PDA

View Full Version : I (supposedly) cheated in a Maths Test.

Willz
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
2 weeks ago we did a Maths test, and I was rushing through it easily (I'm only in set 2 btw). But some questions were diffucult, and it left me to only look at someone elses paper, my friend called Tom (Not his real name obv.) but he starting talking to me and helping me, and me helping him with some in return. Today, we found out are marks, and our teacher told me and him to stay behind, I knew I was going to be in big trouble. He told/showed us where he said "I" had copied him. Being my friend, I didn't say that I told him answers, but he said he told me answers (He actually only told me one which I owned up to) but our teacher said that I had copied others, noting correct ones which I got myself. I said to myself that it was all a coincidence. But I knew that our teacher wouldn't believe me. So he made ME do 6 sections of the test again. Letting "Tom" off.
I completed the first 6 sections easily. When he came back he gave me a stare and left. I actually got a higher score than "Tom" in he test.

Also, I recently did my Numeracy test. Not lieing, I actually copied a lot of him as I had been away and had no clue about the test. Which was unfair sort of. Now if he see's that he will proberly put me down a set. And I really don't want to as I want to go up really badly.

Finally, he sending a letter to my parents about it. Possibly a biased one. I don't know how to tell my parents. How should I tell them?

If anyone would like to reassure me then please do. As I'm really depressed at the moment.

Sorry if it's a bit tooo long.

dirrty
06-06-2007, 03:28 PM
tbh u shouldnt of looked at his test in the first place. if someone talks to me in tests, i blank them regardless of who they are because i dont wanna get done.

Mr.Sam
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Just don't cheat then.
Thats the simple answer,

Willz
06-06-2007, 03:30 PM
At first I only asked him to only help me understand a few questions. But then he got into a full-on talk with me telling me the answers and everything.

dirrty
06-06-2007, 03:34 PM
At first I only asked him to only help me understand a few questions. But then he got into a full-on talk with me telling me the answers and everything.
its a test. to test your knowledge, not others so you shouldnt of asked him in the first place. soz but its true.

TheGayOne
06-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Dude get over it? so you got in a lil bit of trouble for cheating a bit, big whoop? Get over it and move on.

Vause
06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
well atleast it's sorted (:

Mitch4?
06-06-2007, 08:28 PM
I always cheat in tests to check my answers, i dont change them though :] I just know how to not get caught. lol

-Soph-
07-06-2007, 02:17 AM
I always cheat in tests to check my answers, i dont change them though :] I just know how to not get caught. lol

what's the point of going to so much trouble just to see if you got them right or not?

and yeah, you shouldn't of really talked to him in the first place but whatever is done is done now.

Duck Hunt
07-06-2007, 02:34 AM
Tbh cheating on a test is wrong.. how can you advance if you cant even do the set your own now? if cheating helps you get up failing in the higher set will make you go down.. its kinda pointless ;S just say you asked to understand something and "Tom" went on talking. Sorry if it doesnt help

4:20
07-06-2007, 03:31 AM
I think cheating is wrong, but I do it every now and then :P

Throne Sofa
09-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Owell, i cheated in the sats exam for maths, **** all happend despite my teachers finding out from a snitch from our year.

@xP
09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
tbh u shouldnt of looked at his test in the first place. if someone talks to me in tests, i blank them regardless of who they are because i dont wanna get done.

Same here, it's not worth it tbh.

OMGitsaROSS
09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
tbh you're a loser for cheatnig.

madmike666
09-06-2007, 05:12 PM

Said very well. Your cheating yourself

Eamonn
09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
My friends always talk to me in tests for answers I just blank them :X it isn't exactly hard and they know I am a wee good boy at school anyway so they don't hold it against me >.>

so rly it is your own fault.

@xP
09-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Also whats with the "supposedly" you did cheat. and tbh it's your own fault.

Virgin Mary
09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
How do you talk in tests? Don't you have invigilators?

adrian
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Are you attempting to get attention, or do you just need a dictionary to look up the definition of cheating.

Really, it's pretty simple - do your own test.

Bef
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
-passes screwdriver-

Carlos
09-06-2007, 06:22 PM
just blank them :)

Frodo13.
09-06-2007, 06:25 PM
The best thing to do is just do it yourself. Who says that the person you copy or ask the answerd from are even right? Do it yourself.

scubadiva
09-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Why can't you say his real name why put "Tom?" Basically, don't cheat on tests. And as for telling your parents, it's best to get your point across before the letter comes.

velocity
09-06-2007, 09:29 PM
you cheated anyway, so what do you expect?

beth
10-06-2007, 01:49 PM
LOLZ. yr friend dropped you in the **** mate.

its-me-sam
10-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Get moved to the botom set then work realy hard in it so you move back up but try to go if there is another set 2 then you can work on from that into top leaing Mr. math man behind

Hayd93
14-06-2007, 07:34 PM
U have to snap out of that though cause if that was in a gcse or a sats or a big test like that then you would have a letter sent to the exam bord and they might rip up all your papers or just 1 if they think you have cheated pluss you have chats on your record a boy did it in a sats test at our school he had all his papers ripped up and the school gave him a 2 week exclusion plus he has this cheat next to his name

!Alex
17-06-2007, 04:25 PM
You should of said prove it then I'll re-do it, the chances are, they will not be able to, they cannot force you to re-take a test without you wanting to or without a vaild reason.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!