PDA

View Full Version : Your views on PS3 V Xbox360.

Technologic
13-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Every thread there is that has anything to do with either the Xbox360 or the PS3 a huge argument erupts about which is best. To be honest i think it's childish. [even thought i did participate]

For starters it always begins with

"The xbox360 is so much cheaper than the PS3"

The reason for this is that the Ps3 online gaming capability is free while the Xbox 260's costs around £80 a year. Plus the Ps3 has a more advacned cpu + a larger hdd which is bound to drive up the price. Many people overlook these facts

Then there is

"There are so many more games for the Xbox360"

The ps3 has only just come out .>_> There wont be that many games.

Then

"The graphics on an Xbox are so much better"

The graphics are ver similar in quality. They both have their ups and downs.

To be honest i don't see what this huge argument is about.

Your views? :]

mangle
13-06-2007, 03:55 PM
The xbox costs about 40 to go online my friend.
It would cost more if you decide you want a wireless adapter.

GoldenMerc
13-06-2007, 03:55 PM
The only reason i got a 360 is because of:
Halo 2+ plus 3 oviously
Xbox live is one of the main features,Say if i got perm again on my xbox i'd proberly consider a Ps3 but i do think Ps3 will never have games near as good as Halo,That just makes the Xbox its self

Dentafrice,
13-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Not many have a PS3 and just believe what their friends say and take the side of an Xbox 360.

I have both consoles and I am lucky too

In my opinion the PS3 has much better graphics and processing power as it has the "cell" processor which is the only one of its kind.

The 360 does not have as much processing power.

The graphics on the PS3 can be shaded and detailed alot more and faster then that of an XBox 360.

I love both consoles, but playstation 1 was before xbox, and I love the controller.

Neil
13-06-2007, 04:05 PM
These arguements are stupid, they're just consoles =/ PS3 has better stuff because it was delayed so many times, it's only exclusive good games imo is Motorstorm, the online sucks and it forces you to buy a high definition DVD player, yea the DVD player is cheap when you buy PS3 but it's still a lot if you don't want the DVD player, the 360 hasn't got better graphics than PS3 but graphics don't matter, it has now got a larger HDD if you buy the 120Gb version and yes it does have various bugs that cause it to malfunction but if you still have warrenty call up and they'll fix/replace it, the 360 has online, which sucks you have to pay for but it's better than any other console atm, especially now with multi-plateform games out (Halo 2, Shadowrun and Uno) and more to come, I'd get all the next gen consoles to get all the games I want

Minstrels
13-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I thought we sorted this all out AGESSSSSSSSSSSS ago?

Well to settle it again

THERE BOTH DIFFERENT.
THEY BOTH HAVE GOOD POINTS
THEY BOTH HAVE BAD POINTS

There both great in different aspects, end of ok?

Technologic
13-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I thought we sorted this all out AGESSSSSSSSSSSS ago?

Well to settle it again

THERE BOTH DIFFERENT.
THEY BOTH HAVE GOOD POINTS
THEY BOTH HAVE BAD POINTS

There both great in different aspects, end of ok?

i said that

Dentafrice,
13-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I am going to settle this right now so their is no more arguing.

http://www.****************/uploads/8f2d3a43b5.jpg

Oni
13-06-2007, 05:58 PM

Thats against the wii :@

Dentafrice,
13-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Haha, the Wii is more of a playpretty, kiddy wise. Not machine gun :)

Neil
13-06-2007, 06:02 PM

Then why the heck is 360 an M1A1 or whatever that is?

Dentafrice,
13-06-2007, 06:04 PM
an M1A1 is a tank.

Neil
13-06-2007, 06:05 PM
an M1A1 is a tank.

It's a gun aswell lol

Dentafrice,
13-06-2007, 06:08 PM
hmm, I dont think its called an M1A1 though is it..

