PDA

View Full Version : I need help getting online.

kyle♥
16-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I've always used the Ethernet cable way. Now I've got a xbox in my room and a Wireless networking adaptar. I don't know the IP adress, gateway or anything. How do I find these so I can then connect to a bridge which is downstairs in the landing of the stairs so I can get on Xbox live?

All good help will get rep ;).

alexxxxx
16-06-2007, 07:32 PM
just to clarify you want your network to go like this (you're not very clear):

xbox ))) bridge------router/modem

Greig,
16-06-2007, 07:57 PM
you really should of bought a Wireless adapter for your computer... then plug an Ethernet Cable from your computer to your xbox and you would have internet on your pc and on Xbox live. You still can... a wireless PSI card is about a £5 on ebay... or a PSI card £10 - £15 for laptop.

kyle♥
16-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Right. I've got an xbox in my room. The bridges are connected to the router. And the router is connected to the phone line. How do I know what the gateway and everything is :|.

kano
16-06-2007, 10:02 PM
go to (on your computer) start-> run -> type in cmd and hit ok. this should bring up a command line window now jsut type in ipconfig and hit enter. this should bring up all the info you need.

sorry if i got any of the infomration wrong, if it doesn't work for you search on google

kyle♥
17-06-2007, 12:00 AM
It says cmd is not a valid Win32 application.

Andeeh
17-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Hmm what happened with me was i put a security on it and it wouldnt let me connect. Is your wireless router got like security on it?
If so take it off.

I dno if you can understand what im saying

kano
17-06-2007, 12:57 PM
hmmm you know you can get into a program like dos. with the black background and its a command line based. if you can get into that then jsut try the ipconfig again.
it should come up with your ip address, gateway and all that stuff.
also make sure you have the right secruity settings for your xbox so tehy match your router.

Dubble
17-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I do that and the cmd thing comes up.
Then I type ipconfig and it says no such command?

[I posted on bros acc by accident]

kyle♥
17-06-2007, 06:37 PM
It says

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.06000]
Copyright <c> 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\USers\Josh>ipconfig
'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

You
17-06-2007, 07:19 PM
When you've got your xbox wireless adapter connected, it should search for your network and attempt to connect, if you have a WEP key or some security enter the security key.

kyle♥
17-06-2007, 07:25 PM
It automatically connects to "netgear 2" but I need to enter the gateway and everything or I can't play because the ip adress test always fails :(.

kyle♥
18-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Any idea guys? Still no luck :(.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!