PDA

View Full Version : The Scientology Thread

burton-x
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Scientology is a "religion" that was created and founded by the Science Fiction author L.Ron Hubbard.

"In Scientologist Views"
Scientologists belive that they can get rid of all phobias, problems, stress and guilt through a method of counciling called auditing. This auditing uses a device called an E-Metre that calculates a slight electronical current that your body naturally puts through the metre. Auditing helps you get over problems and issues that you found traumatic.

"In truth"
The other side, and a much darker aspect, is the money making scheme that ticks millions into spending all their money on the "sudo-religion". People are broken away from their loved ones as they are put through a mild brainwashing with auditing. This makes you feel insecure and to think that the only way to overcome your terrible past and prevent yourself from becoming a drug adict, or dipressed, is to totally devote your time and money to the "church". They take advantage of the insecurity they have put you in, telling you to "disconnect" from your parents, friends, and work colleagues, meaning they can not argue against the religion and the subject is totally devoted.
They use celebrities, in america especialy, to advertise the religion, these celebrities spending millions on working their way up in the church. As each auditing session costs alot of money, and reaching a higher leval of understanding and security in the church costs even more.

The only reason they have applied for being an offical Religion around the world is that if they are, they do not get taxed on the donations money that they make (which is why they dont get taxed in the USA where they are seen as an offical religion). If you look under the defenition of Religion in the dictionary, you will see that Scientology does not fit. If you look under the definition of Cult, you may find a better suiting description.

Sorry to offend the scientologists here, if there are any, as they do tend to follow people and harras people who do not agree with them.

http://www.habbo.co.uk/groups/26280/id

Now, DEBATE!

:Hazel
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
What a waste of time & money.

burton-x
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
What a waste of time & money.
amen.
x

Mentor
06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow so there not a religion, there corrupt and only after power and money, no.. wait... Come to think of it, that is like every other religion o.0

I think the simpsons movementarism episold was a great illistration of this, with lovejoys quote ""This so called new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed to take away the money of fools. Let us say the Lord's prayer 40 times, but first let's pass the collection plate."

Jamie!
06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I think the simpsons movementarism episold was a great illistration of this, with lovejoys quote ""This so called new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed to take away the money of fools. Let us say the Lord's prayer 40 times, but first let's pass the collection plate."

so true ^

Browney
06-06-2007, 02:52 PM
So they follow a religion of a fiction author?

Mentor
06-06-2007, 05:35 PM
So they follow a religion of a fiction author?
As do pretty much all people whom are religious. The bible and any other holy texts are equally as fictitious.

Dan2nd
06-06-2007, 05:52 PM
meh I think people can think what they want even if we do disagree with it ;l

burton-x
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
But Dan, I think people should be warned when their teenage son or daughter could get into the Church. I respect what they think, but when they totally block their parents out of their lives then that's wrong I think...

Anybody seen the southpark episode on scientology which cheff left over? lol
The one where tom cruise locks himself in the closet !

Dan2nd
06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
But Dan, I think people should be warned when their teenage son or daughter could get into the Church. I respect what they think, but when they totally block their parents out of their lives then that's wrong I think...

Anybody seen the southpark episode on scientology which cheff left over? lol
The one where tom cruise locks himself in the closet !

Yeah I guess your right thats obviously brain washing

Mentor
06-06-2007, 06:19 PM
yet factions of Christianity and many other "real" religions also get there followers to do the same thing, so i dont really see any difference here ether.

A "cult" is just what a big religion calls a small religion, in essents there all the same.

TheGayOne
06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
The catholic religion is just as bad money wise as scientology, i like some of the beliefs of scienetology but do not believe others =)

I dont really have a religion but i do like some of the scientolgy beliefs

scubadiva
06-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Did anyone see the BBC documentary on Scientology where the presenter started shouting at this scientology dude who was stalking him :P

the wombats
06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Did anyone see the BBC documentary on Scientology where the presenter started shouting at this scientology dude who was stalking him :P

i don't blame the presenter for going crazy, the FBI wannabe kept going to where he was to stop him talking to people.

anyway, it's the worst religion ever.

hobo
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
all religions are equally stupid.

Mentor
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Yea, the scianceolgy guy was a bit stupid as he just proved the guys point.
Still, he had the BBC's resources behind him, they should have just dug up some dirt on the guy.

burton-x
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah I see what your saying 011011!
And Yeah I saw the program, that was pretty funny when the reporter went ape.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!