Bear-Max
13-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Every thread there is that has anything to do with either the Xbox360 or the PS3 a huge argument erupts about which is best. To be honest i think it's childish. [even thought i did participate]

For starters it always begins with

"The xbox360 is so much cheaper than the PS3"

The reason for this is that the Ps3 online gaming capability is free while the Xbox 260's costs around £80 a year. Plus the Ps3 has a more advacned cpu + a larger hdd which is bound to drive up the price. Many people overlook these facts

Then there is

"There are so many more games for the Xbox360"

The ps3 has only just come out .>_> There wont be that many games.

Then

"The graphics on an Xbox are so much better"

The graphics are ver similar in quality. They both have their ups and downs.

To be honest i don't see what this huge argument is about.

Your views? :]
Your entire post just seems to be an argument for why the PS3 is better. You're not doing very much to break he "fanboy" mould to be honest.

Graphics: PS3 > Xbox 360
This graphical difference is to about the same degree as the Xbox's greater power of the PS2. However anyone that says that PS3 games look better right now are lying (with a few exceptions such as Motorstorm looking quite fantastic). The PS3's extra horsepower is going to take a few years to be properly exploited.

A.I.: Xbox 360 > PS3
The PS3's cell lends itself well to graphics, but the three cores of the 360 means it is going to be able to produce better artificial intelligence. This is becoming more important and the industry is pretty much on the verge of photorealism already.

Games: ?
If you like shooters, the 360 is more worth your while. It has a brilliant array of FPS games ranging from Halo 3 to Bioshock to GoW (okay, that's third person :P). Also, the 360's less convoluted programming means it is becoming the lead format for multi-platform games like EA Sports titles and many film licences (meaning that PS3 versions are in effect 'ports' from the 360 coding). However if Japanese Roleplayers are your thing, then the PS3 is your best bet. Whilst keeping games on a single platform is all but pointless considering development costs, the Japanese have been pretty lukewarm when responding to the 360. However support is growing with Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC, Blue Dragon, N3, Earth Defence Force and more coming to the console. RPGs though will thrive mostly on the PS3 so don't expect to be able to play Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest on the 360 any time soon.

Price: Xbox 360 > PS3
I guess this is partly subjective too, but the 360's £199 entry-level price certainly puts it way ahead of the PS3, and the £279.99 (often bundled with 2 games and an extra controller now) still puts it way head of Sony's £425 machine. However if you really feel you need a BluRay player then the PS3 could well be worth the investment. However BluRay player prices will drop if the system takes off and it might end up being a bit pointless. If the PS3's price drops it's certainly going to be a different story.

Online (thanks Neil :P): Xbox 360 > PS3
Oo the outcry I'm going to hear from the PS3 fans. I'm not trying to be biased here, but Xbox Live is over and above anything else in online console gaming. It's got it just right: a centralised service with over 6 million users, messaging, MSN integration, voice chat, demos, trailers, and more. And it's got the Xbox Live Arcade, which is brewing a wonderful mix of both retro titles (original and reworked) and indie games from developers. It may cost £35-40 but it's worth it. While the PSN service is free, it just can't offer what XBL does and that's inevitable: XBl has been going since the original Xbox and being the computer giant that Microsoft is nobody understands the market better.

Neil
13-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Your entire post just seems to be an argument for why the PS3 is better. You're not doing very much to break he "fanboy" mould to be honest.

Graphics: PS3 > Xbox 360
This graphical difference is to about the same degree as the Xbox's greater power of the PS2. However anyone that says that PS3 games look better right now are lying (with a few exceptions such as Motorstorm looking quite fantastic). The PS3's extra horsepower is going to take a few years to be properly exploited.

A.I.: Xbox 360 > PS3
The PS3's cell lends itself well to graphics, but the three cores of the 360 means it is going to be able to produce better artificial intelligence. This is becoming more important and the industry is pretty much on the verge of photorealism already.

