PDA

View Full Version : Why "Hack" is bobba'd

Escalabar
05-05-2005, 09:40 PM
I dont care if this has been posted before, I dont have time to check.

The reason the word "hack" is bobba'd is obivous and I cant understand why 8freak8 says he doesnt know why its been bobba'd in his news post.

It's bobba'd because the world "hack" is used in the wrong context all the time on habbo. People say they've been HACKED when they have not.

Being keylogged, giving out your pass (either intentional or by mistake), replying to a fake hobba application, and scam sites are NOT forms of being hacked.

A definition of the word hack:

To use one's skill in computer programming to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file or network.

Being hacked is actually getting inside to an account with OUT knowing the pass.

So I belive habbo have bobba'd the word so that people stop saying they have been hacked when indeed they havnt and also to stop people saying feble threats like "im gona hack you" when there is no way (unless you are that windows creator dude, I forget his name) you can get hacked.

And not even sonicmouse can HACK habbo accounts... as SHOCKING as that may be to some of you gullable habbos out there.

Now agree with me, disagree with me, do what you want.

:)

Thank you for your time :D

GommeInc
05-05-2005, 10:10 PM
I am not sure why you would use the word hack other than saying 'I wonder how many habbos can hack' etc or ayong 'Gees what a Hack'

AngJum
05-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Well Andrew, maybe.. but I don't really see the point in 'bobba'ing' it though :s It's not making any harm.. and it's not swearing, not being offensive, and what about in help centers? Someone comes in and says "Help! I've been bobbaed" - what would the helpers think?, and actually.. being 'hacked', - someone else gaining access to something that you own.. but now don't own because you've been.. hacked? :eusa_shif

Mentor
05-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Hack has more than one meaing, aka a hack for a forum, is simply a mod for exstra functilty or an imrpovemnt, so not always bad.

Even the more well known reason has only come in to effect threw malk use, hacking used to describle people who did all nighter useing aclums slow method to fix annoying glictches in old computers, (for any htmlgoodies news letter readers, yup i read that story) only reasently has it become a term to suggest skill in breaking somthing.

I personly never seen much skill in hiting an orniment with a hammer, which is a sort of what hacking is, breaking somthing unless it ment as cyber espionrge "/, which is scarily easy with teh lack of stuf adique deffences many people have on pcs "/

Athogh makeing A hack, (mod) is good. And a hacker is also a legal proffecion to test firewalls, and other security softwares from those who wish to damge or steal from it "/

And hacking can aslo imply

All that happens on habbo is, phiscing and other genral scams. They shoudl ban the word scam and scammer rather than somthing like hack so i agree with 8 on that, stupid thing to ban, what if i wnat to talk about ipb hacks?

Escalabar
06-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I asked a hobba to read my post and he said what I've said is correct...

AngJum
06-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I asked a hobba to read my post and he said what I've said is correct...

A hobba? It can count in Habbo cases too, why do you think they have a "Been Scammed/hacked?" Page on habbo?

I've been 'hacked' - what should I do?

If you've been 'scammed' or 'hacked' and can't sign in as your Habbo, please email the Guest Services Centre using the special 'Help! I've been scammed' form.
Please do not send an email to us from the Guest Services Centre (where you are now). 'Help! I've been scammed!' reports are looked into first, so it makes sense to use the Scam Busters form. :) To find out more about scams click here.

Max
06-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Hack has more than one meaing, aka a hack for a forum, is simply a mod for exstra functilty or an imrpovemnt, so not always bad.

Even the more well known reason has only come in to effect threw malk use, hacking used to describle people who did all nighter useing aclums slow method to fix annoying glictches in old computers, (for any htmlgoodies news letter readers, yup i read that story) only reasently has it become a term to suggest skill in breaking somthing.

I personly never seen much skill in hiting an orniment with a hammer, which is a sort of what hacking is, breaking somthing unless it ment as cyber espionrge "/, which is scarily easy with teh lack of stuf adique deffences many people have on pcs "/

Athogh makeing A hack, (mod) is good. And a hacker is also a legal proffecion to test firewalls, and other security softwares from those who wish to damge or steal from it "/

And hacking can aslo imply

All that happens on habbo is, phiscing and other genral scams. They shoudl ban the word scam and scammer rather than somthing like hack so i agree with 8 on that, stupid thing to ban, what if i wnat to talk about ipb hacks?
Agreed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!