PDA

View Full Version : Fastest and Cheapest 99? (+31 rep)

Neversoft
12-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Bet you thought Distad made this thread, huh. :P

Anyway the summer holidays are coming up so I'm gonna have loads of spare time in the evenings. So I thought I'd try get 99 in something, but I'm hardly rich on rs so it can't be a mega expensive skill and I wanna get it fast as I would also like to do a few other things over the holidays. So, please tell me the fastest and cheapest 99 atm? Also, if you could - How long it will take aswell.

I'll rep anyone who helps. :) Thanks.

:Delirium
12-06-2007, 10:58 PM
18m for about 60k yews for 99 fm. 60k yews from 70 i think and it would take 2-3 weeks straight, maybe 1 in summer if u do like 8 hours a day lol. Cooking takes 2 weeks max too, u might gain or lose depending on the prices u buy and sell for.

Axel
12-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Cooking is super fast and I made 2 mil from it, don't know about today's prices.

J1MI
12-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Cooking is cheapest and fastest.

Neil
12-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Woodcutting, can go from 1-60 in like a week, gets a little slower 70+ but if you keep working on it you get to 99 in probably like 2-3 months, good for making money aswell

Neversoft
12-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Well so far it looks like cooking and firemaking are a possibility. I could afford both of them. I know exactly what I'll have to burn and stuff for firemaking but could someone tell me what I'd have to cook for cooking and at what level I'd have to switch to cooking other stuff, etc.

@Neil - My wc is 30k off 76 atm, which is actually alot higher than my cooking and firemaking, but I'm not too keen on getting 99 wc. Plus I just sold my d wc axe aswell. :eusa_wall

I'll rep everyone who has posted so far. :) Ohh sorry Neil, I've given out too much in the last 24 hours. I'll put a reminder in my sig and rep you tomorrow. :)

12-06-2007, 11:10 PM
People say its best to cook lobsters till 94 then sharks so u dont burn, but i would say, for speed get 90 cooking by cooking lobs then cook sharks, a little money wasted but its well worth the speed, thanks for the rep btw :)

Brody
12-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Fletching you can actually make cash, but can be sometimes boring. Cooking is enjoyable because you usualy do it with people around.

Distad
12-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Bet you thought Distad made this thread, huh. :P

Anyway the summer holidays are coming up so I'm gonna have loads of spare time in the evenings. So I thought I'd try get 99 in something, but I'm hardly rich on rs so it can't be a mega expensive skill and I wanna get it fast as I would also like to do a few other things over the holidays. So, please tell me the fastest and cheapest 99 atm? Also, if you could - How long it will take aswell.

I'll rep anyone who helps. :) Thanks.

Fletching Or cooking
Fletching you can do once 70 ( fast )
Just buy Yew longs (u) And bow string and string ( fastest exp )
And you can make profit off them :P

And cooking
Which can be done in 1-3 weeks.
Do lobs once 64 ( I belive with guants ) so you dont burn all the way until 94 then once 94 you dont burn sharks anymore so continue on with sharks until 99 :)

12-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Distad, you shouldnt be giving advice at ALL, your not the one to talk. Go back to agility.

Distad
12-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Shut up. Just cause iv never acheived one dont mean i dont know which one is quickest and i dont know tips about em?
Why dont you get off my back and go outside or something?

Scouse
12-06-2007, 11:32 PM
cooking, do lobs till 94 make sure you have cooking gaunts and cook sharks till 99 very easy :)

12-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Your the one to talk, youve been making threads every half an hour while u tell others to go outside? Your dear FRIENDS tell you, you dont go outside and hangout. And also, you are right, you might know which is the fastest skill but you dont have the experience to actually tell people about how fast it actually IS. :)

Brody
12-06-2007, 11:41 PM
If you're worth the money, lobs to 90 then cook sharks. I burnt 300 sharks at 90 - 94.

BobX
12-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Cooking is the fastest as it takes about 3 weeks from 70-99

If you buy supplies first then about 2 and half weeks.
But some people dont like it so go for a harder 99, or fish to 99 then cook to 99 the fish u caught.

Hope i helpd you! x

Cwmbran
13-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Cooking
Fletching
Firemaking

Three easiest imo.
Cooking you can make a little bit of money from if you make sure you buy the right amount of what your cooking.

Fletching again you could make some money from this.

