PDA

View Full Version : Forum ideas needed. +7 rep!

VPSwow
11-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Ok i am in the process of purchasing a fully owned Vbulletin forum with its own domain and reliable hosting. I am looking for a non-profitable site BUT it must cover my £91 Vbulletin fee, hosting and domain.

I am open to any ideas of what forum to use and +rep for everyone who replies.

Thanks Karl

Blob
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Make a unique idea. make it intergrated into a site and a arcade etc etc.

Maybe a sport? Cricket? Football? Tennis?

Teens?

VPSwow
11-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I have the domain www.freeteenforum.com but it didnt really kick off.

Anything imperticular to do with teens? +REP also

Blob
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Maybe like help about drugs etc?

VPSwow
11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Hmmm seems like a good idea.

Any ideas for a domain?

dirrty
11-06-2007, 05:11 PM
do everything todo with teens. such as health problems, bullying, homework, growing up, family problems etc.

MR.H.SHAHZAD
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Domain Name should be www.teennet..net here is a place where you can buy the u.r.l: http://www.buydomains.com/find-premium-domains/domain-details.jsp?domain=teennet.net&cm_mmc=BuyDomains-_-entry-_-tdfs-_-top

and I agree with Diirty

VPSwow
11-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Repped sorry dirty need to spread. Still open to ideas :D

:Edzy
11-06-2007, 06:06 PM
do everything todo with teens. such as health problems, bullying, homework, growing up, family problems etc.

i agree, like teensay

VPSwow
11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Hmmm thanks soz ed cant rep you tho! gotta spread!

Rubadub
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
hmm, I don't think that would work, there's too many of those sites around.

what about a forum where people share things they have created (for instance a poem, a painting, a song, a video, a joke etc.) and people rate them/give them rep on how much they dis/liked their project/product, and the more rep points or rating points they have, they can say for instance buy the ability to post more products on the forum or have a better profile etc through a shop or something of the like.

did you understand that? because I kind of rambled on a bit there haha

VPSwow
11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Hmm sounds cool. Repped

RYANNNNN
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Please don't do a teen site, whenever someone asks for forum suggestions people always say, teen help site. Do something unique, also a teen help site only applies to people who need help really, which cuts the target audience straight away.

Rubadub
11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Please don't do a teen site, whenever someone asks for forum suggestions people always say, teen help site. Do something unique, also a teen help site only applies to people who need help really, which cuts the target audience straight away.

I agree with you, people never really take them seriously anyway.

VPSwow
11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Any sugestions then Ryan?

RYANNNNN
11-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Something that applies to basically everyone, e.g. music. I know it's been done before.. but I was providing an example. Think of all the things you did today, I'm sure you could make a forum based around something you did ;)

:Edzy
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Something that applies to basically everyone, e.g. music. I know it's been done before.. but I was providing an example. Think of all the things you did today, I'm sure you could make a forum based around something you did ;)
musics good, everyone listens to it and has potential ;)

reindeer.
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I haven't seen a decent music forum in ages. I'd like one of those that I could visit regularly.

Aflux
11-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Sport.

Thing is, you should already know the site you're creating if you've spent money on it really.

Mashi
11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I think a site about and aimed at "Teens". If you include everything and everything from day-day life to the really embarasing side of things like Puberty then it would become success. I think if you had a forum intergated onto the site and maybe a usersystem. You could sell TShirts and clothes or actual things like mugs with slogans saying "Its All About Me". Catchy things like that. If it was focused on music and "Teens" it would be very popular with a lot of people.

Jamie!
11-06-2007, 07:34 PM
well, make one thats got something to do with something you enjoy doing in your spare time.. like music/art etc.

hadouken!
11-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Prob with vB is, its hard to start one up and get it pop, theres a lot of competition. Maybe you need to hire a professional for an original layout?x

LeftForDead
11-06-2007, 08:25 PM
if u did do it u need to get out there, u can just go round other forums saying SIGN UP PLS???!?!
you would need three ways to do it i think.
Flyers
Magazine advertisements
Sign up emails (where when someone signs up they can send a email to all there friend to help you)

Highjacker-x
11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
VIP System obv?

:)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!