PDA

View Full Version : Americans get all the good games 1st

PaulMacC
15-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Why do they get all the good games first.
We're the same language and why do they need to change the ratings because RE4 is 15 here and is 18 there.

We're basically all the same arent we ?

Duck Hunt
15-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Im American. They dont. Japan usually gets all good games first and most games here come alot later. You got the PSP before we did. and Xbox 360 i beleive

Minstrels
15-06-2007, 10:47 PM
No we didn't USA got the 360, PS3 and the PSP before the UK, I think anyway...

Duck Hunt
15-06-2007, 10:54 PM
i thought uk did.. :L

GommeInc
15-06-2007, 10:57 PM
JP has aload of new games hit there first. Consoles vary depending on make, and normally hit the JP or US. JP for the Wii, US for PS3.

Bear-Max
16-06-2007, 01:09 AM
America gets things first (well, before we do) because they all speak English. In Europe we have English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and quite a few more. It's just a lot more translating to do. Well, that and the fact that Nintendo and Sony, among others, seem to hate Europe.

Simmzay
16-06-2007, 02:52 AM
Indeed. Converting PAL games to all the languages takes time and we can't avoid that. But what I'd like is for games to be region-free, or maybe you should just port.

mmhmm.
16-06-2007, 03:01 AM
America gets things first (well, before we do) because they all speak English. In Europe we have English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and quite a few more. It's just a lot more translating to do. Well, that and the fact that Nintendo and Sony, among others, seem to hate Europe.
we don't all speak english..?

but i see your point.

and by americans, does this include all of north america? because in canada, a lot of people speak french, right?

Simmzay
16-06-2007, 04:37 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NTSC-PAL-SECAM.svg

Aflux
16-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, Japan are 7 years ahead of us in technology, USA 3 - maybe that says something?

PriceTags
16-06-2007, 10:01 PM
There was someone in this month's Official Nintendo Magazine who said exactly the same thing. But he acted as if England was the only country (let alone Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - I'm a believer in all things British, having a bit of Scottishness and Welshness in me), and he aparrently has an English DS. His problem was that the American games worked on his English DS, and he couldn't see why they couldn't release them here. I bet it came as a shock to him that he in fact owned a European DS.

Simmzay
17-06-2007, 01:43 AM
It really is easy to port and get games from overseas, just how I got Super Paper Mario. And with the DS, you can just download games and play them for free, regardless of region.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!