Firemaking your not going to make money from this. :P Buy willow logs from any free to play world lumbridge general store at an average of 12gp each I think.

Sly
13-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Cooking and fletching suck everyone has that cape.
Do firemaking or hunter which is also quite easy.
I`ve heard you can get from 80-99 in a month.

Groves
13-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Cooking is by far the fastest, but you'll need to buy the food to cook.

DPS
13-06-2007, 09:18 AM
If you have alot of time on your hands and you dont get bored easy trying hunter it's really good dont no if u can make alot of money from it thow i just started doin it yesterday

le harry
13-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Cooking is the easiest, I got it to 87 on my old account in 1 and a half weeks through the holidays, if your looking for money go for fishing then cook what you made then sell, you should end up with a few mil's once your done. It's a great investment, when fishing at Catherby for lobs theres always excitement :P

Dubble
13-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Cooking go roug's den then you can sell the cooked stuff Pl0x half your money back.

Neversoft
13-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Ok, thanks for all of the help guys! :) I'll rep you all later because it still says i've repped too much people in the last 24 hours.

I think I'll go for firemaking because everyone has cooking cape and I can't afford all the yews and bowstring for fletching. Hunter would be a cool choice, but my hunter is 1 atm and I hate fishing.

If I buy 95k maple logs then burn atleast 5k a day (should take around 3 hours) I could have 99 within 19 days. Although that would cost 8.5m. If I do willows I'd have to buy 143k logs, which would cost 3.5m-4.2m but it would take atleast 29 days. Although if I do what Cwnbran said and buy from F2P general store for 12gp it would only cost 1.7m. What do you recommend I burn!? :P

crans
13-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Cooking is fastested followed by Firemaking.

Bun
13-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Go for cooking and fletching ;). You make money for fletching which helps towards your cooking :P. Pretty quick and easy as well :P.

Rashelly
13-06-2007, 12:17 PM
And also, you are right, you might know which is the fastest skill but you dont have the experience to actually tell people about how fast it actually IS. :)

Nor do you, so just leave him alone?

Cooking is the fastest, you will lose some money though, fletching is second fastest, you make money with that.
But as Conor pointed out, everyone has those, so FM would probably be a nice change, and shouldn't take that long if you burn yews.
Hunter isn't supposed to take that long either, but it hates me and it takes me ages, so it depends how good a hunter you are really.

Torncitybest
13-06-2007, 12:44 PM
My personal advice would depend on what you wanted to do,

Cooking is very cheap and an easy i suppose seen as you dont loose all the money you can re sell it, but it is also kind of useless in the end because 99 cooking hasn't got any ways of making great money same if you wanted to do firemaking.

99 woodcutting might be a better idea by doing teak logs and getting people to firemake with you and you give them the logs you get aounrd 50-60k per hour with that method.

If you wanted a quick level 99 on a skill relating to attack etc i would say mage but you do loose around 20m in alchs

Finally my personal recommendation is that 99 cooking is the easier

Hope this helps ;)

kyle♥
13-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I think it's FM. It's only like 7M to buy 90k+ maples to get 99FM.

Cwmbran
13-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Although if I do what Cwnbran said and buy from F2P general store for 12gp it would only cost 1.7m. What do you recommend I burn!? :P

Only thing wrong with what I suggested is it takes along to time collect all the willows needed.
I my self bought a mixture from players and from the general store in lumbridge, cost me around 2.5M in total I think.

Good luck with it.

Jam
13-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Definatly Cooking, Its Fun And You Can Make Profit From Lobbies! Firemaking You Don't Actually Benifit From It That Much TBH.

kyle♥
13-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I see you wanna go for 99FM Chris. Let's to it together. I'm 71FM and going for 99. But I'm going to have breaks like for PKING and stuff.

Youheard
13-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I'd probably say firemaking, it's pretty cheap aswell if you get most of the maples from your kingdom like Micky (Faradomir) did. As Rachel said the firemaking cape is also less common although you get no profit at all. If you're after profit I'd say fletching although the cape is common.

Distad
13-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I'd probably say firemaking, it's pretty cheap aswell if you get most of the maples from your kingdom like Micky (Faradomir) did. As Rachel said the firemaking cape is also less common although you get no profit at all. If you're after profit I'd say fletching although the cape is common.

Ya do willows ( although take longer its alot cheaper ) buy from f2p general stores =P
And i probably see 1 firemaking cape aday lol.

