everything the bible tells you about this god, is probably wrong.

I sort of agree with you there but the bible was written 1000 + years ago so alot of it is proberly fairy tailish. Alot of people do use the bible as a 'rule book '(sp?) which I think is wrong. I personally think most of the bible is to teach you 'lifes lessons' through storys.

The bible wouldn't really mention the rest of the universe because we hadn't really discovered much of it around the time it was written. But this also presents the problem that some people think the bible was written from Gods words which I also disagree with. As far as dinosaurs go I'm not sure when dinosaur fossils were first discovered but they'd proberly refuse to mention them in the bibble because they thought all gods creations were perfect but how can a perfect creation become extinct? So yeah I do think God exists but surely he has moved with the times like humans have?

PigsNose
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I believe that the Big Bang happened but that was just the start of space, and like someone said, maybe the universe evolved through that. How God created the Earth as it did in the Bible is most likely not true, but that is not going against saying God doesn't exist. I believe in evolution, and not in How God made the first man and woman because it is much more scientific that we evolved from apes. But it is hard to find out how the universe was created, I mean nothing was there, no one to go back in time to see it, but I always had this strange theory. I thought that maybe our universe was created when there was a universe before us ended, like the sun exploded or something and the impact caused everything to implode or something and then out came a totally different universe, and.. yeah. Not believeable but it is just a strange theory.

Ezzie.
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I believe God made the big bang reaction take place.. or some other form of the universe..

Others theorise the universe has been here forever: so if the universe is infite: is it God?

Mentor
06-06-2007, 05:30 PM
I sort of agree with you there but the bible was written 1000 + years ago so alot of it is proberly fairy tailish. Alot of people do use the bible as a 'rule book '(sp?) which I think is wrong. I personally think most of the bible is to teach you 'lifes lessons' through storys.
Although as you say its a 1000+ years old, most the lessons about life dont really appy to the modern world.

The bible wouldn't really mention the rest of the universe because we hadn't really discovered much of it around the time it was written. But this also presents the problem that some people think the bible was written from Gods words which I also disagree with. As far as dinosaurs go I'm not sure when dinosaur fossils were first discovered but they'd proberly refuse to mention them in the bibble because they thought all gods creations were perfect but how can a perfect creation become extinct? So yeah I do think God exists but surely he has moved with the times like humans have?
God is supposed to be perfect, if he has to change with the times he cant have been perfect to start with. God shouldn't need to change, although the fact peoples views of him have had to proves the bibles a load of crap so far as being evdence for a god. If anything its good evidence against the one it speaks of.

@K
06-06-2007, 08:31 PM
The big bang because I am not religious at all, except in I believe in Jesus.

Ezzie.
06-06-2007, 09:37 PM

What the..

Axel
06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
He probably believes Jesus did exist, but doesn't think he had his 'magical powers'.

dirrty
06-06-2007, 09:46 PM
what do u believe about jesus then if ur not religious :S

Frodo13.
07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I dont know how an explosion is able to create plants and animals personally...

PigsNose
07-06-2007, 03:49 PM
what do u believe about jesus then if ur not religious :S

Jesus was a real person, that is a fact. The miracles he did and coming back to life are unknown. He was definitely crucified and did live around then. That is why we have BC and AD.

Jazza
07-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Um so? The big bang theory is really old as well

I personally think God created the Big Bang

The big bang theory may be old but there is proof for it (Red shift)

so whats your point ?

My point is that a load of stories is not as reliable as actual proof

Frodo13.
07-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Jesus was a real person, that is a fact. The miracles he did and coming back to life are unknown. He was definitely crucified and did live around then. That is why we have BC and AD.

yup, and they have found jesus tomb, apprently

stratosphere
07-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Genesis pls.

Dan2nd
07-06-2007, 04:42 PM

I'm not saying the big bang theory didn't happen but saying something isn't true by the age of the theory is just stupid

like I said I think God caused the Big Bang

Byble
07-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Big Bang I Think.. But Who Put All The Mass There in First Place.. So I Think Someone Or Something Must Have Put The Mass There In First Place =]

shokz
07-06-2007, 06:19 PM
yeh i actually believed first time i heard it but then i thought about it and easily remebered that jesus resurrected and then went back to heaven,

anyway all them names were the "must-have" names around that time ... jesus, mary and judah

Ichigo
07-06-2007, 07:12 PM

The concept of finding a tomb that old? Believable. That it belonged to Jesus, God's son or misinterpreted icon, not very.

As an agnostic I like to keep an open mind. Though the big bang theory is easy to acknowledge, the concept that there is something of a sentient being in the background is undeniable.

I wouldn't go as far as deeming it 'God' but something along those lines, yes.

The infinite ideas time can spawn are too much to debate over, I think. There's always the question of 'What came before that, then?'

I'm definitely going with a mixture of the two things.

Virgin Mary
07-06-2007, 08:56 PM

My point is that a load of stories is not as reliable as actual proof
Red shift is proof we are moving away (from a centre of origin), not that a "big bang" spontaneously occured from what was "just there" and which suddenly created everything. Red shift could really be considered proof of anything.

Mentor
08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
No, none of that is a fact. There were people called jesus, alot of them, it was a VERY common name at the time. Some people with that name, were likely crusified.
Thats all true. But if this particular jesus existed, or did any of his magic, or was crusifed, is all unknown, unproven and pure speculation.

They found a tomb, well in fact they found quite a few.. in the aria they belive jesus may have been crusifed. That doesnt mean, he was cursifed there or was put in to any of the found tombs.

Red shift simply proves the universe is expanding, that could be given as evdence that there must have been a big bang to cause the expantion, although background radiation seems a more concusive one.

And again to everyone. The big bang was NOT the begining of the universe.
I dont know of ANY theory that says it was. Its an event though to have happened a few seconds AFTER the universe was created. Evidence for it is, universe expansion, background radiation and other residual effects.

Asking what happened before the beginning of the universe, also means you dont understand whats meant by its creation. Before the universe, makes no sence. Time is part of the universe, before it, it did not exist. It would be like asking what was to the left of beginning of the universe. It doesnt really make sence to ask.

Dan2nd
08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
The question is what existed before the universe very strange to think about ...

Energizer
10-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I think Big Bang cuz it's what I've always been told.

CrazyColaist
10-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Derh big bangz!!!!!!!!

and i bet you the unverise just was blank just no colour into it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!