PDA

View Full Version : Australian Habbox

le harry
07-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Hey everybody,

Just wondering why there isn't an Australian Habbox Help Desk / Forum / Site. Well with .com / .ca now having one now (combined ye?) is Australia not as popular as them two or has it just never been suggested so nobody wanted one? I know a few .au players on here yet know 0 US / CA players.

Aight.

Blinger1
07-06-2007, 09:07 AM
australia doesn't deserve one, im sure its been posted before. au habbo is the worst one!

Nixt
07-06-2007, 09:27 AM
www.habboxworld.com.

Seatherny
07-06-2007, 09:30 AM
www.habboxworld.com.

Thats USA isnt it? :s

Nixt
07-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Thats USA isnt it? :s

It was USA but CA got merged with it and now it is "Habbox World". In this thread (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=351529&highlight=Habbox+World) it says "we have decided to create one Habbox forum which serves the international hotels." So it's not just USA and CA, it's supposed to cater for all. Although CA and USA are probably the main two.

Seatherny
07-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Ah ok. Kinda makes sense Habbox"World".

Hecktix
07-06-2007, 09:39 AM
There is a canadian HxHD.

Also I don't know if Hx has expanded to AU yet.

le harry
07-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Well why not? AU is pretty popular I don't see what there is too lose from it.

CrazyColaist
07-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey everybody,
I know a few .au players on here yet know 0 US / CA players.

Aight.

Er you probaly do but they dont speak about it

you know me and i play habbo.ca

And why should .ca and .us Habbos go on the UK one?

PenguinFluid
07-06-2007, 11:31 AM
www.habboxworld.com is for whole of world

As far as I know international sections are being put on www.habbox.com as Sierk told me he wants to have aplace to put international rare values

sierk1
08-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Joshuar is in charge of international Habbox things. If you have an idea to extend to another country you can contact him, but he might be busy at the moment with exams. If he thinks it's a good idea, we can add a Help Desk for Australia and als add forums for Australia to habboxworld.com .

PenguinFluid
08-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Sierk
I will add joshuar hasnt evengot round to adding c forums yet. Theres only US Forums. he CA HxHD is being rebuilt and I have contacted him about a US one but he is yet to reply. Also I have contacted him regarding CA and AU rarevalues since the manager shut the CA department down so I was made re-dundaent of myCA Head rvr job.
He sai theres no point starting new rvr deps until we got somewhere to put the values
I am ure paces will pick up after joshuar's exams etc

sierk1
08-06-2007, 02:09 PM
The rare values is a bigger problem, as Joshuar cannot add them to Habbox. We have to wait till somebody who is good with Joomla can add them, maybe 8Freak8 or ---MAD-- can do that at some point, but that might take a while.

PenguinFluid
08-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Thing is that there is alrayd a page for ca rare values but when you click on it is says MYsql errors
On left of Habbox theres a drop down menu > select ca instead of uk then on left pages appaer like ca values and news

Just need them pages intergrated with the rvr panl.

Then copy the codes to get ca pages and make US 1 etc

le harry
08-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh I see, I wasn't really bothered about .ca / .us forums, rarevalues & site etc, because I don't play ;).

We need more website staff :].

joshuar
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh I see, I wasn't really bothered about .ca / .us forums, rarevalues & site etc, because I don't play ;).

We need more website staff :].

The idea of HabboxWorld is that we can have lots of international features on that forum rather than making a seperate forum for each country as what was being done before (and rather expensive I would imagine).

If you think that people will use a Austrialian section on the HabboxWorld forum I will consider adding it, but as sierk said, I am currently halfway through very important exams and my time is currently limited.

The thing about website staff is that they require alot of access to the Habbox site, which can mean the site can be unsecure as lots of people have access, so it's better limiting it :)

Sammeth.
08-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Ah ok. Kinda makes sense Habbox"World".

And who came up with the name? *raises hand* Oh yes :8 Joshuar wanted www.habboxinternational.com but I pwnt him tbh.

Wootzeh
08-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Habboxworld is a waste of money tbh.

le harry
09-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Habbo AU is eager to get a popular site & forums ;) I'm sure it would be used a lot.

nvrspk4
10-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Sierk
I will add joshuar hasnt evengot round to adding c forums yet. Theres only US Forums. he CA HxHD is being rebuilt and I have contacted him about a US one but he is yet to reply. Also I have contacted him regarding CA and AU rarevalues since the manager shut the CA department down so I was made re-dundaent of myCA Head rvr job.
He sai theres no point starting new rvr deps until we got somewhere to put the values
I am ure paces will pick up after joshuar's exams etc

Well aren't you the expert ;) CA forums can be put up by Forum Management though, so why not suggest it on there?

