PDA

View Full Version : [QuickScriptz] DJ Panel

Highjacker-x
11-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Is there anyway someone can give me a valid download link to quickscriptz Radio DJ Panel v3.0.2

The one i downloaded just had empty folders.

Thanks, Sam

+rep

Mr.OSH
11-06-2007, 09:16 PM
http://quickscriptz.ca/scripts/php/radiodjpanel/30/Radio%20DJ%20Panel%20v3.0.2%20-%20New%20Install.zip (http://quickscriptz.ca/scripts/php/radiodjpanel/30/Radio%20DJ%20Panel%20v3.0.2%20-%20New%20Install.zip)

Thats for a new install.

http://quickscriptz.ca/scripts/php/radiodjpanel/30/Radio%20DJ%20Panel%20v3.0.2%20-%20Upgrade.zip (http://quickscriptz.ca/scripts/php/radiodjpanel/30/Radio%20DJ%20Panel%20v3.0.2%20-%20Upgrade.zip)

Thats if you are upgrading.

I hope that helped. :)

Highjacker-x
11-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Its just blank folders?

Theres nothing inside them.

Mr.OSH
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Its just blank folders?

Theres nothing inside them.
Thats odd, I think that may be the only link to it.. :S Try PMing "Scriptz" on Habbox, he owns Radio DJ Panel.

Mashi
11-06-2007, 09:28 PM
http://www.qscriptz.abshost.net/scripts/php/radiodjpanel/30/Radio%20DJ%20Panel%20v3.0.1%20-%20New%20Install.zip

That Has Something In It

Highjacker-x
11-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Its okay Jay! Mashi gave me it

Mashi, Tyvm + rep.

EDIT:// Gotta spread lols.

Mashi
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
You've Always Gotta Spread....

Lol Its because i deserve it :)

Highjacker-x
11-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Thats true tbh.
:P

Florx
12-06-2007, 07:47 AM
The files off the site used to have something in them. Don't know if they still do but it was in some crazy folders like /quickscripts/my documents/my webs/radiodjpanel/files/

something like that anyway.
:S

QuickScriptz
13-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Hey Guys,

I never noticed what you guys were talking about before.... I must have done something weird when zipping the files or something? My WinZip has been a little nuts lately :S

I have fixed the issue and re-uploaded the zips. The links opensource posted will now work :)

+Rep Hijacker for letting me know!

ScottDiamond
13-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Scriptz,

THOUSANDS more people would use your DJ Panel if it was opensource, as it's fantastic but I cannot reskin it without have to pay for you to do it, which is complete greed.

Colin-Roberts
13-06-2007, 09:48 PM
or atleast make a reskin engine or css file that people can change.

Highjacker-x
13-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Ty Scriptz. <3

QuickScriptz
14-06-2007, 11:27 AM
There is a css file ;)

And v4 is coming after the summer and everything but the functions file will be opensource :P

Blob
14-06-2007, 05:43 PM
There is a css file ;)

And v4 is coming after the summer and everything but the functions file will be opensource :P

Then its not really open source then is it..

ScottDiamond
14-06-2007, 06:17 PM
There is a css file ;)

Are you scared of people copying your codes or something?

Seriously, do not care at all about it. If they copy your codes, then you should be proud how they have used yours and not the likes of Dan, and it gives you a boost saying 'yay'. (Not really).

Functions file is what a lot of people want to edit, if they wish to add in an add-on for example.

Thank you and goodnight. Can't wait until v4, good luck with it!

QuickScriptz
14-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Then its not really open source then is it..

I might be adding a paid-addon system to v4 so obviously I'm not going to leave the call-back/check if you've paid function unencrypted. It won't be the whole file - just the callback parts & maybe a key function so ppl can't just delete the whole encrypted part ;)

Are you scared of people copying your codes or something?

Seriously, do not care at all about it. If they copy your codes, then you should be proud how they have used yours and not the likes of Dan, and it gives you a boost saying 'yay'. (Not really).

Functions file is what a lot of people want to edit, if they wish to add in an add-on for example.

Thank you and goodnight. Can't wait until v4, good luck with it!

Ya it sounds good in writing but when someone steals your work that took you 2 months and just claim its theirs with no notices to you at all would it make you angry?

Anyways... started v4 last night :)

Sidenote - What would everyone think of a paid-addon system? Like for vBulletin, the forum thing?

Invent
14-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Just go opensource.

It's a nice fuzzy feeling in your tummy ^_^.

