PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed: Carbon

Ichigo
10-06-2007, 09:32 PM
I was at my dad's for the day and he's managed to get some HD cables to allow his Xbox to play in HD.

So already the quality's amazing, along with the fact that his TV's big enough to watch over the street.

I'm really not a racing fan, but this game's amazing. With a free-roam option you can explore your racing grounds, use GPS to drive your way back to the garage or find races.

The idea is that different gangs run different parts of the city. To take control of the city you must win races.

As with the previous games you have the drag, sprint, lap and timed races etc. so it has variety.

You've given a wingman to race with, by pressing Y he'll help you out. You get three types of wingman. A blocker - Who'll take your oponent off the road, a scout - he'll find all of the shortcuts for you ;) and drafters, who'll clear a slipstream for you to 'slingshot' along the track.

These wingmen then divide into three more categories; Mechanics, fabricators and fixers.

The cars're fully customisable and look... Well, my jaw dropped during the cut-scenes.

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/autosculpt.jsp

There's a quick bit of fun, though.

Definitely give it a go.

Energizer
10-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I got it at Christmas for my PS2, only played for a bit cuz I got my 360 few days after I started playing. It was a decent game i suppose, from what I saw. I prefer Most Wanted though.

Davii
10-06-2007, 09:35 PM
i gt that fer xmas, its pretty good although its really short and you dont really get much gamerscroe from it, like 5 points for an achievement.

Neil
10-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I got it on PS2 when it came out, didn't have a 360 then, my uncle got collectors on 360 when he got his 360 though, the graphics are not so different, cinematics are real people aswell xD it's a good game though, I prefered autosculpt on the demo where you had access to everything xD

Azul
10-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I bought it cheapish, don't really know why really, i had too much money at the time. Had it for about a week, then gave it to my mate to borrow. Couldn't get into it.

You
10-06-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't like it.

:Hazel
11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
i bought it but ive played others games ahead of it ;l

PappaLou
11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
i OWN this game

Need for Speed Carbon is the best racing game out at the moment imo.

I play it either on my HD upstairs or downstairs, more likely the downstairs one because its better quality

HD for N4S, it is truly immense.

Neil
11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
i OWN this game

Need for Speed Carbon is the best racing game out at the moment imo.

I play it either on my HD upstairs or downstairs, more likely the downstairs one because its better quality

HD for N4S, it is truly immense.

I prefer TDU or Colin McRae DiRT xD

Azul
11-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm not big on racing games, but I hear Forza 2 is the daddy at the moment.

Energizer
11-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I prefer TDU or Colin McRae DiRT xD

I'm not big on racing games, but I hear Forza 2 is the daddy at the moment.

yh, they're the 3 best racing games imo, and PGR3.

Aflux
11-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I loved this game, too easy though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!