PDA

View Full Version : Middlesbrough close to signing Tuncay

OMGitsaROSS
13-06-2007, 02:12 PM
http://www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/2e/3a/0,,1~3291694,00.jpg

Boro Agree Terms With Goal Ace

BORO have confirmed that Turkish goalscoring ace Tuncay Sanli will join the club from Fenerbahce subject to a medical next week.

The 25-year-old Turkey international, who is a free agent, is set to join Boro on a free transfer from Turkish champions Fenerbahce.

Boro chief executive Keith Lamb agreed personal terms with Tuncay yesterday after travelling out to Istanbul.

"Tuncay will travel to Teesside next week to take a medical," said Lamb. "He has agreed personal terms and the deal is a free transfer as the player is out of contract."

Turkey's first choice striker, Tuncay has scored 13 goals in 43 internationals, while hitting 59 goals in 154 league games for Fenerbahce over the past five seasons.

Although best known as a centre-forward, six-foot tall Tuncay has also played on both wings for club and country.

Strong, quick and with excellent dribbling skills, he is nicknamed Braveheart in his homeland because of his commitment to the cause.

He is currently Fenerbahce's all-time top scorer in Europe with 12 goals.

In December 2004 he became the first Turkish player ever to score a Champions League hat-trick as he scored all three goals in his side's 3-0 thrashing of Manchester United.

He also scored a hat-trick came in Turkey's World Cup qualifying play-off against Switzerland, although a 4-4 draw saw the Swiss go through on away goals.

:Hazel
13-06-2007, 02:13 PM
dunno much about him tbh ;l

the wombats
13-06-2007, 02:14 PM
this from the boro site of what people have emailed in about him.

TURKISH fans have contacted mfc.co.uk to send their best wishes to departing hero Tuncay Sanli and predict he will be a huge success in English football.
The emails began coming in late last night as news broke in Turkey that Boro had won the race for the 25-year-old forward.

"I have heard you have signed Fenerbahce captain Tuncay Sanli," wrote U*** Cihan. "If it's true Boro made the transfer of the year.

"He is a spectacular young player. I'm honestly jealous because I'm a Newcastle fan. He is Turkey's best player and one of the best players I have ever seen."

Cengiz Tecmen described Tuncay as the "perfect player" and expects him to achieve greatness with Boro.

"I am very sad that he left our team. He has a great character and he plays football by heart.

"Congratulations to Middlesbrough. Next year for sure your team will finish the league in top five."

Yamac Berki has been a Fenerbahce supporter for more than 30 years and says Tuncay is among the best players he has seen in that time.

"He is one of the most important players in the Turkish first division and has played a very important role in the team's success," he said.

"He is fast and aggressive but apart from this he is a real fair play contributor. I can say that he'll be the most successful Turkish player ever in the Premier League."

Ali Osman Kara wrote: "Tuncay Sanli is a great player, he has a unbelievable performance, a great energy and I think he will be very useful to Boro.

"Congratulations. You didn't transfer only a player, you have a Braveheart."

And Tuncay fan Erkal pledged his allegiance to Boro after hearing of the star's decision.

"Congratulations Tuncay has become your player, it means I will support also Middlesbrough together with Fenerbahçe," he said.

he sounds excellent. :Ocass14 can't wait to see him play in the prem.

OMGitsaROSS
13-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I can't wait either, the Turks must really be obsessed with him seeing as one is going to support Boro next season (H)

"Congratulations to Middlesbrough. Next year for sure your team will finish the league in top five." - Quote of the year.

Jordie
13-06-2007, 03:48 PM
sounds like a good player but until hes scoring goals at premiership level im not convinced

summer
13-06-2007, 03:49 PM
looks pretty promising. the only problem will be getting used to english football. if he can do that, he looks to be a star buy (although, you can't rly go wrong. even if he only gets a couple of goals, you got him for free)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!