In reference to AU, how many players are on it average? AU could have its own section on the forums, but regarding Help Desks and the like, there would have to be a lot of players.

le harry
10-06-2007, 01:27 AM
There are many AU people on the forums atm, I'll name some off the top of my head. Myself, Ekalb, Blinger, Fall., I know there's more.

But on the Australian Habbo there are maybe 3000 at peak times. It's quite a popular hotel.

nvrspk4
10-06-2007, 01:56 AM
Well 3000 at peak times would merit forums on HabboxWorld, however we'd have to think twice about a help desk there.

le harry
10-06-2007, 02:02 AM
I guess so, it's just I have never seen AU to have a proper fansite with a help desk with it, it's just not a very good help desk orientated hotel :P So if some people were willing to set one up I'm sure it would be popular

Seren
10-06-2007, 12:11 PM
I'd use the .AU forums in there was some made.

le harry
10-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Same, considering I am Australian.

Italic
11-06-2007, 03:46 AM
Maybe just the forums on Habbox World for a start, and then extend it to a help desk once everyone knows that Habbox is somewhat a fansite of the AU hotel.

PenguinFluid
11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Well aren't you the expert ;) CA forums can be put up by Forum Management though, so why not suggest it on there?

In reference to AU, how many players are on it average? AU could have its own section on the forums, but regarding Help Desks and the like, there would have to be a lot of players.
Lol expert :8
I a a supermod there and I chat to admins regulary on msn and joshuar I talk to occasionally on msn now.

The CA forums have been added there today and perhaps AU forums may come , I will tell him that some people seem to like the idea and maybe he can discuss it to HabboxWorld forum manegemnt

:8PenguinFluid:8

jackass
11-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Pointless idea, sorry.

We have HabboxWorld for all that, and even that is slightly inactive.

PenguinFluid
11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Bio it might make it more active :D

jackass
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Bio it might make it more active :D

Making yet another forum would make it more active? :(

Sorry, I just can't work the logic. ;)

PenguinFluid
11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
I there was AU HxHD and some Au people off here vsited it then yes

le harry
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Of couse another forum for .au will make Habboxworld more active.

Hecktix
12-06-2007, 09:15 AM
The idea of a Help Desk is kind of pointless I'm afraid.

We did once have a HxHD USA, and USA at peak times is more popular than UK.

However one could argue that it was poorly managed (by a fired member of UK staff). However, it still didn't get popular, and one other thing; nobody answered job applications; unlike the UK Desk which gets 50-60 applications in.

I'm not sure about the forum idea, as that's not really my area of interest within Habbox.

Blinger1
12-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Habbo AU is crap, the staff are crap, everything is crap with au!

le harry
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Then keep it with a forum until it's ready to expand?

Hecktix
12-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I am beginning to like the forum idea, it would show fairness but then again how many users would actually use it.

You say you will. Prove it.

But yeah, still nay to HxHD AU.

le harry
12-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I would prove it, unfortunatly, there is no forum to prove on ;).

Alkaz
12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
habbox.com is more popular than habboxworld.com which is for like all te hotels. habbox isnt really promoted much on other sites i dont think as habbox.com on the uk hotel.

Hecktix
12-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I would prove it, unfortunatly, there is no forum to prove on ;).

It was just figurative. You say you will now, but in a month when there are forums, how can you say that you will still use it... because you could be the only one posting, wouldnt keep posting then would you?

le harry
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
We will just wait & see now wont we.

Seren
12-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Only reason the first HxHD US help desk didn't work was because the manager was an idiot and was too lazy to do his job. A two week trial lasted 2 months. Then the second HXHD US lasted about 1 week then the manager got fired and now nothing has been done.

If there was some for Habbo AU then it would need a good, active manager.

The idea of a Help Desk is kind of pointless I'm afraid.

We did once have a HxHD USA, and USA at peak times is more popular than UK.

However one could argue that it was poorly managed (by a fired member of UK staff). However, it still didn't get popular, and one other thing; nobody answered job applications; unlike the UK Desk which gets 50-60 applications in.

I'm not sure about the forum idea, as that's not really my area of interest within Habbox.

Judge Judy
12-06-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't see the point of 'HabboxWorld', because you have to pay twice as much for forum running costs, I think.. wouldn't it be better to get rid of HabboxWorld and put US & CA & possibly AU onto this forum?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!