PDA

View Full Version : Heres a question about the Hoot poster.

HOSKO02
06-06-2007, 10:27 PM
The blue 'Hoot' poster has been in the catalogue since I joined in '03.
It has left the catalogue now and with it, its purpose has been left unexplained...
The poster is most definately based on the book 'Hoot' by Carl Hiassen, a teenage aimed book about an American kids life in California. (I remember vaguely starting to read it back in '03, but getting bored quickly ;])
This is breching copywrite, surely? Habbo is using the books logo and name, google it, see for yourself.
I have never heard of a competition involving the hoot poster, nor any specific mention of it EVER.
Where did it come from and why is it there?!
When Habbo changed all the Britney/Buffy/Sum41 etc posters to the Bonnie Blonde ones etc, why wasn't the hoot one changed aswell?
Its a complete mystery to me, what are your thoughts, or do you have any information about this?
:]

Shawnstra
06-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm sure they asked for permission, if not, they could not have used it so long, surely they would find out.

Kotu
06-06-2007, 10:47 PM
There was a small Hoot themed competition or quest around the time that poster was released. It wasn't advertised much, but there was a small Hoot logo on the homepage at the time which lead to information.

Britney's poster was released when Habbo were promoting her film Crossroads, if I remember correctly there was advertisements in the Habbo cinema and a competition to win a goodie-bag with Britney/Crossroads/Habbo merchandise.

Sarah Michelle Gellar's poster was released when Habbo were promoting the Scooby-Doo film. It's of her character in that film not Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I vaguely remember a Sum 41 competition of some kind as well. Probably to win a CD, which may explain the posters release.

I assume these posters were edited because the promotions are now over and the Hoot one was left untouched as they were prizes? I hope this helps. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!