Games: ?
If you like shooters, the 360 is more worth your while. It has a brilliant array of FPS games ranging from Halo 3 to Bioshock to GoW (okay, that's third person :P). Also, the 360's less convoluted programming means it is becoming the lead format for multi-platform games like EA Sports titles and many film licences (meaning that PS3 versions are in effect 'ports' from the 360 coding). However if Japanese Roleplayers are your thing, then the PS3 is your best bet. Whilst keeping games on a single platform is all but pointless considering development costs, the Japanese have been pretty lukewarm when responding to the 360. However support is growing with Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC, Blue Dragon, N3, Earth Defence Force and more coming to the console.

Price: Xbox 360 > PS3
I guess this is partly subjective too, but the 360's £199 entry-level price certainly puts it way ahead of the PS3, and the £279.99 (often bundled with 2 games and an extra controller now) still puts it way head of Sony's £425 machine. However if you really feel you need a BluRay player then the PS3 could well be worth the investment. However BluRay player prices will drop if the system takes off and it might end up being a bit pointless. If the PS3's price drops it's certainly going to be a different story.

You forgot networking :P

Bear-Max
13-06-2007, 06:20 PM
It's in there now :P

And Ozzie... "That's against the Wii"? So what? (a) How is it that likening the Wii to a SuperSoaker could possibly make you angry? (b) What's wrong with SuperSoakers? They're much more fun than machine guns.

Dentafrice,
13-06-2007, 06:28 PM
It's in there now :P

And Ozzie... "That's against the Wii"? So what? (a) How is it that likening the Wii to a SuperSoaker could possibly make you angry? (b) What's wrong with SuperSoakers? They're much more fun than machine guns.
No, supersoakers get someone wet.

Machine guns make the al kida bodies jump around.

GoldenMerc
13-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Which gun is better ?!!?!?!

Bear-Max
13-06-2007, 06:35 PM
No, supersoakers get someone wet.

Machine guns make the al kida bodies jump around.
I'd prefer to get someone wet than fill them with holes. 'Murder' isn't a past-time of mine I'm afraid :)

CrazyColaist
13-06-2007, 07:04 PM

soz babe but wii is like

Wii is not babyish. its heavy and strong.

http://i7.tinypic.com/5ysvoua.jpg

Cool--
13-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I dno what is better but they are both awsome

But we will never know whats better.

chips
14-06-2007, 01:44 AM

haha good one

Ryyder
14-06-2007, 03:46 AM
CI personally have the 360. I have owned an XBOX AND PS2. Xbox is still alive and working GREAT. PS2 died after 2 years. I will not buy the PS3 unless it gets down to 200-250. It isnt my type of console. The 360 has the greatest online system. It is the only reason i play games and have them is because of online.

360 ALL THE WAY

:)

Neil
14-06-2007, 09:26 AM
soz babe but wii is like

Wii is not babyish. its heavy and strong.

http://i7.tinypic.com/5ysvoua.jpg

I think the Wii should be a knife, quiet and small, wouldn't expect it to come out on top

Groves
14-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm not fond of Fighting / Shooting games, so Wii all the way :).

:Hazel
14-06-2007, 11:40 AM
i have an xbox myself but i wouldnt dispute people buying a ps3 if they wanted to :s

Putal
14-06-2007, 11:59 AM
XBOX get bigger games, in my opinion.

Neversoft
14-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Well the PS3 hasn't done very well so far, if the price ever drops it might appeal to a bigger audience but the 360 is goign to win this war ten times over.

FGS, I'm sick of people saying that Nintendo is for kids! Read this (http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=3548227&postcount=21) post I did in another thread then reply back to me. Nintendo is NOT for kids. Manhunt 2 is coming out for the Wii, but not the 360 and If I remember correctly the first Manhunt actually got banned. Also, the game is developed by Rockstar. Rockstar Games also developed the GTA series. This alone should prove that the Wii does not have a 'kiddy' image. :@

Dentafrice,
14-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Okay,

As I have said many times. Nintendo is known for "animated" games such as mario which appeal to all usually. Thats mostly all they make. The animated style of games with no "real" perspective such as Halo does on the XBox. Or Call of Duty. Those games would never be good on the Wii.

