PDA

View Full Version : PS3s kiss of death?

Pyroka
10-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Today in the News of the World, I read a side article about how the Church of England is demanding a hit PS3 game, namely Resistance: Fall of Man, to be taken off the shelves and really banned as a game due to the violence which is used. It went on about how the game used a Manchester church for a setting of war, and it was 'virtual desecration'.

I couldn't stop laughing tbh, if that game got took off the shelves, we may as well confine the PS3 to a basement, like a Dreamcast! I guess if Sony don't sort that out with the Church of England, they could be losing quite a bit of money.

You
10-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Already posted mate.

Jamesy
10-06-2007, 04:26 PM
no offence to christains but stupid church people. its a game for gods sake. Half their flipping church are child molesters anyway, so wot does a game matter. Plus musilm mosques get blown up in real life. The CoE should think themselves lucky

Pyroka
10-06-2007, 04:34 PM
So it is, sorry. :P I just read it in the News of the World and I didn't know it was on BBC... Sorry. >_< Just let the thread die..

Bear-Max
11-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Just wanted to say that the Church of England's comment is ridiculous. As if the game would ever be taken off shelves because a firefight occurs in a church... I think if you're going to be 'controversial' over a game at least choose one that's actually quite worrying, like Manhunt, The Suffering or Left Behind.

Technologic
11-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh my. let's ban all violent movies aswell?
This is just stupid.

JoeyK.
11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
The idiocy of organized religion never ceases to amaze me. If they don't like it, they don't have to play it, it's that simple.

Frodo13.
12-06-2007, 01:27 PM
wouldnt be death because its no longer a big seller.

Pyroka
12-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I guess no-one pays attention, let this thread die. I can't perform euthanasia on a forum so just let the thread die.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!