PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the mood for...

.Suzu.
16-06-2007, 04:39 AM
Anyone in the mood for making a site compatible for all browsers?

Blob
16-06-2007, 08:20 AM
What the? What? All sites should be compatitable in browsers.

.Suzu.
16-06-2007, 10:14 AM
??

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

ScottDiamond
16-06-2007, 10:37 AM
??

What the hell are you on about? Go on back to your little Habbo Discussion forum.

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

Callum.
16-06-2007, 10:43 AM
What the hell are you on about? Go on back to your little Habbo Discussion forum.

shut up, you're so far up your ..

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

Mashi
16-06-2007, 11:45 AM
SUZU!
Your a site manager you should know better !

Most sites are

Ini
16-06-2007, 12:22 PM
LOL - All sites are compatible with all browsers..

Some display a bit diffrently (sizes)

But they still work..

Kieran
16-06-2007, 12:48 PM
I think she means one that's coded properly to be displayed right in all browsers and not have like lines through things in Firefox and not in IE.

Hitman
16-06-2007, 12:50 PM
What the hell are you on about? Go on back to your little Habbo Discussion forum.You're really annoying now, go back to your baby website.

I think she means one that's coded properly to be displayed right in all browsers and not have like lines through things in Firefox and not in IE.
Yeah, that's what she means.

Kieran
16-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Some people are so up their own *****...

When someone asks for help, give it to them. They aren't asking for the fun of it. They're asking cause they want help!

Hitman
16-06-2007, 12:57 PM

When someone asks for help, give it to them. They aren't asking for the fun of it. They're asking cause they want help!

Exactly man, but the Scott just keeps on acting as if he's the boss.

Well, to the girl who wanted to do the browser layout thing, do you have a layout already?

Jõnathan
16-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Exactly man, but the Scott just keeps on acting as if he's the boss.

Well, to the girl who wanted to do the browser layout thing, do you have a layout already?

He's abused me before for saying things - and he thinks I have a Myspace or a Piczo!
:rolleyes:
Anyway, Suzu was told before that her current layout only works in IE.

Kieran
16-06-2007, 04:16 PM
It needs recoding then and checking in FireFox. I can have a go for you. Coding wont be brilliant but I can probably get it working in both. PM me the layout if you want me to :D

.Suzu.
17-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Obviously I mean making it viewable through all browsers, not just IE...
Use your brain .. :rolleyes:

JamesRouale
17-06-2007, 03:57 AM
WHAT THE HELL?

You're asking us to design a layout and make it cross-browser compatible because we're in the 'mood'?

.Suzu.
17-06-2007, 08:00 AM
WHAT THE HELL?

You're asking us to design a layout and make it cross-browser compatible because we're in the 'mood'?
Oh my god..
I HATE forumers who are just out to abuse others.
If you don't want to help, shut your mouth.
No one needs to hear your feisty blabber.

.Suzu.
17-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Yes, Zengo
I have the layout :)

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Moderator): Please do not double post, please edit your previous post.

Aflux
17-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Code it properly and use good hosting - you'll be sorted then.

Heinous
18-06-2007, 03:07 AM
Drop me a PM if you still need one done.

Mentor
18-06-2007, 04:32 AM
o.0 In the mood? If anyone here has any self respect as a web designer, EVERY site they make should ALWAYS display correctly in ANY browser. Its not something you do, just because your in the "mood" to do it, its how your SUPPOSED to do it. If it doesn't work properly in all browsers thats ether because:
A: Your doing it wrong.
B: You've done it "too" right so IE6 decided to **** it up. A few browser hacks or a bit of creative coding become necessary here.

Although for one thing, if it works in IE6 but not other browsers it is definitively without doubt coded incorrectly, as IE6 and web standards REALLY dont mix...

Correct me if im wrong, but where exactly in the initial post did she ask for help? she asked if people were in the mood to make a layout properly, hence people correctly responded say, You should always make a layout properly, its not something you get in to the mood to do? Seems a pretty stupid way of working if your aiming to do it wrong?

MR.H.SHAHZAD
18-06-2007, 06:16 PM
lol guess what her own site isn't coded in all formats it is not displayable in anything but IE6 www.habbospeaker.com but where as http://hmit.com.au is.

.Suzu.
19-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Gee, how smart of you!
I guess that's why I posted this thread!
You are so intelligent!
I like you just as much as I like your domain.........

Mentor
19-06-2007, 12:12 PM
lol guess what her own site isn't coded in all formats it is not displayable in anything but IE6 www.habbospeaker.com but where as http://hmit.com.au is.

Your website Really doesn't justifies any boasting. True its just able tp pull of displaying more aless properly in multiple browsers, but your codes still pretty poor, as is the fact you put in an xhtml decoration when the code isnt even up to normal html standards 0.o

.Suzu.
20-06-2007, 05:48 AM
Your website Really doesn't justifies any boasting. True its just able tp pull of displaying more aless properly in multiple browsers, but your codes still pretty poor, as is the fact you put in an xhtml decoration when the code isnt even up to normal html standards 0.o
Are you speaking english?

Flisker
20-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Just follow this: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.habbospeaker.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

And that SHOULD sort it not sure though

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!