Neil
14-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Okay,

As I have said many times. Nintendo is known for "animated" games such as mario which appeal to all usually. Thats mostly all they make. The animated style of games with no "real" perspective such as Halo does on the XBox. Or Call of Duty. Those games would never be good on the Wii.

Call of Duty 3 is on the Wii, I think a Medal of Honor game is aswell :rolleyes:

Dentafrice,
14-06-2007, 01:49 PM
COD is on their, but I hate it, I heard the graphics stink and it was a waste of money.

Neil
14-06-2007, 02:05 PM
COD is on their, but I hate it, I heard the graphics stink and it was a waste of money.

It's still "that type of game" though, the graphics are not that bad, and how can you hate it if you've only heard about it?

Dentafrice,
14-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I hate alot of things I have heard about. I hate almost everything until it changes my mind.

Neil
14-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I hate alot of things I have heard about. I hate almost everything until it changes my mind.

So you'll hate something before even seeing what it's like? Hm..That's sad..

Dentafrice,
14-06-2007, 02:37 PM
No, I have seen it. Just never played it.

It was at Gamestop on display. But it was only the demo and the graphics/controls sucked. Everyone there was having a hard time even playing it, even the guy doing the demo.

Neil
14-06-2007, 02:51 PM
No, I have seen it. Just never played it.

It was at Gamestop on display. But it was only the demo and the graphics/controls sucked. Everyone there was having a hard time even playing it, even the guy doing the demo.

Well you can't say something sucks just from looking at it, and how do you know he wasn't just new to playing the Wii?

Dentafrice,
14-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Well you can't say something sucks just from looking at it, and how do you know he wasn't just new to playing the Wii?
Hmm, he worked there, the wii had been there for ages, and I saw him play zelda earlier.

You can decide you hate something by seeing it.

Neil
14-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Hmm, he worked there, the wii had been there for ages, and I saw him play zelda earlier.

You can decide you hate something by seeing it.

No you can't, that's like assuming it stinks, for all you know you could play it yourself and love it =/ I was round my mates saw him playing GH2, didn't look to good to me but I thought I'd try it out, bought it and I love it

Dentafrice,
14-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Depends on what it is, I saw my friend using this cheap mp3 player that cuts off every 5 songs and you have to recharge it.

I hate it.

Neil
14-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Depends on what it is, I saw my friend using this cheap mp3 player that cuts off every 5 songs and you have to recharge it.

I hate it.

That might just be his one though?
It's like me saying I hate you, I can't because I have no idea who you are and you've not done anything wrong to me, you can't hate something or someone without trying it yourself or actually knowing who it is and having a reason to hate them

Dentafrice,
14-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I see what your saying.

Lets quit arguing.

Neil
14-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I see what your saying.

Lets quit arguing.

This is arguing? Lol

Dentafrice,
14-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Hmm, well off topic :P

I am just tired of posting lolol

Frodo13.
14-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Well the PS3 hasn't done very well so far, if the price ever drops it might appeal to a bigger audience but the 360 is goign to win this war ten times over.

The PS3 is the fastest selling console in Britain...so ya, it has done well. Sony has made loads on the PS3, even if they havnt sold as many units as other consoles, the price makes up for it. As soon as the prices drop, PS3 will win this war...10 times over :)

Oni
14-06-2007, 04:09 PM
The PS3 is the fastest selling console in Britain...so ya, it has done well. Sony has made loads on the PS3, even if they havnt sold as many units as other consoles, the price makes up for it. As soon as the prices drop, PS3 will win this war...10 times over :)
True but only because the wii and 360s werent available at launch because of lack of units. At no point have I seen a shop with a sold out sign for PS3s yet Swindon [where I live] still doesnt have wiis in stock.

Neil
14-06-2007, 04:22 PM
True but only because the wii and 360s werent available at launch because of lack of units. At no point have I seen a shop with a sold out sign for PS3s yet Swindon [where I live] still doesnt have wiis in stock.