I was talking to a freind in edgeville the otherday who was a 99 fletcher
And he said that in EVERY WORLD there is either a 99 fletcher or cooker =P

Jackboy
13-06-2007, 02:47 PM
LMAO! I actually thought "lol i can see whos flamed distad here"

Saw the +31 rep and thought "lol wow not distad"

Fletching is very boring..

Try fishing maybe? Or something where you can chat to people.. It passes alot of time

Distad
13-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I just saw this on a site ( Dont remember what xD )
But either you can go find a program that plays dvd's and set your runescape screen in the corner so all you can do is alch then watch the movie and click ( after a while you learn times between alchs )

OR do what rach did :P
Fish while you watch movies and when your inventory is full go bank em and run right back to fishing

Callum.
13-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Well so far it looks like cooking and firemaking are a possibility. I could afford both of them. I know exactly what I'll have to burn and stuff for firemaking but could someone tell me what I'd have to cook for cooking and at what level I'd have to switch to cooking other stuff, etc.

@Neil - My wc is 30k off 76 atm, which is actually alot higher than my cooking and firemaking, but I'm not too keen on getting 99 wc. Plus I just sold my d wc axe aswell. :eusa_wall

I'll rep everyone who has posted so far. :) Ohh sorry Neil, I've given out too much in the last 24 hours. I'll put a reminder in my sig and rep you tomorrow. :)

finally!

The Professor
13-06-2007, 03:05 PM
If you want a true challenge try runecrafting to 99 without using runners ;)

But on a serious note, if youre worried about money fletching is the best because you actually gain money and it is fairly fast. Cooking can break even if you can sell the cooked stuff for a decent price. Firemaking is fairly expensive but easy. If I was aiming for a 99, I'd go for slayer because its the least repetitive, you make fair amounts of money through drops and it trains combat at the same time. But fletching or cooking are fastest.

Distad
13-06-2007, 03:24 PM
If you want a true challenge try runecrafting to 99 without using runners ;)

But on a serious note, if youre worried about money fletching is the best because you actually gain money and it is fairly fast. Cooking can break even if you can sell the cooked stuff for a decent price. Firemaking is fairly expensive but easy. If I was aiming for a 99, I'd go for slayer because its the least repetitive, you make fair amounts of money through drops and it trains combat at the same time. But fletching or cooking are fastest.
99 slayer would takes years =\ i think you could probably get every other 99 by the time you got slayer >_<

Sly
13-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Tbh nobody care about a 99 fletching or cooking cape and you should get like 80 in a hard skill like farming that would be more admired and something you could be proud of imo

Distad
13-06-2007, 03:45 PM
You really dont see 99 Smithing or crafting. Or construction (H)
Theiving would be good
Go to the pyramid plunder and do it at the "Theiving Guild" that people have created =P
Who knows maybe you will make massive profit off it and get a pharos specter

Mitch4?
13-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Chris try fletching and cooking, you could get both 99 in 5-6 weeks if you try.
Fletching you'll make about 7million.
Cooking, depending on how well you merchant you could possible make a small bit

MR.H.SHAHZAD
13-06-2007, 05:01 PM
If you only want one upto lvl 99 then cooking by a mile which is also really cheap and if you wnat woodcutting and firemaking to 99 that is also pretty fast and is free.

Neversoft
13-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks everyone, but I've chosen to do firemaking. I had a look at the prices of maple logs are found out you can actually buy them for 70gp each. I've already got 30k and only need to buy another 65k, so I could probably buy them for 4.5m. I would do willows but If I have enough cash I might aswell do it faster with maples. Although it's just like burining money, I'd probably end up spending most of my cash recharging my crystal bow anyway. So yeah, I might aswell close this thread now before I owe even more people rep. :P I'll post a seperate one in the Goals section soon. :) I'll rep everyone I owe when I can.

I just saw this on a site ( Dont remember what xD )
But either you can go find a program that plays dvd's and set your runescape screen in the corner so all you can do is alch then watch the movie and click ( after a while you learn times between alchs )

OR do what rach did :P
Fish while you watch movies and when your inventory is full go bank em and run right back to fishing

Windows Media Player does that. I was watching Hot Fuzz while firemaking today. :D

finally!

I still didn't want to sell it, but I needed some cash. :( Maybe I'll buy another if I have enough spare cash left after I get 99. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!