PDA

View Full Version : Radio DJ Panel v4 - Coming Soon!

QuickScriptz
15-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Yes, it's the announcement you've all been waiting for... I have now officially started coding the Radio DJ Panel v4! This panel will include some cool new features that have been requested by a variety of different users and also feature a new exclusive paid plugin program with cool addons that you can purchase to addon to your DJ Panel.

All the old features will still be included in the free version along with some other cool requests and such but seperate addons (like the Rare Values Addon, News Reporter Addon, etc). These will all have extra special features not available in the normal panel to suit your sites specific needs. This will give site administrators the opportunity to turn the Radio DJ Panel into an all-in-one site management tool that can be easily integrated with no fuss at all!

Now you're probably wondering why I would make another version so soon right? Well here's the answer; The old panel was coded fine and is secure and everything but is very difficult to edit (as some may have noticed). And no we're not talking about the encryption, I mean it just uses so many different files to do so many different things! This version will fix all that! No more needing to call 2 different files just for the layout and then another 2 to make the panel run, oh no, that's the past now!

This new feature packed panel will be fully customizable in it's layout, code, and just about everything else! Oh, and best of all, it's UN-ENCRYPTED. The only part that will be encrypted is the callback scripts and other stuff that is just there to keep the panel running. This is just to make sure copyrights remain in place and do not in any way stop or make it more difficult for you to try and edit the panel.

So, let's get to the good part... features! Here is an idea of some of the new stuff coming up in v4:
-Ability to mass pm users
-New reply button when viewing messages
-Admin SQL query toolbox
-DJ Says auto-adds your dj name
-Enhanced staff chat
-Public staff list
-Lots more...

Just to give everyone an idea of what is coming here is a little teaser of the script. Don't drule!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/quickscriptz/loading_teaser.gif
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/quickscriptz/loading_teaser.gif

Feel free to post comments and feature suggestions below.

Arriving in September!

Mentor
15-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Sounds good, plus i like your loading graphic :p Somewhat uninformative preview though :p

if your not already id highly suggest an oop apprach, even if youve never done it before, the benfits in ease of codeing and modification are huge when you get used to it :D

Highjacker-x
15-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Very nice Scriptz.

+rep If I can.

QuickScriptz
15-06-2007, 01:06 AM
if your not already id highly suggest an oop apprach, even if youve never done it before, the benfits in ease of codeing and modification are huge when you get used to it :D

And what might an "oop" approach be? Or is it just slang for something that I'm not cluing in on?

Rep returned Hijacker! (srry gotta spread)

EDIT: Wait.... is it opensource something?

Mentor
15-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Object Oriented code. Objects, methods and propertys... or more accuralty in php's case. Use class's to group the code in to objects, which will store and contain a number of reusable methods.

Say u have a db class, which u can define as say $DB.
Then for any db acivity you can just call it, over and over again without needing to do any more codeing.
$DB->query(" sql here ");
$DB->connect("username","dbname","dbpass","host");

etc etc.

Sets the code out nice and clearly and u can completly rewrite how one object actuly works, without haveing to change the rest of script :p

QuickScriptz
15-06-2007, 01:20 AM
I added you on MSN. I would like to know a little more about this opp. Sounds interesting/like a good thing to try :)

GoldenMerc
15-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Looks goooood

Tomm
15-06-2007, 06:58 AM
If you need any help with object oriented programming you can also contact me. My UserSystem was totally coded using OOP.

Mr.OSH
15-06-2007, 07:22 AM
It will be nice to see you create yet another brilliant DJ Panel, good luck if it goes ahead + rep. :)

QuickScriptz
15-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey Guys! Thanks for all the great responses. Glad to hear that everyone is looking forward to v4 :)

@Tomm - going to PM you

ebay
15-06-2007, 02:23 PM
could be quite hard to compete with powerpanel but good luck bud

QuickScriptz
15-06-2007, 07:26 PM
could be quite hard to compete with powerpanel but good luck bud

No offense or anything to Simon but my panel can pretty much do everything his can, and more. It also started like 2-3 years ago, came out like 2 months before his, has tons of users, and is fairly well-known.

I think I'll be fine ;)

Sidenote - what does everyone think of the layout?

GoldenMerc
16-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I like the layout,I will most likely be using this when its out.

Blob
16-06-2007, 11:14 AM
I dont like that fact your encrypting it. Anywho, good luck.

Mashi
16-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Hmmmmmmmm - Good +rep

:)

QuickScriptz
16-06-2007, 10:14 PM
I dont like that fact your encrypting it. Anywho, good luck.

You don't like the fact that I'm encrypting 1 maybe two functions to try and keep my copyright in place? That's a little selfish of you wouldn't you say?

It's not like im encrypting anything really important so you can't mod it or anything! :P

chrisgocrazyH
17-06-2007, 04:10 AM
No offense or anything to Simon but my panel can pretty much do everything his can, and more. It also started like 2-3 years ago, came out like 2 months before his, has tons of users, and is fairly well-known.

I think I'll be fine ;)

Sidenote - what does everyone think of the layout?

wheres da layout all i see is loading screen?

Blob
17-06-2007, 09:27 AM
You don't like the fact that I'm encrypting 1 maybe two functions to try and keep my copyright in place? That's a little selfish of you wouldn't you say?

It's not like im encrypting anything really important so you can't mod it or anything! :P

Maybe add a tracker and encode that, and then like if you go on a site on the list of what the tracker has gave you and they dont have the copyright on, just ask their host to remove it. Simple.

QuickScriptz
17-06-2007, 12:51 PM
wheres da layout all i see is loading screen?

Lol - it isn't there yet... I haven't even made the full blown layout yet... but it will be a similar colour scheme to the loader (which has been changed anyways).

Maybe add a tracker and encode that, and then like if you go on a site on the list of what the tracker has gave you and they dont have the copyright on, just ask their host to remove it. Simple.

That is what I planned on doing. Basically I'm only going to encrypt the parts that I use to keep track of stuff.

Sunny.
17-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Looks quite nice, Cant wait till its out :)

chrisgocrazyH
17-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Ok, i like the loading screen +rep

QuickScriptz
18-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Glad everyone likes it :)

I am recoding it top-to-bottom so it might take awhile but the it will be worth it :D

Rep returned.

chrisgocrazyH
27-06-2007, 08:36 AM
i made a logo for it:
http://www.uploadz.co.uk/68header.gif

QuickScriptz
27-06-2007, 03:34 PM

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!