PDA

View Full Version : New Game

Neil
12-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm working on an RPG, I need lots of ideas xD I don't want any questions "how are you making it" "want any coders?" etc. all I want is ideas for names of towns, citys, weapons and armour, I know what I'm doing so I don't need any help with development, I just need more ideas of what to name everything, I may also need help with making quests later when I've completed the map.

If you have an idea for anything just list it something like this

Towns - (List them)
Citys - (List them)
Weapons - (List them)
Armour - (List them)

I want names that sound sensible, not "Demon Sword" or "Fire Axe"
If I use the name you submit then you will receive credit for it.

Mr.Sam
12-06-2007, 11:45 AM
You should make it go against every rpg glitch in your signature. :D

Neil
12-06-2007, 11:47 AM
You should make it go against every rpg glitch in your signature. :D

Lol that'd probably take ages, I don't even think I've seen everything in the list :P

Neil
13-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Still need some ideas here..

Stephen!
13-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Sword of Keltash

Jazza
13-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Sounds interesting although more detail would be nice like the theme or setting or period lol. I'll just do a load of stuff

Towns - Lower Haven, Saal
Citys - Alpha Base, Irrican, Plicet, Argentuum
Weapons - Lite crossbow, Metsek 3, Scorpion rocket,
Armour - X200 Energy Shield, Crested shield, Bane-skin hide, Kevlar Bodysuit, Maiian Skull cap

Neil
13-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Sounds interesting although more detail would be nice like the theme or setting or period lol. I'll just do a load of stuff

Towns - Lower Haven, Saal
Citys - Alpha Base, Irrican, Plicet, Argentuum
Weapons - Lite crossbow, Metsek 3, Scorpion rocket,
Armour - X200 Energy Shield, Crested shield, Bane-skin hide, Kevlar Bodysuit, Maiian Skull cap

Haven't really got a fixed time period yet as I haven't started working on the story yet, just the map and various features, weapons can include anything really, swords, spears, clubs, claws, guns (hand guns) and armour just anything that sounds good, a little description of the item might be useful aswell, helping me set power, price and how hard it is to get hold of

Yggdrasill
14-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Shield name: The Absorbathon
special features: Can absorb 450 damage.
Drop rate: Very low.
Great

Dagger: Dragon's Claw
Damage: 120-180.
Drop rate: very low.
Great

Neil
14-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I was thinking about adding a bit for when you died you was instantly teleported to heaven and to become living again you had to do a task for an angel, what do you guys think?

Or do you think I should just teleport them to a sort of area representing heaven due to religious beliefs?

Jazza
14-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Well it would be good if you had to do something like a 'Demon trial' where if you win you get to live again and if you lose you have an hour non-playing time ie you're dead.

Expanding on my previous ideas:

Towns
Lower Haven- Rich inhabitants, a bit like hollywood but less hilly
Saal- Demon/peasent village, agrarian and uncultured
Citys
Alpha Base- Human settlement, advanced technologies and high security
Irrican- Magical creatures/ strong minded inhabitants
Plicet- Mercinaries here, lots of shops/thieves/muggers
Argentuum- Elders city, smartest and most politically powerful people
Weapons
Lite crossbow- Little damage except for headshots, found in Pilcet
Metsek 3- Human pistol, quite powerful and expensive.
Scorpion rocket- Very few in the game, can kill multiple enemies or destroy buildings
Armour
X200 Energy Shield- Human warrior shiled, rare and strong
Crested shield- Cheap to make and doesn't last long
Bane-skin hide- Very strong, can only be gaijned by killing and skinning a Bane
Kevlar Bodysuit- Human shield, defence against projectiles and knives
Maiian Skull cap- Total defence against all arial attacks including being hit in the head with any meelee weapon

Any help? Contact me if you need more ideas :)

Neil
14-06-2007, 07:30 PM
So far I have heaven, I may consider changing it though, so basically when you die you go to heaven, talk to the angel and she will give you a quest to go through the cave at the back, you go through fighting various monsters, I haven't decided what ones yet, when you reach the end you fight a small boss (it isn't gonna be a huge level 50 thing because level 5's need to kill it aswell lol)

Other than that today I've made a starting quest, god that took ages to code right xD got it working in the end though, you only get 100 gold from it but it involves like 15 seconds of fighting and walking like 13 steps xD

Jazza
14-06-2007, 07:36 PM
You could do a series of queestions and the more you get right the less monsters you have to fight?

Neil
14-06-2007, 07:50 PM
You could do a series of queestions and the more you get right the less monsters you have to fight?

I could try that I guess, having problems just making it so you go to heaven when you die xD I'm gonna leave it tonight, gonna work on that code when I get back from school tomorrow xD

alotest
15-06-2007, 04:30 PM
You could have a idea of karma then include hell (Basically like the heaven idea but complete a harder quest to get out) and the karma could decide whether you could use some items on the game.

Neil
15-06-2007, 04:52 PM
You could have a idea of karma then include hell (Basically like the heaven idea but complete a harder quest to get out) and the karma could decide whether you could use some items on the game.

I donno..I want people to be able to use a weapon just by gaining the level needed, maybe do a small quest before you can weild it, I don't like the idea of Karma to weild a weapon, maybe later when you get certain quests you can be good or evil, if you choose good you get like some sort of plus reputation thing and holy armour but if you choose bad then you get less of the reputation thing and evil armour, or just give you armour for whatever you choose then code it so you can't get the other set?

Fez
16-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Shroad Of The Kult

Tis a quest item you win or something or other...

Neil
16-06-2007, 10:25 PM
I was thinking about releasing a demo in a few months, once I've done more maps, coded more and added lots more quests, I'm also thinking about changing the characters graphics, don't really like the ones I have at the moment, but keep these ideas coming. ^^

+Rep to all who've submitted something

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!