Florx
14-06-2007, 08:29 PM
haha but that fuzzy feeling doesn't make money. :p

Invent
14-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Money isn't everything :S

Aflux
14-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Money isn't everything :S
Y34H iiT iiS!

ScottDiamond
14-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I might be adding a paid-addon system to v4 so obviously I'm not going to leave the call-back/check if you've paid function unencrypted. It won't be the whole file - just the callback parts & maybe a key function so ppl can't just delete the whole encrypted part ;)

Ya it sounds good in writing but when someone steals your work that took you 2 months and just claim its theirs with no notices to you at all would it make you angry?

Anyways... started v4 last night :)

Sidenote - What would everyone think of a paid-addon system? Like for vBulletin, the forum thing?

Think back to when you were in your maths class, learning ratios.

Picture:

No. Of v4 Users : No. Of Code Rippers

1000 : 10

If you say you'd rather not have people taking some parts of your code, you don't deserve to be here. :D

QuickScriptz
14-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Think back to when you were in your maths class, learning ratios.

Picture:

No. Of v4 Users : No. Of Code Rippers

1000 : 10

If you say you'd rather not have people taking some parts of your code, you don't deserve to be here. :D

Don't deserve to be here? That's a little harsh wouldn't you say?

Now I'm not going to rant because I know you and you just like to stoke the fire and watch it burn but heres what I say to that ;)

I could care less if its 1 person ripping versus 1000 people ripping. The fact of the matter is that there will always be people who do it and I just like to make sure that number stays below zero - it gives me a fuzzy feeling inside like simon said ;)

Invent
14-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Whatever gives you a fuzzy feeling; go with that choice.

FUZZY FEELINGS FTW.

Mentor
14-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I dont see the problem, nore the obessession, none of you here seem to have a clue what open source actualy means.

He is giveing people a script FREE, they can use it FREE. he isnt asking for pay, hes under no obligation to let people use it. So why not let him retain his interlectual property rights on a script he worked hard to create. Its not like hes asking you to pay to use it now is it.

If you want a warm fuzzy feeling, get off your *** and make your own one, then releace the code for that.

Invent
14-06-2007, 10:07 PM
The only people who mentioned Fuzzy feelings are me & Scriptz. We have both released scripts o.0

Mentor
14-06-2007, 10:11 PM
The only people who mentioned Fuzzy feelings are me & Scriptz. We have both released scripts o.0

You made one, so why'd u want his o.0 If its because his better, my previous comment applys, make a better one yourself.

Invent
14-06-2007, 10:14 PM
You made one, so why'd u want his o.0 If its because his better, my previous comment applys, make a better one yourself.I PERSONALLY don't want it, but I feel anything that is released opensource benefits the community much more.

For example:

Scenario #1: He releases it encrypted. Lots of people get to use a nice panel.

Scenario #2: He releases it unencrypted. Lots of people get to use a nice panel and change it to fit their site more (keeping disclaimers). Also because he released his coding many people learn from it and release their own opensource scripts.

Mentor
14-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I PERSONALLY don't want it, but I feel anything that is released opensource benefits the community much more.

For example:

Scenario #1: He releases it encrypted. Lots of people get to use a nice panel.

Scenario #2: He releases it unencrypted. Lots of people get to use a nice panel and change it to fit their site more (keeping disclaimers). Also because he released his coding many people learn from it and release their own opensource scripts.
You dont know what open source is do you? Which im guessing is the problem here.

Open source is when a given peace of computer software or a script, releaces its source code with a non-restrictive license that allows users to "use, change, and improve the software, and to redistribute it in modified or unmodified form.", this should NOT be confused with the avaibley of a scripts or programs source code.

I could also freely within an open source license just remove the copyright and pretend the whole thing were mine and sell it on as such, also. That would NOT be breaking an open source license agreement.

In summery.
Open source !== available source code.

IP, and Vb give away unencrypted source codes remember, there most certainly not open source.

I can quite easly and freely give out an script completely unencrypted and still retain all my rights to it, no open source licences needed. If you really wana go public with your script, do it properly and releace it to the public domain

QuickScriptz
14-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Wow! This is getting viscious out here ;)

Anyways thank you both for your comments on the issue at hand. Personally I always use a Creative Commons License for all my scripts because it says you must keep the copyright but you may modify it for personal use... but anyways...

Some of the functions file will be encrypted and thats final :P

WARM and FUZZY people!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!