Same for Stevenage, you still have to pre-order a Wii if you want it here, PS3 has never been sold out here and 360's been sold out a few times

Agent 47
14-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Sure, the PS3 may have been the fastest selling console at launch, but it was highly anticipated and many people were disappointed when it finally came out.

I, for one, have played both consoles and played many of the games on both, and believe that the Xbox 360 is better. It was Xbox Live that won it over for me. Sure, the Playstation Network may be free, but it doesn't have all the features of Microsoft's subscription service, which is well worth the money. Gamercards, Gamer profiles and Achievement points are very original and I hope that more features like this are still to come in future updates :)

Bear-Max
14-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah the PS3's title of fastest-selling console, while deserving congratulations, really was just down to having enough stock. PS3s have never sold out in the UK.

PS. COD3 on the Wii sucks.

Pyroka
14-06-2007, 06:49 PM

Mhmm... For ten minutes that is. If anyone's going to 'win this war, ten times over', I think it's pretty obvious who it'll be. I don't even have to say it really, the console speaks for itself unlike the PS3.

Frodo13.
14-06-2007, 07:05 PM

Thats because the Wii and 360 dont provide enough units for the demand. PS3 do.

Neil
14-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Thats because the Wii and 360 dont provide enough units for the demand. PS3 do.

Ok for a start the consoles don't supply themselves, for future reference I suggest you start by saying the company names when talking about them like that because it makes you look very dense
Another thing, Nintendo can't keep with the demand because almost everyone pre-orders them now, once a shop is out of pre-orders they need more and it's almost like an endless cycle, PS3 might of been fastest selling for a while but 360 and Wii still have more units sold and once again were probably not expecting the amount of sales they got, the Wii could of EASILY got fastest selling console if they had more when they launched it, the 360 might of been the same, the fact PS3 got it was purely down to Sony being big headed and assuming everyone would wanna get the PS3 A.S.A.P

Neversoft
14-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Okay,

I beg to differ. Ever heard of Zelda? Also, I enjoyed COD3 on Wii. You still haven't given any actual reason as to why you think they will never be as good as they would be on 360. You're talking aload of crap tbh, atleast back up your opinions with reasons.

It still hasn't out sold any of the other consoles... and when will the prices drop? Lmao. Xbox ftw. Everyone I know who owned a PS2 is either buying a Wii or 360, or both.

On another note, Nintendo won the war against Sega and now Sega make games for their system. There is nothing stopping the Wii beating both the 360 and PS3. The Wii might not be the most powerful console, but it definitely has the much better technology. Japan is one of the fastest developing countrys in the world, whatever generation of consoles, Nintendo will always be one step ahead.

EDIT: Looking at the link Aflux posted, over half of the people who have visited that site prefer the Wii. It has over 150,000 more votes than the 360 and over 215,000 more votes than the PS3.

Technologic
14-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Can i just point out the Ps2 still outsells all 3 next gen consoles by a large margin

mangle
14-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I actually think out of the three the WII is the better console. Proud 360 owner but the WII is great fun and DOES have games for the serious gamers!

Agent 47
14-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Can i just point out the Ps2 still outsells all 3 next gen consoles by a large margin
So wait, you started this thread about PS3 vs Xbox 360 then state that the PS2 sells more units than them? We're talking about NEXT GEN not last gen -.-

Aflux
14-06-2007, 08:50 PM
www.nexgenwars.com

Azul
14-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Just though i'd share this link as a matter of interest.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6171831/index.html?tag=topslot;title;4

Neil
14-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Just though i'd share this link as a matter of interest.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6171831/index.html?tag=topslot;title;4

I prefer the 360 ones, the PS3 ones look really blurry :S

Bear-Max
14-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Of course it does. It's cheap and has a large choice of quality titles. I'm pretty sure the PS1 would have outsold the PS2 for quite a while after it launched.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!